• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

Review - Lovells Suspension

After 4years the H/Duty EFS coils & the TJM XGS Gold Struts/Shocks, (which have been fantastic), were doing fine until I added:
    Replacement Steel Rear Bar, Draw System, a lot heavier Drop Fridge slide, Roof Rack, Awning & then the Roof Top the back end sagged & I had 25PSI in the airbags too..

Time to research & as my Mates at Creighton's now stock the Lovells Suspension it was a bonus when all the research suggested to me that I needed to go Extra Heavy Duty, & all that research pointed me to Lovells !.. I have to say here I was nervous going the extra H/Duty up front but after talking to Jenene & Wayne, then doing more research, I bit the bullet.. Lovells Extra Heavy Duty Front & Back matched with their Shocks/Struts has seen the Paj sitting level front has lifted 40mm both sides & the rear 45mm & I have the air bags at the 10PSI, (which I have as the minimum pressure).

The Lovells coils for the rear are the CRR92HD which are about 25% load rating above the standard H/Duty Lovells coil.

Lovells CRR92HD & the EFS Progressive H/Duty Coils:

Old EFS Progressive H/Duty:

Lovells CRR92HD:

Lovells CFR90EHD & EFS HD Coils:

Fitting Coil to Strut:

Rear going on:

Front going on:

Front After:

Rear After:

As you can see from the following pic the rear end with all the extra mods needed attention:

Very happy with the final result:

Over last W/End we had a drive up to Tarra Bulga & I'm wrapped the ride is great no sign of harshness at all.. Can't wait to see how it performs Off Road now.

Obviously The suspension will settle a little, measuring from centre hub front both 570mm Rear RHS 568mm & LHS 570mm. with 10PSI in air Bags, (as my minimum, noting from 0-10PSI no change in height).

Gus.
    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals
  • wazza1965
    • Mar 2011
    • Brisbane

Lovell feedback

I have used the Lovell heavy duty front and rears for 3 months now. Many reviews state that you will have a harsh ride but this has been far from the case. I originally had Ironman front and rear which proved great over 4yr but fitting the Lovell transformed my car. If anything I would say the ride is softer now but I have a lot of extra's on-board adding weight. Maybe the extra weight of the winch bulbar draws etc. helps use the heavier spring rate. Very happy with the heavy duty Lovell’s on my NM Diesel.
    NM2002 Exceed DID. Safari Snorkel, Garrett GTX2863R Turbo, HPD Intercooler, Synergy / Turbosmart controllers, Mandrel 3" Exhaust Pyro, Built auto, ECB Bar with 12,000lb Winch & Dyneema rope, Rotronic battery system, 2x 120Amp/h AGM AUX batteries, Lovell 2", Airbags, Rhino AT2012, Fiamma Awning. 4x IPF spots 120w HID inserts. Alpine NAV Bluetooth with Type R sound system, UHF Uniden UH8080NB, Couplertec. Rear draw system, 1500w inverter. ARB twin comp / tank, ARB Locker. Evakool. NASA BM-1.

Comment

• Gus
      Administrator
      • Mar 2008
      • Traralgon. Vic

Cheers wazza for adding your findings..

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Gus View Post
        Cheers wazza for adding your findings..

Gus.
        How are they going Gus? Contemplating getting them on my NW.

CHEERS
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Gus
          Administrator
          • Mar 2008
          • Traralgon. Vic

I've had an issue! No fault of the suspension:

We have been chasing a mild grinding sound not clicking coming from both sides rear checked bearings & CVs all nice & smooth/tight & I know I'd read on here that a member swapped the CV/shafts from left to right so tried that & it fixed the problem.

So note to all after you add raised suspension, if you notice similar well worth a try!

While we were at it all rear bushes checked & I must say I was surprised after 280,000 we only needed to replace the Lower arm bushes, (spindle end). Note on ringing MM they don't do a bush & trade was $700 per side for new arms aftermarket $85 for the 2 bushes why they list as not a serviceable part!!

So back to your question Dicko still haven't taken off road & now the noise has gone, (which wasn't noticeable in the 1st week, as it only started to show itself under load going around roundabouts driving in normal conditions I couldn't hear it at all), ride is smooth as 1st reported.

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

Thanks Gus. Will keep an eye on this thread.

cheers
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Gus
              Administrator
              • Mar 2008
              • Traralgon. Vic

After our trip to Rockhampton I've removed the extra heavy duty coils from front & replaced with the Heavy Duty.. Found that they were just to harsh over pot holes...Great improvement far better ride.. If my bar was steel & wire rope on the winch the extra heavy duty may well have been fine..

Otherwise towing the off Road van was great sat beautifully behind the Paj:

Gus

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Gus
                Administrator
                • Mar 2008
                • Traralgon. Vic

Just a quick update as I noticed Doowrag's thread in Gen 4-3 HERE asking the question..

1st up I apologise to all for not updating my reviews, any of them, for far to long. Family comes 1st & that's taken a lot of time lately with both Sue"s 7 my parents, uncle's & aunts.

All back on deck now so will try & catch up

Very impressed still with the Lovell's can't fault them at all

Gus.

Vehicle Sold

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X