• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattnkylie
    • Sep 2012
    • moruya

new uhf installed today

it is the oricom micro 5w uhf300

the paj is still pretty dirty just got back from camping on thursday and installed in this morning
  • rancox265
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2012
    • Hervey Bay QLD

It's an Oricom..... my prayers for you. I've had nothing but bad luck with my Oricom from day 1. Sent in twice for warranty repair, and the 3rd one started playing up again - I finally threw it out, and I now have my old trusty Uniden installed. 20 years old and still does the job.
    NH Pajero 1991 3.0L
    CLICK HERE - Pajero 4X4 Club Australia Facebook - CLICK HERE

Hervey Bay QLD

Comment

• t-rex1995
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2011
      • Imbil Via Gympie QLD

i got the same unit & ariel i put mine in the compartment just below the stereo and the mic just above the a/c switch i put a extension speaker just above my right ear above the seat belt top mount bolt so i can hear alot better just got back from the blue mountains down south come very handy with the father in law he followed me gave him a little h/h oricom (cheaper then a phone call) and spoke to heaps of truckies and other people great unit i must admit and love the flip feature and different colour options.
      Formely 93 NH Pajero LWB, 3.0L V6 NOW OWN 2004 GU Patrol Wagon T/Diesel 3LT
      WITH 4'' TOUGHDOG SUSPENSION, FULL 3'' TBE, EGT & BOOST GAUGE 33'' MUDDIES, 21'' LED LIGHT BAR

Comment

• Grungle1
        • Jun 2011
        • Warwick

Yea I am probably going to use the pocket under the stereo for mine as well, only my smokes go there now any way , will mount the mic in the same spot as the pic, seems out of the way and still within easy reach. Mate how did you wire it? Straight to battery or off the accessories?
        2007 NS Exceed 2" lift (Oztec/Kings), MCC Falcon bar, Kings 9" Spotties, Uniden UH6060 UHF

Comment

• mattnkylie
          • Sep 2012
          • moruya

Originally posted by Grungle1 View Post
          Yea I am probably going to use the pocket under the stereo for mine as well, only my smokes go there now any way , will mount the mic in the same spot as the pic, seems out of the way and still within easy reach. Mate how did you wire it? Straight to battery or off the accessories?

i wired in to the stereo (with inline fuse) and earthed it out to the body, pretty good mates with the local auto elec down here he said i wont have a problem

Comment

• mattnkylie
            • Sep 2012
            • moruya

Originally posted by t-rex1995 View Post
            i got the same unit & ariel i put mine in the compartment just below the stereo and the mic just above the a/c switch i put a extension speaker just above my right ear above the seat belt top mount bolt so i can hear alot better just got back from the blue mountains down south come very handy with the father in law he followed me gave him a little h/h oricom (cheaper then a phone call) and spoke to heaps of truckies and other people great unit i must admit and love the flip feature and different colour options.

yea she didnt want it in any pockets because (it takes up room) lol so she is happy there and i even showed her how to change the color so she is happy now

Comment

• LordMayhem
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2012
              • Brissy QLD

make a roof console and fit it in there then both are happy
              94 NJ 3L Auto Stocker

Comment

• t-rex1995
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2011
                • Imbil Via Gympie QLD

i wired mine direct to the battery so it works still, if keys are out & also if bogged the ignition is off.
                Formely 93 NH Pajero LWB, 3.0L V6 NOW OWN 2004 GU Patrol Wagon T/Diesel 3LT
                WITH 4'' TOUGHDOG SUSPENSION, FULL 3'' TBE, EGT & BOOST GAUGE 33'' MUDDIES, 21'' LED LIGHT BAR

Comment

• ARGS
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2012
                  • Brisbane

Originally posted by t-rex1995 View Post
                  i wired mine direct to the battery so it works still, if keys are out & also if bogged the ignition is off.
                  same, found this handy if you're first to camp and are expecting others, can leave it on but the truck off
                  1995 GLS 3.5, optioned to the shhizam with just couple of mods

Comment

• LordMayhem
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2012
                    • Brissy QLD

mine is wired through a fuse box that is fed from the second battery. so i could get away with never turning mine off if i wanted to
                    94 NJ 3L Auto Stocker

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X