• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chunk
    • Jun 2015
    • S.A

PPD Performance 3inch S/S turbo back exhaust

Hey guys just wanted to ask if anyone on here has tried the full 3ich S/S exhaust system turbo back (no cat) or mufflers just a resonator from PPD Performance its only $599 for full exhaust system with 304 grade stainless steel

Update been in touch with PPD Performance and they can add hi flow cat to the system the guys are very professional and response to questions is fast and honest and with help from a fellow forum member I've decided to get one, can't beat the price 3inch exhaust, 304 grade S/S , TURBO back with hi flow cat and resonator for $699 and great customer service
    Last edited by Chunk; 10-05-19, 08:05 PM.
  • kblof
    • Apr 2017
    • Radelaide

Hey Chunk
    I bought one for my NT and it is pretty good for the price, mine was delivered with a muffler and not the hot dog and without a CAT. My NT is a later one and the exhaust is meant for the NS and early NT as I had trouble with the fit under passenger front and rear seat areas. Took it to an exhaust shop who modified it. The guys at PPD were extremely helpful and honest with feedback.
    All the welds were spot on, came with all the bolts etc. my only gripe would be 2 bolt flange joins instead of 3 or 4 bolt flanges.
    I put up a quick video on their FB page of the sound, not much but maybe worth a look?
    Its not as quiet as standard but no drone.
    I'm located around Mt Barker if you want to have a look?
    Cheers
    Kym
    2011 NT Pajero| DID

Comment

• Stoneman
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2012
      • Melbourne

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
      Hey guys just wanted to ask if anyone on here has tried the full 3ich S/S exhaust system turbo back (no cat) or mufflers just a resonator from PPD Performance its only $599 for full exhaust system with 304 grade stainless steel

Update been in touch with PPD Performance and they can add hi flow cat to the system the guys are very professional and response to questions is fast and honest and with help from a fellow forum member I've decided to get one, can't beat the price 3inch exhaust, 304 grade S/S , TURBO back with hi flow cat and resonator for $699 and great customer service
      Are you in a manual?
      Have you had the dpf burn deleted?
      Unless the burn is stopped you may not be able to burn the fuel during the burn and you will get white smoke during the process
      Can you install your temp sensors?

Keep us posted, interesting, things may of changed with cats
      NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• Chunk
        • Jun 2015
        • S.A

Exhaust upgrade

Hey stoneman, car has been going great since I put the resistors you sent me for the temp sensors, still has original dpf pipe but removed the filter, looped pressure sensor tubes together, also I put a resistor on the Airbox wire and egr shut 100% all the time, been like that for over 9 months now with no issues so far, I havnt stopped the burn cycle at all but missus said it blows a bit of smoke now and then looks just like a dpf burn, yeah mine is the auto model and they guys at pdd performance have one for the auto, I'm getting a hi flow cat added to the system, so basically from turbo back it will have 3inch S/S pipe, hi flow cat and a resonator no mufflers for just $758 including postage which seems great, chatting to a few guys they rekon it shouldn't be to loud being a turbo but definately won't sound stock lol, I will be fitting in about 4 weeks let you know how it goes.

Comment

• Fbo974
          • Apr 2019
          • Reunion Island

Chunk ,
          can we hear the sound of your exhaust ?

Comment

• Stoneman
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2012
            • Melbourne

Hey stoneman, car has been going great since I put the resistors you sent me for the temp sensors, still has original dpf pipe but removed the filter, looped pressure sensor tubes together, also I put a resistor on the Airbox wire and egr shut 100% all the time, been like that for over 9 months now with no issues so far, I havnt stopped the burn cycle at all but missus said it blows a bit of smoke now and then looks just like a dpf burn, yeah mine is the auto model and they guys at pdd performance have one for the auto, I'm getting a hi flow cat added to the system, so basically from turbo back it will have 3inch S/S pipe, hi flow cat and a resonator no mufflers for just $758 including postage which seems great, chatting to a few guys they rekon it shouldn't be to loud being a turbo but definately won't sound stock lol, I will be fitting in about 4 weeks let you know how it goes.
            be careful mate, a high flow cat wont let the dpf burn happen to where the cat reaches high enough temps to burn the fuel it uses for the burn
            the engine pre injects fuel that gets pushed out the cylinders to ignite after the cat, this creates the incineration for the dpf to burn the particles
            I would get it in writing that the high flow cat accepts your temp sensors (i doubt it will, as it will be a similar set up to other set ups on the market) and that it will handle the dpf burn other wise you will get a trail of white smoke for the duration of the burn

when we ring these big companies now we aren't able to speak to people in the know very often, so we are just speaking to a salesmen that will tell you his grandmother fitted one last week and its running sweet
            mean while she is back at home charging her wheelchair (nothing wrong with that of course)
            how often does a salesmen tell you hes got the exact car or hes brother etc has one when questioning a product

Comment

• honkur
              • Apr 2019
              • sunshine coast

So Chunk, did you end up fitting the PPD exhaust? I am looking to do the same, was worried about the dpf. Salesman reckons as it's a passive regen they haven't had problems, but don't trust him. What did you have to do to fix dpf stuff? Resistors?

