• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • itsamitsi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2015
    • Hervey Bay Queensland

Originally posted by whereswes View Post

Any recommendations on a starter battery? My OEM struggles a little with cooler mornings and thought I'd upgrade at the same time.

Cheers
    Wes
    Ours was tested and only had 474CCA. It is a little sluggish but still starts OK atm. I'll probably go another SSB to match the auxillary.
    Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• KevsChallenger
      • Sep 2017
      • Melbourne

For starting battery if the funds allow it i'd be looking at an Optima or Exide Orbital.
      PC, 2"OME, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batts, TJM Bar, Ironman Winch, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2's, ARB Fridge/Slide, Cargo Barrier, Provent Catch Can, Roof Rack, Lightbar, Inverter, UHF, Lock Up Mate, ScangaugeII, IDrive

Comment

• whereswes
        • Feb 2015
        • Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by KevsChallenger View Post
        I removed my TJM to do my winch install, 2 and half hours to remove, install and wire it up.
        The winch cradle is attached to the chassis and the bar attached to that. Take the wings off, disconnect the daytime lights then its just a couple of bolts either side and off it comes leaving the cradle attached. Bolt your winch on, wire it up and bolt it back together.

Go for it, its not hard and you'll have the satisfaction of having done it yourself and your wallet will thank you for it
        Thanks mate. I recon I will. Would have liked before a Wonnangatta trip in May but will run out of time. This will be my June project.

Cheers
        Wes
        2014 Auto PC Challenger, TJM Bar with Centre/Side LED Bars & 12,000lb Winch, Uniden UHF, ARB Rack with single row LED Bar & Awning, Safari Snorkel, Boos Bash Plates, 265-75R16 BFG KM2s, 100AH AGM Battery and Redarc DC-DC to power Waeco, Custom rear interior, HR Towbar, Combo suspension (Lovells front/ARB rear), Brown Davis LR tank, Diff Breathers, 2 1/2" S/S cat back, ScangaugeII, Munji EGR controller, Bushskinz side steps, DPChip, LM8,

Comment

• whereswes
          • Feb 2015
          • Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by KevsChallenger View Post
          For starting battery if the funds allow it i'd be looking at an Optima or Exide Orbital.
          Thanks mate in fact they were the 2 I was looking at.

Car's not quite at 50,000kms due to work having relocated 12kms from home after taking out the lease and being laid up for 6 weeks last year. At $14k to buy out next March or option of extending lease another 2 years, I recon I'll be sticking with it for another few years so happy to spend a bit extra on premium bits.

Cheers
          Wes
          2014 Auto PC Challenger, TJM Bar with Centre/Side LED Bars & 12,000lb Winch, Uniden UHF, ARB Rack with single row LED Bar & Awning, Safari Snorkel, Boos Bash Plates, 265-75R16 BFG KM2s, 100AH AGM Battery and Redarc DC-DC to power Waeco, Custom rear interior, HR Towbar, Combo suspension (Lovells front/ARB rear), Brown Davis LR tank, Diff Breathers, 2 1/2" S/S cat back, ScangaugeII, Munji EGR controller, Bushskinz side steps, DPChip, LM8,

Comment

• KevsChallenger
            • Sep 2017
            • Melbourne

Originally posted by whereswes View Post
            Thanks mate in fact they were the 2 I was looking at.

Cheers
            Wes
            I've used Optimas before and they just keep coming back for more, my mate runs 3 orbitals in his 80series and they've done the Simpson twice, the Cape once, Oodnadatta once and probably 100 plus trips through the high country and have never given him any trouble.

Dont think you can go wrong with either.
            PC, 2"OME, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batts, TJM Bar, Ironman Winch, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2's, ARB Fridge/Slide, Cargo Barrier, Provent Catch Can, Roof Rack, Lightbar, Inverter, UHF, Lock Up Mate, ScangaugeII, IDrive

Comment

• itsamitsi
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2015
              • Hervey Bay Queensland

The Optimas are not as good as they used to be. Made in Mexico now. I have one here that I bought in 2003 and it's still going. His brother was a bit sad by the end of last year which has now been retired. I'm running an SSB as an auxiliary in mine and I'm very happy with it's performance.
              Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X