X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chooseboost
    • Nov 2014
    • Western NSW

Does anyone know what should be stamped on steel rims to ensure they will fit an NW?

I have a bloke selling some steel rims that he says are off a NT. Just wanting to make sure before purchase.
    2013 NW VRX - ARB Deluxe bar, TJM 9500lb winch with synthetic rope, MT STZ's 265/60/18, UHF, Tough Dog Suspension Lift, Bushskinz Intercooler/sump guard and transmission guard, Bushskinz rock sliders, Boo's rear bash plate, Airtec snorkel, ARB diff breathers, Aurora 5w 20" lightbar, Rhino Pioneer Roof Rack. Second set of tyres on 17" challenger rims - Hankook Dynapro MT's 265/70/17. Kalahari Black awning.
    Check out my YouTube page!
    4x4therapy

Comment

• ian_777
      • Sep 2015
      • Perth

Does anyone know if the 2015 PX Ranger 17 inch steel rims fit NW Pajero?

Comment

• spot01
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by ian_777 View Post
        Does anyone know if the 2015 PX Ranger 17 inch steel rims fit NW Pajero?
        I can't recall anyone trying these, so you may be in uncharted territory.

First thing to check is the centre bore diameter, as my wheel supplier said the Ranger centre is different. It needs to be exactly the same, as the Pajero relies on the centre spigot to locate the wheel correctly.

I think the Ranger has a larger offset than the Pajero's 46mm - what width are the wheels? If 8", they may get a bit tight on the inside.

If all that is OK, you would need to test fit (particularly front) to ensure they clear the brake calipers & turn OK.
        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• bill65
          • Feb 2013
          • melton

nw wheels

4 nw wheels on gumtree in Perth $500 wish I live here

Comment

• outbackogre
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2010
            • Melbourne

Originally posted by Chooseboost View Post
            Does anyone know what should be stamped on steel rims to ensure they will fit an NW?

I have a bloke selling some steel rims that he says are off a NT. Just wanting to make sure before purchase.
            Resurrecting an old thread, as I'm also interested in this question. Are all Gen 4 LWB steelies the same?
            My friends call me Rob; you can call me .... Rob.
            -------------------------------------------------------------
            MY12 NW GL DiD auto. 2" MD Lovells/Bilstein lift. Bushskinz underbody protection. Home made rear platform with sliding boxes above and lots of space underneath.

Comment

• old Jack
              Regular
              • Jun 2011
              • Adelaide, South Australia.

It will be something like "7 1/2 x 17 P 46 JJ"

OJ.
              2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
              MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• outbackogre
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2010
                • Melbourne

Thanks OJ.
                My friends call me Rob; you can call me .... Rob.
                -------------------------------------------------------------
                MY12 NW GL DiD auto. 2" MD Lovells/Bilstein lift. Bushskinz underbody protection. Home made rear platform with sliding boxes above and lots of space underneath.

Comment

• reciprovac
                  • Jan 2011
                  • broadford Victoria, Australia

Dynamic wheelsd

Originally posted by TripleO View Post
                  Does anyone know of Dynamic steel wheels. They list wheels on their site to fit late model Pajero in 17".
                  Any info much appreciated.
                  I have a set of 17inch 5 Dynamic wheels ex my NP Pajero,the wheels will fit the rear OK on the NW but the front calliper touches on the front.
                  I am considering a set of 5mm thick spacers on the front then I could use them,spacers on Ebay very cheap and available.
                  However I believe they are illegal,I cannot understand why as long as thread length is not compromised to an unsafe level.
                  Regards.
                  2013 Pajero GLX-R auto Diesel.
                  Tough dog 40mm raised suspension,ARB shocks,MCC bull bar,electric winch,bash plates,draws , engel fridge,dual batteries,air comp,water tank and electric pump,inverter,DC/DC charger,air bags, converter lock up system,diff/traction control modification.

Comment

• old Jack
                    Regular
                    • Jun 2011
                    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by reciprovac View Post
                    I have a set of 17inch 5 Dynamic wheels ex my NP Pajero,the wheels will fit the rear OK on the NW but the front calliper touches on the front.
                    I am considering a set of 5mm thick spacers on the front then I could use them,spacers on Ebay very cheap and available.
                    However I believe they are illegal,I cannot understand why as long as thread length is not compromised to an unsafe level.
                    Regards.
                    Yes wheel spacers are illegal, it is a "one size fits all" rule that covers all width spacers for both alloy and steel wheels. From an engineering point of view if there is 1.5x the thread diameter engaged in the nut, so that is 18mm on a 12mm diameter, the wheel rim is not hub centric and the correct tapered nuts are used on the steel rim then I can not see an issue, but it is illegal and could void warranty/insurance claims even if it was not picked up at a roadworthy inspection.

OJ.
                    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• jamann
                      • Apr 2013
                      • Newcastle

Originally posted by 4wd26 View Post
                      I have a set of 17"x 7 triton alloys +38 offset
                      a set of genuine prado steel rims in 17"x 7.5 + 30 offset
                      and a set of aftermarket alloys in 17"x 8 + 20 offset

If someone was interested in coming and trying out- I'm Bayside Brisbane

Tried the triton alloys on a friends NS a few years ago- thought they fitted but with the 32" MTR would not fit on the rear carrier both for offset and diameter
                      Hi 4wd26.

Do you remember if the 17 x 8 with +20 offset fit in the spare wheel cover?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• 4wd26
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Bayside, Brisbane & Stradie

I don’t think I ever had a chance to trial that rim and offset on a Pajero in regard to the spare wheel cover. From memory you could cut the inside lip of the cover and make fit, it was just that the cover curved around the tyre on the rear that didn’t allow clearances
                        ML triton with some accessories
                        National E Trek Libary
                        Getting Out There

Comment

• KahoonaBurger
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Perth

Originally posted by Chooseboost View Post
                          It would be great if we could compile a list of all possible wheel options for the NW.

Speedy Grande 17x8 I have been told fit but cost around $260 each. Yes you would be able to haggle cheaper.. But still x5 = $$
                          Did a list ever get compiled would love to hear what 17inch after market rims actually fit the NW legally!

Comment

• kod10
                            • May 2014
                            • brisbane

I have a set of four Pajero OEM Steel 17 inch rims with the correct offset from my NW which I will advertise on the For Sale thread when I get to the 15 post limit which is required before posting there. So keep an eye out.

Comment

• spot01
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • Adelaide

Originally posted by KahoonaBurger View Post
                              Did a list ever get compiled would love to hear what 17inch after market rims actually fit the NW legally!
                              Not to the best of my memory.

The Speedy Grande 17x8 42P unfortunately was discontinued a few years ago, which was a shame, as to the best of my knowledge they were the closest fit to factory offset whilst clearing the calipers (& I'm keeping mine!).
                              Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Pwoffey
                                Valued Member
                                • Jul 2013
                                • Adelaide

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
                                The Speedy Grande 17x8 42P unfortunately was discontinued a few years ago, which was a shame, as to the best of my knowledge they were the closest fit to factory offset whilst clearing the calipers (& I'm keeping mine!).
                                I think you are correct. I specified the Speedy Grandes on my camper-trailer to provide compatibility with the Paj. At the time (end of 2013) the camper-trailer people told me that I could have either the Speedy Grande or a ROH RTX alloy wheel. I don't have a record of the exact specs for the ROH wheel, but presumably ROH could let you know if they still have a Paj compatible replacement wheel.
                                BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X