View Single Post
Old 16-02-18
Resident

At long last, some small progress. Files have been sent off to produce a batch of the metalwork, and I've handed over a spare plastic cover for a supplier to try matching the profile for some covers. He's fairly positive about the prospects, so fingers crossed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by baida88 View Post
also interested. i was looking at doing something like this but instead of a bag i was looking at making a maxxtrax holder and quick release type thing
Yep. I've also been considering a maxxtrax mount on the rear door, but I already have enough ideas I'm not working on. There is nothing to stop anybody using the space created by this kit for any other purpose.

Have you worked out how much space you need for some maxxtrax? My original 125mm spacer is very marginal for a rubbish bag, and would be worse for anybody with a tyre lift kit (depending on kit, uses about 20mm of the 125).

Presuming the worst case of 20mm lift kit and 170mm extension frame, that leaves 150mm of space. Would that be enough to slide in some maxxtrax? Two or four?

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box