View Single Post
Old 28-01-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajaru View Post
I am looking at getting a air filter and after a quick search I can find air filters from $8 to $100, so would a $8 do the job or would a $100 be better. Which would be better brand or should I stay with Mitsubishi.
Using the Mitsubishi filter will at least give you piece of mind that it has been tested for your Paj.

I know a number of other Brand vehicles are having problems with dusted engines due to aftermarket filters being used. The Toyota V8's have well known problems with aftermarket filters and a friend of mine has just lost his V8 engine to poor filtration after using an aftermarket product for a number of years. Cost to him was 12K!!

Ive noticed poor filtration on my own Grand Cherokee and Pajero when using aftermarket filters inc both paper and K&N in dusty conditions. I tried everything including increased servicing and special greases to try to seal them, but these were never successful. I reverted back to OEM and the problem was gone.

Personally its a risk I don't want to take, for a small financial saving. Especially if you get out into the WA red dirt!
NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.