• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1533rl
    • Jun 2007
    • armadale wa

Rear Door LED light

On a recent trip I used a long led strip light, made sans Sharkcaver style, with magnets on the back door. As I only have aux power to the LHS of vehicle I had to use a long lead to get power over to the door, and LED had to be removed when closing the door. Decided to fit a permanent LED on the door to light up the area at rear of the vehicle.
    Two sections to this, first is on removing the rear door panels and the second part is about getting the power wire to the required location. As the light is mainly used for cooking (very short time) close to the vehicle I sourced power form the overhead interior light as it has "permanent" power - albeit from the starter battery. If and when I get around to putting aux power down the RHS I will resource the power.
    I know the "sparkies" will shudder but it started as a simple project to fill a few hours and I did not want to drive out just to get some more electrical wire - used what I had in the spares box hence why the wiring changes colour !!!!
    Hopefully it will be of use to someone !!!
    Cheers
    Peter

PART 1 - removing rear door panels (NP GLX)
    Remove top brake light cover(2 screws) Top section then just pulls off. About 8 pull-outs. Take care not to bend the thin top section.
    Pics show where you have to remove screws/bolts and then you can pull the bottom cover off
    Attached Files
  • 1533rl
    • Jun 2007
    • armadale wa

Rear Door LED light _ Part 2

Pics for Part 2 of Rear Door LED Light
    Attached Files

Comment

• 1533rl
      • Jun 2007
      • armadale wa

Rear Door LED light - Part 2 more of

More pics for Rear Door LED Light
      Attached Files

Comment

• sharkcaver
        "2000"+ Valued Contributor
        • May 2009
        • Perth

Nice work
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• grhyso
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2012
          • Perth

I'll have to add that to my list of things to do. Great photos too!
          2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• stevoid
            • Apr 2013
            • Perth

Good stuff mate!

I've got some spare LED strip lighting, I should do this

Comment

• Nik
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2010
              • Perth

Great thread and instructions I've been keen to do something with LEDs at the back of mine for a while but haven't worked out what to do.
              2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.

Comment

• paj whisperer
                • May 2013
                • Ellenbrook

I have been thinking of doing something to the back door for more lighting when parked up on the beach. Great idea, thanks for the photos, Will be doing this in the next few weeks.
                Adrian
                2010 NT GLS - Maxxis 980 Bravo A/T 275/65R17, ARB Bullbar&Tow Bar Pack, Rhino Rack Platform, Sunseeker II Awning, Milford Cargo Barrier, Sandgrabba Mats,TJM Airtec Snorkel, Dr Air Pro 150L/m, Oricom UHF280, 1100mm TREDS, SPVi EGR Module Mk3.1 Plug and Play, Scorpion Quad Diff Breather Kit, Bushskinz Under Body Protection, Runva 11XP, Red Arc Dual battery Setup, Donaldson Fuel Filter, Rear Cargo Drawers Custom made,Batman Lights
                Next Project: Rear Gull Wing windows

Comment

• johndavis125262
                  • Apr 2013
                  • brisbane

I did this on my challenger
                  Attached Files

Comment

• stevemc181
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2012
                    • Thornlie/Perth

Great Job, another on the list of things to do
                    2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X