• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale101
    • Apr 2015
    • adelaide

Inlet manifold

My 2012 Pag has now done 140,000 km.

At 90,000 km I installed the EGR control module.

Would the first 90,000km been enough kms to clog up the inlet manifold.

I am at a loss to think of a reason why my economy has become worse over the last 12 months or so.

Unless anyone can think of another reason.

PS My valves have not been adjusted for at least 40,000km. Could that be also contribute.
    2" lift kit, SVP EGR mod, Roley rear bash plate, LED interior lighting, spare wheel lift, Uniden UHF, Poly Air bags, 2100 mm Rhino Roof rack on Rhino rails, Rear drawers, LED reversing lights
  • NJV6
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2010
    • New Zealand

Mine was quite clogged when I did it at 85000km
    1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
    1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
    2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• jhale101
      • Apr 2015
      • adelaide

Originally posted by NJV6 View Post
      Mine was quite clogged when I did it at 85000km
      What effect did the clogged manifold have prior to cleaning AND
      Also did you notice any difference after
      2" lift kit, SVP EGR mod, Roley rear bash plate, LED interior lighting, spare wheel lift, Uniden UHF, Poly Air bags, 2100 mm Rhino Roof rack on Rhino rails, Rear drawers, LED reversing lights

Comment

• spot01
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Adelaide

Does it still have plenty of power or has it lost some?

Have your driving conditions changed - being a fellow Adelaidian, if you are increasingly getting stuck in our growing roadworks, it will use more fuel.

Have you changed anything on the car, eg, tyre type, added extras, etc?
        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• jhale101
          • Apr 2015
          • adelaide

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
          Does it still have plenty of power or has it lost some?

Have your driving conditions changed - being a fellow Adelaidian, if you are increasingly getting stuck in our growing roadworks, it will use more fuel.

Have you changed anything on the car, eg, tyre type, added extras, etc?
          Not really. Still got heaps of power.
          Just put on 70r tyres which I understand will reduce fuel economy around town but was not good prior to that.

I believe mechanic in Wright St city does manifold cleaning at reasonable price.
          Where did you get your done?

Comment

• Faereag
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2009
            • Aberfoyle Park, SA

Originally posted by jhale101 View Post
            My 2012 Pag has now done 140,000 km.

At 90,000 km I installed the EGR control module.

Would the first 90,000km been enough kms to clog up the inlet manifold.

I am at a loss to think of a reason why my economy has become worse over the last 12 months or so.

Unless anyone can think of another reason.

PS My valves have not been adjusted for at least 40,000km. Could that be also contribute.
            JHale

Your signature does not mention it, but have you changed your tyres from HT's to AT"s or MT's in the recent past?

Have you cleaned the MAF sensor at all?

Valve clearances are important - both to preserve the valves and seats and to maintain peak engine output. Do they clatter much?

Have you fitted a heavy roof rack?

Have you checked the smaller tubing connectors for leaks (soapy water)?

Just some thoughts for items to check!
            Regards

Rory

2010 NT DID Auto Platinum. ARB Bar; 12000lb winch; Light-force 240 spotlights; Bushskinz plates; dual battery with upgraded wiring; Diff breathers; ECU re-tune; 3" exhaust Toyo AT11's; Ultra-gauge and OBD11 dongle; Garmin 52LM; Icom UHF; Craig Davies transmission cooler with fan; raised EHD Lovells coils; Mann & Hummel Catch Can; Bilstein B6's; Firestone airbags; Tekonsha P3 controller; towball capacity 300KG; GVM 3110KG. Sunland Patriot SE van with a few other mods.

Comment

• NJV6
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2010
              • New Zealand

Originally posted by jhale101 View Post
              What effect did the clogged manifold have prior to cleaning AND
              Also did you notice any difference after
              I cleaned it as I put the EGR spv device on and wanted a clean manifold. I think i noticed a difference afterwards but then the same as any mod - you always notice that its better if you tell yourself it is better. I think it helped with off idle performance.
              1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
              1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
              2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• jhale101
                • Apr 2015
                • adelaide

Originally posted by Faereag View Post
                JHale

Your signature does not mention it, but have you changed your tyres from HT's to AT"s or MT's in the recent past?

Have you cleaned the MAF sensor at all? -

Valve clearances are important - both to preserve the valves and seats and to maintain peak engine output. Do they clatter much?

Have you fitted a heavy roof rack?

Have you checked the smaller tubing connectors for leaks (soapy water)?

Just some thoughts for items to check!
                I need to read up on how yo clean the MAP sensor.

I have fitted AT tyres in tge last 5000 kms.

My roif is a " tradie" type wirh open front and rear.

Valves do not " clatter" much

Comment

• Hill
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2007
                  • Adelaide

jhale

I had my NT inlet manifold cleaned at 137k after installing EGR blank at 90k.
                  YOur manifold should look similiar to attached.
                  I also have oil catch can.

Hill
                  Last edited by Hill; 25-03-19, 01:49 PM.
                  200 Series
                  AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• jhale101
                    • Apr 2015
                    • adelaide

Originally posted by Hill View Post
                    jhale

I had my NT inlet manifold cleaned at 137k after installing EGR blank at 90k.
                    YOur manifold should look similiar to attached.
                    I also have oil catch can.

Hill
                    Any difference after it was cleaned

Comment

• Hill
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2007
                      • Adelaide

Re Any Difference

Manifold was nice and clean!!!!

Everything else is subjective ie seemed to idle a bit a bit better and had a little bit more get up and go. This extra performance was likely to be related to the money that was relieved from my wallet.

Hill
                      200 Series
                      AOR Quantum 4

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X