• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

I'm not sure if this has been asked before and this thread is too big to search but is there any reason I can't add an iDrive to my NX with AuotoMate ?
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
      I'm not sure if this has been asked before and this thread is too big to search but is there any reason I can't add an iDrive to my NX with AuotoMate ?
      No, but when you add the iDrive or any other throttle response booster, fit a chip, get an engine remap or change overall tyre diameter, the behaviour of Auto Mate will change as will the Adaptive Learning Function of the INVECS II AT ECU program. It could take some time to settle down, it will depend on what setting on the iDrive you use and how you drive the vehicle. There is an offset function in Auto Mate for the Gen 4 Pajero, were you can "shift" the whole program so the gear changes happen at lower or higher in the engine rev range, you may have to play around with the settings for a period of time to get the gear change offset where it suits you.

If I have this wrong I am sure Marshall will chime in with the corrections.

Have you read the user manual that was supplier with Auto Mate?

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• m_and_m
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2010
        • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
        No, but when you add the iDrive or any other throttle response booster, fit a chip, get an engine remap or change overall tyre diameter, the behaviour of Auto Mate will change as will the Adaptive Learning Function of the INVECS II AT ECU program. It could take some time to settle down, it will depend on what setting on the iDrive you use and how you drive the vehicle. There is an offset function in Auto Mate for the Gen 4 Pajero, were you can "shift" the whole program so the gear changes happen at lower or higher in the engine rev range, you may have to play around with the settings for a period of time to get the gear change offset where it suits you.

If I have this wrong I am sure Marshall will chime in with the corrections.

Have you read the user manual that was supplier with Auto Mate?

OJ.
        Yes, you can use auto-mate with an iDrive.
        There a feature of auto-mate whereby it delays an gear up shift when you're pushing the car hard (like the factory ECU does), but because the these iDrive throttle controllers are essential flooring the accelerator auto-mate may interpret this is 'driving hard'.

In the challenger version I've had some feedback from a person with a pedal controller that it tends to hold gear a little too long (ie delays upshift unnecessary). Ie drive to 60kph and the time to change to 4th isa fraction long.

I've since removed this feature in the very latest version of the software.

Incidentally, the latest version is soon to be released with a number of improvements. If you have something you 'don't like', there's a good chance it's been fixed in the latest software version.
        It now includes an ultra-low power standby mode. It will draw up to 75% less power than typical OBD2 readers when the car is off. (now down to just 13mA). Also allows you to choose (adjust) the default 40degC auto-mate activation temperature. This was in response to a customers car that preferring a hotter oil to work smoothly (+50degC).

I'd love to hear some feedback from auto-mate owners with an iDrive, torqit etc products to see what they think. I'm constantly improving auto-mate as feedback is received.
        2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
        2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
        Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Andythiing
          • May 2019
          • Adelaide Hills

How do we access and install the software update?
          SWB Pajero NT X diesel auto
          2 inch lift
          ARB bar and snorkel
          Bushskinz bashplates and sliders

Comment

• Ian H
            Valued Member
            • May 2015
            • Melbourne

Thanks OJ and Marshall for the info in the iDrive.

I hadn't intended to buy one but I happened to win it in a raffle this weekend.
            2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• m_and_m
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Andythiing View Post
              How do we access and install the software update?
              Software update is available from the web site. Cost is just the postage, as the control unit needs to be returned to have the software installed. link
              If you live in the Adelaide area and want to do drop off/pickup, this can be arranged also.
              2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
              Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Andythiing
                • May 2019
                • Adelaide Hills

Fantastic - in Adelaide hills so will arrange to come down at some stage and say gday👍
                SWB Pajero NT X diesel auto
                2 inch lift
                ARB bar and snorkel
                Bushskinz bashplates and sliders

Comment

• NTBenny
                  • May 2017
                  • Newcastle

Marshall,

I have a Kings throttle controller so if you have any questions then please PM me.

Benny.
                  2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• m_and_m
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by NTBenny View Post
                    Marshall,

I have a Kings throttle controller so if you have any questions then please PM me.

Benny.
                    PM sent

Comment

• Ian H
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2015
                      • Melbourne

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
                      Software update is available from the web site. Cost is just the postage, as the control unit needs to be returned to have the software installed. .
                      Order placed

Comment

• dreamerman
                        Valued Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • Sydney

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
                        Software update is available from the web site. Cost is just the postage, as the control unit needs to be returned to have the software installed.
                        Do you have certain times when you release upgrades (like once per year in Oct or something) or when ever you feel appropriate to do so? Thanks
                        03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• m_and_m
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by dreamerman View Post
                          Do you have certain times when you release upgrades (like once per year in Oct or something) or when ever you feel appropriate to do so? Thanks
                          Only when it's appropriate to do so. There have been incremental updates all year, but this version is now worthy of wider application.

Comment

• Ian H
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2015
                            • Melbourne

I fitted the iDrive today and so far things seem to be fine. The car is certainly more responsive so I'll play around with the settings but I didn't detect any obvious issue with Auto Mate.

Comment

• NTBenny
                              • May 2017
                              • Newcastle

Marshall,

Did you get my PM about my throttle controller etc?

Benny.
                              2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• m_and_m
                                Valued Member
                                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by NTBenny View Post
                                Marshall,
                                Did you get my PM about my throttle controller etc?
                                Benny.
                                Yep - just replied.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X