• Show
Clear All
  • TC.Barky
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2011
    • Melbourne

transmission drain plug washer

Hey all,

Had a derp moment yesterday and somehow forgot to put the washer back on the transmission drain plug. Don't really have time to drain and refill as I'm driving to Adelaide tomorrow. Doesn't seem to be leaking thus far. Reckon it will be OK?
    MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
    Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
  • Barneymutt
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2007
    • Regents Park. Qld

If your worried about it you could remove the plug, quickly place your thumb over the hole, then replace the bung and washer.
    You may make a small mess but would save draining and refilling.
    Oh..if it's hot don't use your thumb, maybe a piece of rag or something.
    Also don't panic, try and stay nice and calm.

Comment

• bigfella78
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2010
      • Mandurah, WA

If it is hot make sure you have some one close by with a camera so we can all share your pain...lol
      2018 NX GLS, Munji DPF delete, MCC 808-02 Phoenix Bar, ARB Awning.

GONE but not forgotten - 1998 NL GLS, ARB Bull bar, GME UHF, Rhino Rack roof cage, Terrain Tamer Suspension, Mickey Thompson ATZ, Long range tank, Snorkel & Rallye 2000 Driving lights.

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2012
        • Maitland, NSW

Originally posted by bigfella78 View Post
        If it is hot make sure you have some one close by with a camera so we can all share your pain...lol
        I agree, i'm in need of some lol'z as well.

That washer mainly helps seal after the fluid heats up and thins so i'd suggest as others have, let it cool then do the old finger block trick and put it back in.

Just be carefull i did this once and dropped the bolt and it rolled away, took 10mins to wiggle and jiggle to claw at it with my feet haha
        97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
        97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• Barneymutt
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2007
          • Regents Park. Qld

Originally posted by Pauly Faulkner View Post
          I agree, i'm in need of some lol'z as well.

That washer mainly helps seal after the fluid heats up and thins so i'd suggest as others have, let it cool then do the old finger block trick and put it back in.

Just be carefull i did this once and dropped the bolt and it rolled away, took 10mins to wiggle and jiggle to claw at it with my feet haha

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X