View Single Post
Old 09-03-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cruzin View Post
I wasn't asking for a history lesson, I was stating a fact that previous attempts to introduce a species to eradicate another had not gone well in the past.
I know all about the virus, I read about it 12 months ago and have been to a conferance that discussed the topic. It has not been tested in every possible situation, ans is not a guaranteed 100% kill rate.
Nature finds a way to survive, and any that do will more than likely become immune to the virus. I think a lot more research needs to be donr before they release it.
The point is, making comparisons to the introduction of rabbits or cane toads is a false equivalence. There was ZERO scientific investigation done with either of those things, whereas the CSIRO has been working on this for over 10 years.

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto