Below Nav Bar

Collapse

NW - dumb newbie question - opening spare wheel cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Techedz
    • Aug 2019
    • South Canberra

NW - dumb newbie question - opening spare wheel cover?

Hi, my first post. Just bought a 2012 NW Exceed Diesel Pajero and wondering how you open the rear cover for the spare wheel. I looked inside and there were 2 large bolts inside under little covers. Do I just undo these and it swings open? It seems to have a hinge on the other side?
    NW 2012 Pajero Exceed 3.2 Diesel, 18" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs offroad / Coopers Discoverers onroad; 66 Mustang Convertible; Suzuki M109R 1800, DR650 Dirt bike.
  • Keithyv
    Valued Member
    • May 2018
    • Perth

Yep, spot on! Just don’t do those bolts up too tight, they can strip pretty easy I believe.
    It’s all in the owner’s manual...
    2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
    MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• dreamerman
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2009
      • Sydney

Thought it is a bit silly to make it hard to remove the spare cover. Would actually prefer for the spare to be under the rear (like my dual cab) and the rear door to open upwards instead of sideways.
      03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• aussieintas
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2013
        • Sorell, Tasmania

As keith said dont over tighten. Torque figure is 18 NM plus/minus 7.........compared to 115NM plus/minus 10 fro road wheels.
        2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
        88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
        92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
        92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
        99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
        95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
        08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

Originally posted by dreamerman View Post
          Thought it is a bit silly to make it hard to remove the spare cover. Would actually prefer for the spare to be under the rear (like my dual cab) and the rear door to open upwards instead of sideways.
          That would mean less clearance underneath of less storage space inside. There's always a compromise.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Keithyv
            Valued Member
            • May 2018
            • Perth

Yes it is a compromise.
            My Terracan had the spare wheel under the back which was great, except there was NO storage space or nooks in the back at all. The 3rd row seats folded up against the side of the rear cabin taking up space in there too.
            2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
            MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Patagonia
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2009
              • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

Originally posted by dreamerman View Post
              At least here it means your spare doesnt get robbed, I love those 2 bolts!
              2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
              Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
              31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
              2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

• Techedz
                • Aug 2019
                • South Canberra

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
                Yep, spot on! Just don’t do those bolts up too tight, they can strip pretty easy I believe.
                It’s all in the owner’s manual...
                Thanks Keithyv, had to guess as the owners manual is missing from the glovebox! I'll treat them gently!
                NW 2012 Pajero Exceed 3.2 Diesel, 18" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs offroad / Coopers Discoverers onroad; 66 Mustang Convertible; Suzuki M109R 1800, DR650 Dirt bike.

Comment

• Morville
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2008
                  • Buxton Vic

And make sure they go in straight. They are very easy to crossthread and damage the female thread.
                  Peter

Comment

• Techedz
                    • Aug 2019
                    • South Canberra

Originally posted by Morville View Post
                    And make sure they go in straight. They are very easy to crossthread and damage the female thread.
                    Peter
                    Yes, read that on here. Don't let the tyre place fit it!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X