• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

(a) spring in the desert

2 trips into the Great Victoria Desert in a week. This time 5 days, 2000 K's, Knocking off some bucket list items. More to follow. Be secure in the fact I broke stuff again.....
    Attached Files
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys
  • greybeard
    • Jan 2008
    • WA

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
    2 trips into the Great Victoria Desert in a week. This time 5 days, 2000 K's, Knocking off some bucket list items. More to follow. Be secure in the fact I broke stuff again.....
    And you had to drink Emu Bitter Suppose your fridge carked it and the beer was warm as well.

Some people just have weird ideas of fun

Comment

• sharkcaver
      • May 2009
      • Perth

Originally posted by greybeard View Post
      And you had to drink Emu Bitter Suppose your fridge carked it and the beer was warm as well.

Some people just have weird ideas of fun
      Well then, one fridge carked it. It wasn't mine
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Hatto
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2013
        • Mandurah WA

Oh no, what on earth broke this time? Surely everything on your car is new again by now. You've replaced it all haven't you.
        Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
        ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• sharkcaver
          • May 2009
          • Perth

All but my lightbar...
          Attached Files

My Journeys

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

Once the Mental Health monthly magazine sees the picture of you and the emu I think your licence might be up for review anyways......
            Attached Files
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• sharkcaver
              • May 2009
              • Perth

Part 1.
              Are we there yet - nope still another 2 days of travel for that.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                • May 2009
                • Perth

The conclusion to a quick trip into the guts of the Great Victoria Desert:

My Journeys

Comment

• Garc
                  • May 2015
                  • Perth

Great video, pity the QVS was burned out. Do you know if the burning went out to Plumridge Lakes?
                  Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                    • May 2009
                    • Perth

Originally posted by Garc View Post
                    Great video, pity the QVS was burned out. Do you know if the burning went out to Plumridge Lakes?
                    Cheers.

No, I'm not sure about Plumridge. Plumridge Lakes are about 180Km's North East as the crow flies from Queen Victoria Spring, or about 280Km's by desert track from Argus corner. That is a long way for a fire to travel, but out there, there is no fire fighting, so a fire could easily travel that distance, weather depending. With the fire from Argus out to the spring, we must have travelled 60+ Km's of burnt track.

It is nasty stuff for vehicles that burnt country. I cant believe we kept all our tyres. I have some maintenance issues at home atm that are taking priority on my time. I haven't even unpacked the car as yet. I'm dreading washing it as I know I scored some hard hits on the duco from that crappy burnt (no longer any) foliage.

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X