• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oiler
    • Aug 2007
    • Perth Western Australia

Leather Seats wearing

Hi everyone. I have an August 2007 Exceed with the light leather interior. The drivers seat is beginning to show signs of wearing with the colour rubbing off the raised area near the seams. This seems to be a little premature, I also had an NM for 4 years prior to the NS with the same leather seats and did not have this same problem.

I always remove stuff from my pockets and always clean and treat the seats with meguires leather conditioner so I am a little dissapointed this has occurred so quickly.

Do you think I would have any chance of getting this fixed under warranty?

Apart from this I love my Pajero
  • capemanifold
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • QLD

Oiler I have a 2007 glx and like you I am wondering about the long term wear and tear 24 months after my purchase .My arm rests are looking very scuffed already especially inside the handles and on the top.I shudder to imagine how it will look later on down the track ,I really take the time and effort to look after my interior so I am am some what disappointed .
    2007 DID AUTO

Comment

• apsilon
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2008
      • Hills District NSW

This is why I hate OEM leather and really wanted cloth but couldn't get it with the other options I wanted.

It can't hurt to approach them and see what can be done but I doubt they'll do anything. Probably state normal wear and tear,
      MY09 NT Pajero X shortie diesel
      Mods - No longer fit in my sig so see here

Comment

• pody
        • Aug 2008
        • Wollongong

Leather belongs only in the "bedroom"!
        2007 DID ARB bar,Dominator 12000lb,Aitec Snorkel, Bushskinz underbody protection/sliders, Lightforce XGT 70W Hid,35W Lo beam,55w Hid Hight Beam, 55W hid driving lights, 20" Tigers Light Bar,37" 320W Monster Light Bar, 25W Led rev light, 2x 16w Led Rear lights, F/R Diff Locks, Tx Lockup kit,3/4 roof cage, 17x8 Incubus Poltegeist wheels with BFG KM2 Muddies, 100Amp Hybrid Batt, 75Amp Thumper AGM, Thumper 50 Amp Charger, VMS 7" offroad GPS with reverse cam, ICOM IC 440 UHF, GME Epirb,

Comment

• dolphin
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2008

oiler, seeing your vehicle is only under 2 years old i would be contacting the dealer to find out what you can do about this leather wear problem. to me it sounds very premature as i own a 2000 exceed and all seats are in perfect nick, with your model it sounds like the manufacturers had a bad batch of Dye that they used to color the leather. get onto this asap.
          NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• tinks
            • Jan 2009
            • Sth East Melbourne

I agree I think you should contact them too, it cant hurt, I have a 2005 exceed and my seats are still in good condition too and I havent used anything on mine
            2005 NP V6 Exceed, 2"lift, BFG AT's, uniden uhf, 3 way fridge, semi offroad camper, proficiency course and proficiency plus course, plus wish list

Comment

• Jay1
              • Oct 2008
              • Gold Coast, Australia

My leather appears to be wearing off at the seams as well. I've got a January 07 with 17,000 clicks and I've noticed it on the drivers seat. The car is always parked under cover and I also use Megulars Leather Cleaner & Conditioner. I've never owned a leather car before, so didn't really know what to expect. It seems pretty poor to me. Do you think MMA would do anything about it?
              Attached Files
              SWB NS X Pajero '07 - Sold.
              Current - 2010 Black Challenger XLS 7 Seater w/ Ironman Deluxe Commercial Bullbar, Safari Snorkel, Ironman Vega 220 Spotlights, Uniden UH7760NB, Bushskinz Bash Plates, Brown Davis Long Range Fuel Tank, Tough Dog Adjustable Shocks, King Springs, TJM IBS Dual Battery System, Hayman Reese Towbar, Diff Breathers.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X