View Single Post
Old 28-01-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslow View Post
Using the Mitsubishi filter will at least give you piece of mind that it has been tested for your Paj.

I know a number of other Brand vehicles are having problems with dusted engines due to aftermarket filters being used. The Toyota V8's have well known problems with aftermarket filters and a friend of mine has just lost his V8 engine to poor filtration after using an aftermarket product for a number of years. Cost to him was 12K!!

Ive noticed poor filtration on my own Grand Cherokee and Pajero when using aftermarket filters inc both paper and K&N in dusty conditions. I tried everything including increased servicing and special greases to try to seal them, but these were never successful. I reverted back to OEM and the problem was gone.

Personally its a risk I don't want to take, for a small financial saving. Especially if you get out into the WA red dirt!
X infinity .. not worth to save a few bucks

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap