• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 06PAJ
    • May 2017
    • Brissy

Steel bullbar

Without selling a kidney to buy ARB has anyone got reccommendation for steel bar
    Anyone have MCC bar or TJM
    2006 NS V6 EXCEED - SOLD
    2014 NW 3.2L VRX
    Wetseat Covers, Kings 9" LED driving lights
  • ticky
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by 06PAJ View Post
    Without selling a kidney to buy ARB has anyone got reccommendation for steel bar
    I cant help you with your Bar, but I have a very sharp knife if you want a Kidney removed.
    Attached Files
    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• Woollybutt
      • Apr 2017
      • Katherine NT

Originally posted by 06PAJ View Post
      I've got a TJM steel bar on our 2013 NW Paj. Fortunately it was on the car when we bought it second hand so can't comment on price. Seems like a good piece of kit. Hit a few Roos with it so far with no issues. Winch from 4wd supacentre fitted in nicely, a little tricky to get the rear 2 bolts in but no mods needed to the bar.

Hope that helps
      2013 NW VRX...some things have been added

Comment

• mynance
        • Jul 2009
        • Hervey Bay Qld

Had TJM on my NT and Smartbar on m y NW, I think the Smartbar was excellent.
        ARB if you put a winch on you will have 130 kgs hanging off the front, probably $6k exercise once you upgrade your suspension.
        Think I will go the Smartbar for my 200 Series.

Myles
        MY 13 NW DiD VRX, Ultimate Suspensions HD all round with Coil Rite Airbags
        Seachange 595 Elite Off Road Caravan

Comment

• jimsutt
          • Jun 2012
          • Sydney

Originally posted by mynance View Post
          ARB if you put a winch on you will have 130 kgs hanging off the front, probably $6k exercise once you upgrade your suspension.

Myles
          I have fitted the Smart Bar love it, much lighter than steel. Recently hit a roo no damage at all.. Had it fitted by ARB who now own smart bar, opted for the daylight running lights in lue of the fog lights .. Never used the fog lights in the 2 years I have owned the paj..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

• JoeMcDermott
            • Jun 2014
            • Gold Coast

I fitted an Opposite Lock bar and it has stood up to use very well indeed. Take a look at one and see.
            2014 NW with OL bar, 9,500lb winch, Bushskinz, TJM dual battery kit, UHF, Outback drawers, ARB compressor, MSA fridge slide with Evakool fridge, 55mm lift and rear airbags, water tank and pump.

Comment

• erad
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Cooma NSW

I have a genuine MM non-winch bar (badged for a NS model) fitted to my NW. It has done the job so far - it scares the roos. I sincerely hope that I never hit one because I don't think it will survive very well at all. I am considering bolstering up the lower part of the bar (below the numberplate) with some angle iron becaue it seems very flimsy to my way of thinking.

Comment

• pharb
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Tyers,Vic

Originally posted by mynance View Post

Myles
                Replaced the Smartbar on my NX with an ARB. Weighed all the bits that came of and went back.
                Smart bar was 48.8kg. ARB was 62.2kg.

About 13kg difference. About 2/3 of an N70 battery.

8000lb Warn with fibre rope added another 22kg.

I must admit, according to the Smartbar website the Pajero Smart bar is alot heavier than most Smartbars.
                PCOV Member 1107.
                Daily driver NX GLX
                Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
                Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
                Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• tyap
                  • Apr 2012
                  • WA

I have an ARB which was already fitted to the 2nd hand NW.
                  Solid but if it was in the market I would be looking at a TJM I think.
                  Seems to be a better design.

Worth noting the issue of cracked mounting points with the ARB with heavy driving/corrugations (see Sharkcaver's posts about his CSR issues).

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X