• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kiwi1973
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • New Zealand

High idle on starting

Just a couple of times recently my Shogun has gone to a rather fast idle upon starting. By fast I mean around 1600 rpm for about 5 seconds before resuming a normal idle speed. Seems random. Anyone had this? Any ideas?
    Last edited by kiwi1973; 27-06-19, 04:04 PM.
    2007 Shogun 3.2DID. UK Diamond Spec. Harrop Eaton front E-locker. MCC Bullbar. Runva 11XP winch. 17" Dotz rims with 32" STT Pro. Koni HT RAID 90 series with +2" EHD Lovells springs. ASFIR protection plates for engine & transmission. DIY steel rocksliders. LRA 81 litre auxiliary fuel tank. Waeco CFX-40. Home made drawers & fridge slide. Dual power - 120a/h AGM with CTEK DC-DC. LED lighting. 43 litre water tank with two electric pumps - one for tap (via filter) & one via heat exchanger.
  • batteoui
    • Apr 2015
    • Casablanca Morocco

Might be doing a Small injection quantity learning. It does it automatically after a certain mileage.
    BTW, found a russian Android APP to let you trigger the SIQL. You can grab it here : http://pajero4x4.ru/bbs/phpBB2/viewt...14272#p2714272

I've used it multiple times now on my 4M41 2007 pajero. It works very well !

Oh, BTW, I'm following you on 5GoOverland. Just loving your adventure and wish you Good luck
    Last edited by batteoui; 27-06-19, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• craka
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2009
      • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by kiwi1973 View Post
      Just a couple of times recently my Shogun has gone to a rather fast idle upon starting. By fast I mean around 1600 rpm for about 5 seconds before resuming a normal idle speed. Seems random. Anyone had this? Any ideas?
      If I recall correctly I had that happen once after doing a fuel filter change, and from memory to correct it all I did was disconnect the battery for a little while and then reconnect it.
      NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Silverfox
        • Apr 2010
        • Adelaide

I had this issue recently. There were also times I had the motor run on a bit when shutting down.

My high revs on start up was also a bit random, sometimes it started normally other times revving high. The high revving only occurred first thing in the morning.

As it turns out my issue was EGR related. Since changing my EGR I havent had the high revving.
        A few weeks after the new EGR I also had the manifold cleaned and Ryco catch can installed.

Here is the thread

Comment

• Kingbrown
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2012
          • Port Augusta - SA

Originally posted by batteoui View Post
          Might be doing a Small injection quantity learning. It does it automatically after a certain mileage.
          BTW, found a russian Android APP to let you trigger the SIQL. You can grab it here : http://pajero4x4.ru/bbs/phpBB2/viewt...14272#p2714272

I've used it multiple times now on my 4M41 2007 pajero. It works very well !

Oh, BTW, I'm following you on 5GoOverland. Just loving your adventure and wish you Good luck

With reference to the Russian website and the program that is purported to enable an SQL without having to use MUT.
          Has any local person tried this after extracting the program from the compressed .rar file ?

I don't read Russian so the discussion on that website is all gobbledygook to me.
          2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
            With reference to the Russian website and the program that is purported to enable an SQL without having to use MUT.
            Has any local person tried this after extracting the program from the compressed .rar file ?

I don't read Russian so the discussion on that website is all gobbledygook to me.
            One of the extracted files is a .APK file - this is the Android installation file.

You'll probably need to transfer it onto your Android device using your PC, then google some instructions for installing APK files.

Broadly, you'll probably need to make sure your device is set to install files from unknown sources, then use some form of file viewer / manager on the device to find the .APK file, and run it. From there, you're on your own.
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• batteoui
              • Apr 2015
              • Casablanca Morocco

I struggled a bit with the app being in Russian so I translated what the app was showing using Google translate and an online russian keyboard.

I've written a small guide how to use the app :

First connect the app with the ELM327 Bluetooth adapter
              You have 4 main sections from Left to right as follows :
              1. SQL Learning
              2. Small Qt Pressure
              3. Read error codes
              4. Erase error codes

Before you'll be able to go to the SQL Learning section 1 you need first to read error codes and then erase these errors if any, so just click on section 3, then on Section 4 and you should now see the section 1 available.

Once on Section 1, you have a Green button to start the SQL learning and a Red one to quit that screen, just click on the green button and wait for the SQL learning to proceed. It will show as "In progress" and you should hear the engine changing in Revs, it goes from 740 to 1175 rpm. It should take approx 3 min to complete the SQL. Once complete, you should see a message saying "Complete", just close the app once this is done.

There is also on Section 2 a fuel leak test. Just go this section and press the green button, engine should rev to about 2000rpm during 5 seconds and should detect any fuel leaking.

I've done this already with my 2007 NS diesel 4M41 Pajero and it works like a charm.

Regards
              Last edited by batteoui; 05-07-19, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• Kingbrown
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2012
                • Port Augusta - SA

Thanks for the clarifications NJ_SWB and Batteoui.
                I might give this a try.
                2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Sonic
                  • Apr 2015
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by kiwi1973 View Post
                  Hi mate

ive got exactly the same issue 🙄 ive changed the egr but same issues 😡

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X