Below Nav Bar

Collapse

NW Accessory plug in console bin - anyone know which fuse it uses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Techedz
    • Aug 2019
    • South Canberra

NW Accessory plug in console bin - anyone know which fuse it uses?

My accessory plug in the console bin stopped working (probably because I overloaded it). Does anyone know which fuse it uses?

I searched the owners manual and tested all fuses under the dash and the engine bay and found no listing for it and no faulty fuses. I can only see a listing for the front cigarette lighter socket and the rear accessory socket.

My in-dash cigarette lighter plug had been dead since I got the car 4 months ago dead, and while I was checking for the console bin fuse and I pulled the dash cigarette lighter fuse and it came back to life so it must have had corrosion on it.

When I got back from my 4 hour trip, I tried the centre console bin accessory plug again and it's magically come back to life. I have the console and dash apart at the moment (UHF radio/multi usb socket install).

Just like to know which fuse it is in case it happens again?

While I'm asking, the rear accessory socket has a standard 15 amp fuse, is this all that's on this circuit? I was going to upgrade it but my fridge only pulls 6 amps max so if nothing else is on this circuit it will be fine.
    NW 2012 Pajero Exceed 3.2 Diesel, 18" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs offroad / Coopers Discoverers onroad; 66 Mustang Convertible; Suzuki M109R 1800, DR650 Dirt bike.
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Link to circuit diagram.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Techedz
      • Aug 2019
      • South Canberra

thanks Old Jack! You're worth your weight in beer!
      NW 2012 Pajero Exceed 3.2 Diesel, 18" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs offroad / Coopers Discoverers onroad; 66 Mustang Convertible; Suzuki M109R 1800, DR650 Dirt bike.

Comment

• Ian H
        Valued Member
        • May 2015
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by Edzhere View Post
        thanks Old Jack! You're worth your weight in beer!
        I didn't know he was that heavy
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Techedz
          • Aug 2019
          • South Canberra

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
          I didn't know he was that heavy
          He will be after all the beer!

Hey old Jack, where did you get that nice wiring diagram from - the Russian site on here? I didn't realise that the middle and rear accessory plugs had relays so they handle 25 amps total, nice wiring job by MM and good for fridges etc. Not sure of the current rating of the plugs though, the accessory socket in the console box has very light wiring, I wouldn't put more than 10 amps through it. Looks like dash one just has a 15A use.

BTW Jack, turns out, the intermittent power from the socket was actually an overheated triple cigarette lighter adaptor I'd used to power the small 3A fridge, GPS and bluetooth so obviously above the rating of the unit. The socket was still working when I got home, just didn't use it on my short trip to test it. Threw the triple adaptor in the bin.

Comment

• erad
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Cooma NSW

I am as brick as a think when it comes to reading these wiring diagrams, but my ever fading memory tells me that the accessory sockets had their own fuse built in to the socket itself, as well as a fuse in the supply circuit. The wiring diagram OJ put up shoes only the fuse (No 8 from memory) in the relay box. That is actually how I would wire things myself, but something tells me that each outlet had its own fuse at the rear of the socket. is this correct?

Comment

• nj swb
              Resident
              • Jun 2007
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by erad View Post
              ... something tells me that each outlet had its own fuse at the rear of the socket. is this correct?
              I don't know about Gen 4, but my NJ certainly has a weird link built into the rear of the sockets that has caused some grief when they go high resistance - so full battery voltage is available when tested under no load, but very little voltage makes it through once a current is drawn. The voltage drop happens between the supply wire at the back, and the centre contact inside the socket - difficult to identify during trouble shooting, especially when the fridge stops in the middle of a trip to Fraser.
              NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X