• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • na1291
    • Oct 2018
    • Sydney

NL Blisterside Discussion

Hey guys,

I know I'm not the first one to post about this but all the information is abit dated and wanted to reignite the fire that is aftermarket parts of the NL Pajero with "Blisterside" guards.

What is everyone driving? Only ARB stock a bullbar, only TJM supply snorkel.. is this still a thing in 2019?

Thanks for all replies
  • gemster
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2012
    • Gold Coast

Yes ARB still have Winch Bars... Not many left, tho Brisbane had 2 in stock and 1 or 2 Interstate.. But they wont be making any more I have been told... This info is from last Christmas after I wiped out my ARB Bar.... I thought it was not worth the $1395 tho, so I have gone an Alloy bar with a winch to be fitted soon... And still have $800 in my pocket...
    Snorkels are out there on Ebay for a good price...

Gemster....
    YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
    And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
    ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• aussieguy
      • Oct 2015
      • Brisbane

I have been told that either Navara or Patrol bars are the same width and you can modify the mounting points if you good with a welder.
      05/97 NK 3.5L DOHC - DEAD
      02/00 NL 3.5L SOHC

Comment

• na1291
        • Oct 2018
        • Sydney

Hey Gemster, which alloy bar did you go that you saved money on?

Only company I found is ECB which is $2400...

Hey aussieguy, I've heard GU Patrols fit without problem so might just go test fit my mate's bullbar..

Comment

• gemster
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2012
          • Gold Coast

You are Quoting New Prices....I would never pay that... I got mine of a Pajero Wrecking mate and I paid $50 for mine plus a few little extras. And I think it's an ECB.. Even on Gumtree they go for around $100-$200 second hand...
          I don't bother with mainstream Wreckers for anything Pajero any more as all they want to do is rip-you off up here ..
          Example is a front indicator, I have been quoted from $85-$160 Second hand... New on Ebay, $35.... From my mate $10 and $5 postage... I usually go and get the bits I need as it's only 2hrs away and I can spend a few days away at the same time... What do you need for yours?
          Gemster...
          Last edited by gemster; 10-03-19, 03:11 PM.
          YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...

Comment

• geopaj
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by gemster View Post
            You are Quoting New Prices....I would never pay that... I got mine of a Pajero Wrecking mate and I paid $50 for mine plus a few little extras. And I think it's an ECB.. Even on Gumtree they go for around $100-$200 second hand...
            I don't bother with mainstream Wreckers for anything Pajero any more as all they want to do is rip-you off up here ..
            Example is a front indicator, I have been quoted from $85-$160 Second hand... New on Ebay, $35.... From my mate $10 and $5 postage... I usually go and get the bits I need as it's only 2hrs away and I can spend a few days away at the same time... What do you need for yours?
            Gemster...
            Wow, your NL’s has a few bullbars!...

Originally I put on an aluminium genuine MM bar (which is a rebadged TJM bar). Then an ARB winch bar, and now another aluminium one.

To answer the original question, besides bullbar and snorkel, most Gen 2 stuff will fit a wide body NL (ie cargo barrier, dual battery tray, tow bar, 16” wheels, interior bits, fuel tanks, suspension, etc).

As stated by Gemster, eBay for a snorkel and wreckers for a bullbar (there’s actually a genuine MM on eBay now for $150 in NSW not too far from Sydney).

If you really want new, a quick search shows ECB, MCC and ARB currently have some stock of new bars for the wide body NL
            Last edited by geopaj; 10-03-19, 05:37 PM.
            Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• gemster
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2012
              • Gold Coast

Alloy to steel, back to alloy...
              I have only had one 'wipe-out' since I purchased the Paj from you Justin... But many close calls with wildlife and Idiots...
              Emus and Roos like it and always want to have a closer look when im doing 100kmh. Something shiny I recon ...
              Last trip up to Cloncurry(last year) was especially bad with the drought and all, there seems to be 100 times the normal amount of wildlife on the roads...
              I loved the ARB bar and was sad that it got crunched. A few have said that it could be bent back into shape.. One day I will find another one at the right price as they Do look Sexy...