Cheers

Comment

• Retnaburn
                • Apr 2017
                • Melbourne

These units are selling real quick apparently i snuck my order in the otherday without the misses knowing haha 🤗
                Lwb Ns DID 08 Current
                Kj Verada Gtv Current
                Vz SSZ 6.0ltr Current

Comment

• Chunk
                  • Jun 2015
                  • S.A

Originally posted by honkur View Post
                  So Chunk, did you end up fitting the PPD exhaust? I am looking to do the same, was worried about the dpf. Salesman reckons as it's a passive regen they haven't had problems, but don't trust him. What did you have to do to fix dpf stuff? Resistors?

Cheers
                  Hi mate, not as yet 2 weeks away now but I've deleted my dpf and used resistors from a fellow member for the sensors on the dpf also I looped the pressure sensor tubes together got rid of the metal tubes all together and looped the rubber hoses together for constant pressure which makes the ecu happy also I have fitted the resistor to the air intake which shuts off the EGR 100% of the time have had the set like this for over 1 year NO CODES no issues also I've had no tune or run no chip just running stock standard. So I am hoping that the pdd 3inch exhaust is ok, will definately post once fitted any issues or problems but hopefully not

Comment

• Chunk
                    • Jun 2015
                    • S.A

Originally posted by Stoneman View Post
                    be careful mate, a high flow cat wont let the dpf burn happen to where the cat reaches high enough temps to burn the fuel it uses for the burn
                    the engine pre injects fuel that gets pushed out the cylinders to ignite after the cat, this creates the incineration for the dpf to burn the particles
                    I would get it in writing that the high flow cat accepts your temp sensors (i doubt it will, as it will be a similar set up to other set ups on the market) and that it will handle the dpf burn other wise you will get a trail of white smoke for the duration of the burn

when we ring these big companies now we aren't able to speak to people in the know very often, so we are just speaking to a salesmen that will tell you his grandmother fitted one last week and its running sweet
                    mean while she is back at home charging her wheelchair (nothing wrong with that of course)
                    how often does a salesmen tell you hes got the exact car or hes brother etc has one when questioning a product
                    Hey stoneman, what I might do is put the whole system on and see how it goes but I will keep my old CAT CONV and if there's any issues I will put it back on probably with modification to fit to the 3inch welding etc but thanks for the heads up, yeah i have no dpf now or egr operation so just have to see the effects of tbe hi flow cat have another member on here put one on and said his was ok didnt mention the burn cycle at all but will let you know how i go Knowledge is power lolz

Comment

• Retnaburn
                      • Apr 2017
                      • Melbourne

Fitted mine yesterday was a pain in the *** had to drill the bolts on the turbo flange to half Inch the next issue i had was the cat temp sensors where about 2 inches to short once i sorted that the rest fitted ok but does rub on cargo tub shield in the rear but apart from those issues it does boost performance and gives my high flowed turbo its full potential because it boosts a lot better now and the turbo whistle is insane to what it was.-
                      Lwb Ns DID 08 Current
                      Kj Verada Gtv Current
                      Vz SSZ 6.0ltr Current

Comment

• Stoneman
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2012
                        • Melbourne

You cant beat the price

will be interested how the dpf burn cycle reacts.

Comment

• Retnaburn
                          • Apr 2017
                          • Melbourne

yer lol once you work out the kinks its not a bad pipe has done a burn since i put it on doesn't blow smoke while driving only while idling at a stand still .
                          Lwb Ns DID 08 Current
                          Kj Verada Gtv Current
                          Vz SSZ 6.0ltr Current

Comment

• muzzy
                            • Feb 2008
                            • Sydney

Hi mate, not as yet 2 weeks away now but I've deleted my dpf and used resistors from a fellow member for the sensors on the dpf also I looped the pressure sensor tubes together got rid of the metal tubes all together and looped the rubber hoses together for constant pressure which makes the ecu happy also I have fitted the resistor to the air intake which shuts off the EGR 100% of the time have had the set like this for over 1 year NO CODES no issues also I've had no tune or run no chip just running stock standard. So I am hoping that the pdd 3inch exhaust is ok, will definately post once fitted any issues or problems but hopefully not

Can you let me know what resistors you put in and where?

I already have the egr block kit and have installed the resistor at the air box.
                            Cheers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X