• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy A
    • Sep 2010
    • Perth

Removal of rear seat

Hi folks, was just wondering if anyone has removed one or both of the rear seats yet. I am heading off for a trip soon and if possible, I would really like to take out the smaller of the two rear seats.

I have had a look under the seats and it appears as though it should be fairly easy. However, Im not sure how I would, or if i could, remove the base plate and spring that the seat is attached to.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Andy
  • norto
    • Jan 2010
    • Batemans Bay

Andy
    The seats and springs come out as one piece.
    Tilt the seats forward and remove the plastic black plastic
    covers that are over the botls.
    Make sure you put the bolts back in to keep the dust out.
    Takes about 10 minutes.
    Pete

Comment

• PBding
      • May 2010
      • Canberra

As I intend to also do this, I've just had a quick look at car, came back inside and have been beaten to it by Norto. The plastic covers just snap off, particularly if you assist them past the hinge pin area and underneath this cover you will find one bolt and one nut on each plate.
      NW GLX-R Pajero auto in Champagne; not anymore, it's gone to a new home. Now piloting a Y62 Patrol petrol v8 in pearl white.

Comment

• Andy A
        • Sep 2010
        • Perth

Cheers guys. Sounds pretty straight forward, so much more confident giving this a go now. Thanks for the info.

Geez, I can't wait to finally take the beast for a good run. Heading off to Esperance over Xmas to do some camping and catch up with family. Can't wait to finally use the Challenger for what I got it for!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X