View Single Post
Old 07-12-18
Valued Member

I ordered the trailer with a McHitch 3.5T Autocoupler Hitch system. Went with this over the D035 as I had some prior experience with this as my family uses them across a couple different trailers so made sense for compatibility with them.

They are great to use though can be a little fiddly if trying to hitch up on slopes (I reckon the D035 would be easier here). Prior to a second and third stage of suspension lift (see future post) I had some issues with it in certain circumstances as the car was too low and the factory MDC jockey wheel wouldn't go low enough. Totally fine in a caravan park or flat campsite setting though.

If you aren't familiar with them to hitch up you just match the heights of the tongue and the hitch, take the pin out and drive back until they mesh together. Very easy to do one person with a reverse camera with almost zero effort.

Offroad they are brilliant, much more articulation than a standard ball or polyblock/treg style and imo more secure (I only know of one failure). I can get the car virtually 90 degrees to the trailer due to the nice long drawbar, has been brilliant for turning around on tight high country tracks.

In this picture it's a bit hard to tell coz it's so grotty but the turning angle is only limited by the chain mount point, hitch could still turn further.

Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.