• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bru9
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • Victoria

I'm confused by
    grabbed a towel and wrapped it around the hose fittings. i put the adjustable nozzle on the flat spray pattern and held it inside the evaperator box and began to spary in small burts.
    Does the removed part to be cleaned, have delicate parts inside that water can't touch?
    2000 NM Exceed Auto V6 3.5

Comment

• TheTaipan
      Banned
      • Jan 2009
      • sydney

Originally posted by Bru9 View Post
      I'm confused by

Does the removed part to be cleaned, have delicate parts inside that water can't touch?

The delicate parts are in the compressor but mate don't get water or moisture in the evaporator or any part of the system. The hoses you have have discontented need to be sealed off so no moisture can enter. The ends of the evaporator also need to be sealed of when spraying water around.

Water/moisture is bad for any refrigeration system.

Comment

• Bru9
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2014
        • Victoria

Originally posted by TheTaipan View Post
        The delicate parts are in the compressor but mate don't get water or moisture in the evaporator or any part of the system. The hoses you have have discontented need to be sealed off so no moisture can enter. The ends of the evaporator also need to be sealed of when spraying water around.

Water/moisture is bad for any refrigeration system.
        It seems a bit like cleaning the grill on a radiator? Just plug up the hose openings.
        2000 NM Exceed Auto V6 3.5

Comment

• blues
          • Oct 2015
          • Brisbane

Thanks mate for a great writeup. I have a 2005 NM GLX with pissweak cabin air on max fan, so I will have a go at this soon.

Comment

• chrisfarru
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2010
            • Central Coast NSW

Thanks for the DIY

Pretty easy to get to once you watch your pics. Mine wasn't that filthy was full of leaves and other crap. Over the NY we've done heaps of 4WD tracks on very dusty roads. I could see the dust build up inside the vents, and could taste the dust inside the cabin. So evaporator is nice and clean now and a cabin filter installed. Happy days breathing clean air
            NS 3.2 - Roo Bar, Warn Winch, UHF, Bilstein/Lovells, Engine/tranny watchdog, HikeIT, LED headlights, EGR delete, DPF delete, Catch Can

Comment

• Rich0
              • Dec 2011
              • Sydney, South

Great write up, thanks. Did mine on the weekend. Not as bad as that but still some gunk in it so cleaning it was worthwhile.

Also added the cabin filter mod (link in this thread above). Why I hadn't done that already is beyond me. So easy!

I used my on board air compressor and gun tool to give the condenser a blast. Problem was though, I have it on a pressure switch so when I gave it the initial blast it flattened some of the condenser blades. Followed that with a few squirts of the garden hose on spray and it cleaned up nicely.

My drain plug was blocked too but again, a quick blast with the air compressor dislodged all the silt and the water flowed out freely.

Job done. No more leaky foot well, no more internal dust plume on fan setting 4 and breathing cold clean air!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
              2002 NM GLS 3.2 DiD Manual
              My build thread on the to do list

Comment

• Mitty
                • Sep 2014
                • Vic

So Ghendo was kind enough to send me a copy of this thread with the photos. Happy to pass on the favour if anyone needs it

Has anyone tried cleaning the evaporator via the filter slot? Could I just snake a hose down there and give it a blast or do I risk doing some damage?

I'm just going off the photos so not sure exactly what else is in there
                Last edited by Mitty; 05-04-18, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• stanmiko
                  • Apr 2018
                  • Deniliquin

Originally posted by Mitty View Post
                  So Ghendo was kind enough to send me a copy of this thread with the photos. Happy to pass on the favour if anyone needs it

Has anyone tried cleaning the evaporator via the filter slot? Could I just snake a hose down there and give it a blast or do I risk doing some damage?

I'm just going off the photos so not sure exactly what else is in there
                  If you could send me a copy with the pics in place that would be fantastic.
                  I've done the cabin filter mod, but would love to clean the rest out and keep it clean now.
                  Cheers

Comment

• GHendo
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • Northern NSW

Originally posted by stanmiko View Post
                    If you could send me a copy with the pics in place that would be fantastic.
                    I've done the cabin filter mod, but would love to clean the rest out and keep it clean now.
                    Cheers
                    Hi mate

Welcome to the forum.

So that we can send you a copy of the instructions, you’ll need to send Mitty (or myself) a PM (Private Message) which includes your email address – that way we can email you back the PDF file as an attachment.

Cheers

Geoff
                    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Skexis
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2012
                      • Adelaide

Bit of a thread necro but any chance of reposting the pics that have disappeared?

Edit: also am I right in thinking a 2003 NP is not fitted with a cabin air filter?
                      "When strangers meet, great allowances should be made for differences of custom and training". The Lady Jessica - Wisdom of Arrakis

Comment

• GHendo
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2012
                        • Northern NSW

Hi mate

You would be right in thinking a 2003 NP is not fitted with a cabin air filter.

If you PM me your email address I’ll send you a PDF I have of the threat you want which includes the pictures – I filed it away on my computer before the pics disappeared.

Cheers

Geoff
                        03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• ItsAllNew
                          • Mar 2014
                          • Perth, WA

Originally posted by GHendo View Post
                          Hi mate

Welcome to the forum.

So that we can send you a copy of the instructions, you’ll need to send Mitty (or myself) a PM (Private Message) which includes your email address – that way we can email you back the PDF file as an attachment.

Cheers

Geoff
                          Hi. Could I also get a copy of the condenser cleaning instructions and pictures.

Appears.that some of the original thread pictures are missing.. and may help our up coming journey conditions to have this working well..

Got myself the filter to fit with modern.. and have compressor for clean. Any other tips?

Cheers, Heath

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X