View Single Post
Old 07-12-18
Valued Member

This trailer doesn't strictly need towing mirrors but I still wasn't real happy with the rear vision (haven't done a lot of towing and like to be able to see directly behind). So I put an always on camera in. This is a Jaycar special camera. I've picked up power for it from the kitchen water pump (kitchen is attached to the back of the tailgate).

To be honest it's not the greatest but it gets the job done. Would be fine as a reversing camera but if I had my time again for the always on purpose I would have gone with something a little more custom based on a 5Ghz drone camera to get a better picture. Allows for some amazing maneuvers offroad without a spotter though.

I attached the display to my RAM tablet holder with a RAM X-Grip. Works quite well.

While I was at it I also moved my TPMS to the rear view mirror since I can't really see out of it anyway (got a new TPMS a while back, using the Masten system from Digoptions - very happy with it).
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.