Gemster....

Comment

• na1291
                • Oct 2018
                • Sydney

Can't find anyone wrecking any widebodies and the regular gen 2s dont have what I would like.. a bullbar

Other than that, ofcourse Long Range Fuel Tank would be nice.. don't need much haha.. just the spenno things!

Snorkels I've had a look on Ebay don't come with a template and I am absolutely scared shitless to drill into such a clean Paj (will post photos when I can).

I guess I'll just keep an eye out for some ebay/gumtree. I've contacted ARB and seeing if there are any bullbars left, once they get back to me might just bite the bullet.

Thanks for the replies so far! Love the look of the Blisterside and the 4M40T is a weapon, even my mate with TD42 Cruiser is impressed

Comment

• geopaj
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by na1291 View Post
                  Can't find anyone wrecking any widebodies and the regular gen 2s dont have what I would like.. a bullbar

Other than that, ofcourse Long Range Fuel Tank would be nice.. don't need much haha.. just the spenno things!

Snorkels I've had a look on Ebay don't come with a template and I am absolutely scared shitless to drill into such a clean Paj (will post photos when I can).

I guess I'll just keep an eye out for some ebay/gumtree. I've contacted ARB and seeing if there are any bullbars left, once they get back to me might just bite the bullet.

Thanks for the replies so far! Love the look of the Blisterside and the 4M40T is a weapon, even my mate with TD42 Cruiser is impressed
                  How about this...

$100 (or $150 buy it now) plus probably $50 to get it via courier.
                  Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• na1291
                    • Oct 2018
                    • Sydney

Have seen that one but not a winch bar so holding back..

Comment

• gemster
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2012
                      • Gold Coast

What parts are you after, I have a Pajero Wrecking mate up here and he has a few... Send me a list and I will see what I can do...

Gemster.....

Comment

• na1291
                        • Oct 2018
                        • Sydney

Heya Gemster,

I'm mainly after a Winch Bar and Snorkel and Long Range Fuel Tank (Diesel) as we've talked about.

I'm doing the clutch this weekend and engine mounts etc so better not to get them used.

- Aftermarket suspension upgrades wouldn't go out of mind for the right price (2nd hand)
                        - Alloy flat roof rack (2nd hand)
                        - Dual battery tray (2nd hand)

That's all really... I'm sure if I see a FS post then I'll have more things come to mind but yeah.. that's it.

Thanks mate!
                        Last edited by na1291; 21-03-19, 12:53 PM. Reason: Forgot Info

Comment

• gemster
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2012
                          • Gold Coast

No worries I will call him tomorrow....

Gemster....

Comment

• gemster
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2012
                            • Gold Coast

PM sent na1291...

Gemster....

Comment

• 98NL GL
                              • Oct 2011
                              • Cairns

That ARB steel bulbar is sexy but expensive...I'm on a look out for a used one which I hope will be cheaper.
                              XSWAT 1998 NL GL, 3.5L MANUAL, 2" OME 50 mm Lift, MAXXIS 751 33X12.5R15 on CSA N26 RIMS with -11 OFFSET, UNIDEN UHF, NARVA 175 SPOTTIES, AIRCON & RADIO/CD,......CONVERTED to SEVEN SEATER, Manual Hubs (ex tritton)
                              1990 NG SWB 2.5 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, 33s, LIGHT BAR, GEN 2 IDLER & PITMAN ARMS. PLANS - Dual Battery.
                              1999 NL SWB 2.8 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, INVECS TIPTRONIC AUTOMATIC GEARBOX, ARB BULLBAR, DUAL BATTERY, SPOTTIES, ROOF RACK.
                              2016 MY16 PAJERO GLX AUTO DID GRAPHITE COLOR STOCK

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X