• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbomba
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Homebase Sydney

How many vehicles do you own??

I was prompted to ask this after deciding to get rid of the vehicles we hardly use. Rego alone is costing a fortune. 5 vehicles and 2 trailers between two of us is overkill. Two would be lucky if they were driven once every 2 months.
    So, How many registered vehicles do you own.
    Daryl
    One
    12.28%
    Two
    33.33%
    Three
    15.79%
    Four
    8.77%
    Five
    7.02%
    Six
    3.51%
    More than Six
    7.02%
    None
    0.00%
    Registered
    12.28%
    Formerlya NH and a NL GLS, both raised, Dual Batteries,
    Free wheeling hubs, Bullbars, Snorkels etc.

Recently picked up another NL that's knocked about. Might be a new project.
  • schnitzel
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2009
    • Bendigo

Originally posted by dbomba View Post
    I was prompted to ask this after deciding to get rid of the vehicles we hardly use. Rego alone is costing a fortune. 5 vehicles and 2 trailers between two of us is overkill. Two would be lucky if they were driven once every 2 months.
    Daryl
    registered i have 5 cars and a bike, 3 registered trailers, a campervan plus a company car, on top of these i have a motorhome ( bus under construction) a tractor and 15 other cars most of which are either being stripped to repair the ones being rebuilt or waiting for me to get time to take them to the scrappy. at the end of the day i will have 15 vehicles and 4 trailers able to be registered or are registered. i now i have way too many but need to have something to drive me insane. 9 p.s. i allso live on a 20 acre block so have plenty of space.

On top of the above i also have a daihatsu f20 i am repairing for the scouts and 2 delica's i am storing for people on the delica site who are currently overseas, and above all i have a very understanding wife :-)
    Current vehicles: 2017 Toyota Hilux, 2022 Hyundai Kona,2022 VW T-Cross1995 3.5l nj Pajero , 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 , 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495,chamberlain g6 plus a few other odds and ends

Comment

• BrisVegas
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2009
      • Townsville, QLD

and as a contrast to the above.. I have just one vehicle!

We've always had two cars, but thought we'd try and downsize our living costs a bit. We moved close to town recently and took a chance to sell the 2nd car. I ride my pushbike to work or catch the bus if the weather is crook. My kids don't play Saturday sport yet...

We chose to sell my wife's 1yo Ford Fiesta as it was worth more and an easier sale. It was a tough decision, as she was very attached to it and it was a great little car. It's a risk keeping a 10 yo Pajero with 270,000km as our primary car, but it's the most versatile.

When we get back on our feet we'll most likely get a second car again. I'd like something like an AU2 or AU3 Falcon. Dirt cheap and run forever. It's tough making do with one car after you've had the convenience of two for so long.
      'Shrek' 2002 NM GLS 2.8TD manual. ARB bar. HD King springs & Bilsteins. Bridgestone D674LT. Milford Cargo Barrier. Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards. Exedy solid flywheel. 25mm core radiator. 2.5" exhaust. Airtec snorkel. Engel MT45, Projecta 150A isolator, 120A AGM battery in 3rd row. ARB bar, Fyrlyts & 30" LED lightbar Pics + 2015 Isuzu MU-X with all the fruit.

Comment

• sharkcaver
        "2000"+ Valued Contributor
        • May 2009
        • Perth

2 cars, 1 bike, 2 trailers and 1 trailer boat. I'll vote it as two.
        Yep, and rego kills

Shane.
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Chenko
          • Mar 2010
          • Newcastle Area

I have one and the wife has one. I find rego and insurance bad enough for two vehicles.
          Daniel
          NS 3.8. Auto and getting ready for the mods.

Comment

• xrrob
            • May 2011
            • Abermain NSW

I have 4 cars, 2 road bikes, 1 trailer, 1 camper All the kids have grown up and left home so it is only me and the mrs
            3.0L 97NK SWB. 2"Body Lift,Front & Rear ARB Air Lockers, ARB Air Compressor,Front & Rear Diff Breathers Under Bonnet, Aisin Free Wheeling Hubs, ARB Steel Winch Bar & 9500lbs Winch, Tyres 265/75 R16 BF Goodrich Mud T/A KM2, UHF, 2" Suspension lift,Koni Adjustable Shocks,Lovells Coil Springs,New Torsion Bars,PolyAir Bags, Tinted Windows, Snorkel,Rock Sliders with Side Rails, Piranha DBE180S Dual BatterySystem,Drifta Rear Draws Installed, 27 Watt LED Rear Light, LightForce Genesis,32"LED Light Bar.

Comment

• nj swb
              Resident
              • Jun 2007
              • Adelaide

I have three cars
              • daily driver is a 1980s vintage Japanese wagon. Not particularly fuel efficient, but I can still do most of the diagnostics myself, and most of the repairs if I'm not too lazy.
              • weekend car no.1 is small & fast, for enjoying the roads in the Adelaide Hills - but it's too bloody expensive more me to use as a dd
              • weekend car no.2 is small & slow, for enjoying the hills (and the plains) farther from home

Of course, either weekend car can be called into duty when the dd fails to proceed. If I was smart, I'd rationalise my collection a little. But I have a genetic defect that means I struggle to dispose of anything, so selling a car seems to be beyond my capability.
              NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Alex86
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Here and there

Just the one...but hoping to add a boat in the near future... that would be tops!
                '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
                Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• haggis
                  • Jun 2007

I have....
                  3 registered vehicles vehicles. 1 rally car under construction, 1 race car, 1 care awaiting restoration to show condition, 1 spare for parts, 2 Trailers....
                  Cheers
                  haggis
                  92 NH GLS Pirahna dual battery system, Lightforce Blitz240 hid spots, cibie spreads, Bilstiens each corner, Lovells rear coils, custom drawer system, ARB roofrack, side awning, ARB twin jerry holder, MSA drop slide, GME TX3440, custom wiring harness for second battery.

Comment

• steve67
                    • May 2011
                    • Geraldton WA.

Got to 2 cars,1 caravan,1 trailer,and a quad bike.
                    2001 nm pajero,cargo barrier,roof racks,alloys,reverse camera ,snorkel,24 inch led light bar,driving lights,window tint,bridgestone duellers AT LT,bonnet protector, weather shields,bluetooth hands free car kit, roof basket,phillips +80 globes,coil spacers,led interior lighting,electric brake controller.Stainless extractors,tom tom gps, spare wheel bag, multi media head unit,40 litre Engel,spare wheel lift kit,engel solar mat,dual batteries awning with led strip lighting.xrox front bar

Comment

• Silver Streak
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2010
                      • Adelaide. South Aust.

Originally posted by dbomba View Post
                      Daryl
                      I've got my Paj and we've got a 21yo TP Magna sitting in the drive. My wife doesn't drive anymore, for health reasons, but I keep it registered in the hope I might sell it one day....yeah sure!!
                      Went for a drive in the Magna today, to give it a run, and still drives well, and only has 115k on the clock. Only problem was, I had to jump start it as the battery was a little low. Should be ok for another month or so now....lol.
                      I'm finding it harder and harder to bring myself to drive it, as I love driving the Pajero so much.
                      Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
                      Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• awbeattie381
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2011
                        • Inner West, Sydney

I have a 1973 Mini and 1989 Paj.

The Mini sits in my oldies garage and they drive it a couple of times a week. I hardly drive it.

The Paj sits on the road outside our house because we have no driveway/garage. It normally sits under a car cover until somebody decided they needed the car cover more than me and pinched it. Its only been driven a few times this year.

My mrs has a company car with free fuel hence the lack of use of the other 2 cars. On top of that we are heading to canada for 6 weeks in a weeks time and are getting married at the end of the year. We are too broke to use anything other than the work car!!!!!

One day we will have a house where the Paj and Mini can sit side by side in MY OWN garage. Oh, we also need room for a vintage caravan and boat (i wish)
                        Andrew
                        1989 NG Superwagon V6
                        2017 Subaru Forester Diesel
                        1974 Viscount Valiant Caravan

Comment

• gregory0011
                          • Jun 2011
                          • Brisbane

I have in excess,
                          1 x 2003 NP pajero exceed,that tows the 2006 outback Jayco Expanda
                          1 x 2010 Transit Dual cab purchased at christmas
                          1 x 2008 Holden Statesman purchased at easter
                          1 x 2004 Holden Statesman purchased 6 years ago

All have their own carport / shed except the transit,but it's getting one soon
                          Auto 2013 NW EXCEED Turbo Diesel
                          Mainly used for towing Off-road Jayco Expanda,Off-road camper trailer,
                          Shopping trolly and school bus.

Comment

• smokem
                            • Mar 2011
                            • sa

we got the nm paj,
                            my big block torana,
                            the vx ss,
                            kia van(sadly),
                            campertrailer,
                            6x4 trailer ,
                            and my dirt bike.

shouldve kept the kia part quiet lol!!
                            want better fuel consumption?? stay home

Comment

• Old Paj
                              Pajero Club Life Member
                              • Jun 2007
                              • Heathcote, Vic

How many vehicles

1 X NS LWB
                              1 X NP LWB
                              1 X '89 Camry
                              1 X BMW R1200GSA Bike
                              NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X