• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pajaru
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2013
    • Perth

I believe that all car manufactures by law have to supply parts for a period of 10 years. So if the 2020 Pajero is the last, parts will still be available till 2030.

I honestly don’t know what the big fuss is about digital speedo and I’m a tech head. And I don’t understand why some people reckon you can’t read the analog speed at a glance.
    I would presume that you have good eyesight. I wear glasses, but I can easily read the speedo of my Subaru 2011 outback if I take my glasses off but cant read the speedo of my Paj.
    Building Now: MY20 GLX Pajero.

Retired: MY14 GLX-R Pajero
    To go where very few have gone before https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ilies/wink.png

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel

Comment

• Jasonmc73
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2019
      • Brisbane

[QUOTE=Pajaru;612599]I believe that all car manufactures by law have to supply parts for a period of 10 years. So if the 2020 Pajero is the last, parts will still be available till 2030.

Yes & there lies the problem worth Zero at tent years & at 20 years just don't break down is my fears, due to parts availabilty?
      Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
        Valued Member
        • May 2017
        • Sydney

2020 Pajero NX

[QUOTE=Jasonmc73;612612]
        Originally posted by Pajaru View Post
        Yes & there lies the problem worth Zero at tent years & at 20 years just don't break down is my fears, due to parts availabilty?
        In 10 years half of us will be in a new or used electric, hydrogen cell or at least hybrid 4wd, and in 20 we’ll all be. And the cost of owning a diesel 4wd may be through the roof by then. But then again they predicted flying cars by 2000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Pixie_au
          • Apr 2019
          • Queensland

In many cases the after market industry fill the gap, providing there is enough demand to do so.

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

[QUOTE=HeavyPizzaz;612615]
            Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post

In 10 years half of us will be in a new or used electric, hydrogen cell or at least hybrid 4wd, and in 20 we’ll all be. And the cost of owning a diesel 4wd may be through the roof by then. But then again they predicted flying cars by 2000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon your right. No way will I be looking at a new car for long term now. My NW will last anoth 10 years easily. 15,000klms a year, with 60,000klm on it now. I expect at least 250,000klms trouble free motoring. World is slowly turning into a shithole and fuel sourcing could be a huge issue for us...Diesel and petrol will get dearer as more electric/fuel cell vehicles appear and in 10 years our modern cars will be the old holdens/fords of the world. Spare parts will be relatively easy to source, the same as they are now....if there is a dollar in it-someone will supply!

Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Lazarus
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2008
              • Melbourne, Western suburbs

No digital speedo!?
              I guess it was to much to ask. Useless bastards
              NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, auto, BushSkinz bashplates, Pedders TrakRyder foam cell 2' lift, Falken AT3W LT, Rhino Pioneer 6 platform, flip key, Redarc BCDC40 and 135 amps lithium battery, Torque Pro OBD, EVC Throttle controller, ARB Compressor, LED lights (internal and outside), ARB Frontier 128L long range fuel tank, GME XRS 370c.

Comment

• aussieintas
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2013
                • Sorell, Tasmania

Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
                No digital speedo!?
                I guess it was to much to ask. Useless bastards
                As we all know the Pajero is coming to the end of its life, so new features like digital speedo etc aren't going to be added unfortunately. Yeah they'll through some extra goodies on them that used to exist as options but that'll be as far as it goes.
                2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2019
                  • Brisbane

[QUOTE=Dicko1;612619]
                  Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post

I reckon your right. No way will I be looking at a new car for long term now. My NW will last anoth 10 years easily. 15,000klms a year, with 60,000klm on it now. I expect at least 250,000klms trouble free motoring. World is slowly turning into a shithole and fuel sourcing could be a huge issue for us...Diesel and petrol will get dearer as more electric/fuel cell vehicles appear and in 10 years our modern cars will be the old holdens/fords of the world. Spare parts will be relatively easy to source, the same as they are now....if there is a dollar in it-someone will supply!

Yes it is A quandary alright ? Not sure how the remoteness of the counrty will lend itself to Solar bla bla bla, hydrogen fuel cells solar one day, but not yet.
                  Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• nj swb
                    Resident
                    • Jun 2007
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post
                    Yes it is A quandary alright ? Not sure how the remoteness of the counrty will lend itself to Solar bla bla bla, hydrogen fuel cells solar one day, but not yet.
                    Yes, a quandary.

I'm hoping my NT will last me for a few years yet, then I'll have another look - I expect the market will be radically different by then.

If things haven't markedly improved, a 2016 NX will be on the list (last of the non-DPF models), or I'll be hoping something in the LandCruiser range is within my budget.

I am optimistic that some form of hybrid technology will prove viable for what I want to do - small petrol or diesel engine to both drive & charge batteries, with electric motors to provide the peak torque required off-road (and probably covered in solar-generating panels - I'm not that attached to pretty paint, and anybody who has seen my NT up close can attest. )

Personally, I'd love the opportunity to try crossing the Simpson in a hybrid, but not a hybrid Outlander. Hybrid Pajero? I'm in! Hybrid Pajero Sport? Well, I'd definitely love to be involved, if OJ will let me join his team.

So, as things currently sit, I want my NT to last for a while yet. But I really hope my next 4wd is something that is still on the drawing boards.
                    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• old Jack
                      Regular
                      • Jun 2011
                      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                      Personally, I'd love the opportunity to try crossing the Simpson in a hybrid, but not a hybrid Outlander. Hybrid Pajero? I'm in! Hybrid Pajero Sport? Well, I'd definitely love to be involved, if OJ will let me join his team.

So, as things currently sit, I want my NT to last for a while yet. But I really hope my next 4wd is something that is still on the drawing boards.
                      Rest assured NJ if I ever get my hands on a hybrid Pajero/Pajero Sport for testing, you will be one of the first people I tell. MMC and MMAL could do a lot worse than give us a Hybrid for testing in real world off road situations, all it would need is decent off road tyre's and a fuel card, in return they would get honest and technical feedback.

OJ.
                      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• MyExceed
                        • May 2014
                        • Hobart, Tas

Appears pricing has been slightly changed. I jumped on MMA website yesterday and did the old 'build' your MY20 Pajero.

The only accessory I added was a towbar, God knows why they don't just fit them all with one at the factory as Ford does with the Ranger.

The GLX came in at $51,784 and the GLS at $58,784 - both drive away prices.

I reckon a GLX at that price (before haggling) is bloody good value in the current market. My NS is rightly nervous in the garage
                        Mark

NS Exceed V6, xrox bar with domin8r 12000lb winch, The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift, 265/70/17 BFG A/T, LED spots, LED fog lights, 40" roof mounted lightbar, OCAM alloy rack, dual batteries, Boos bash plates, diff breathers, Garmin 67LMT GPS, Tyredog TPMS, Uniden UHF, Engel MR40f in rear drawer system, external phone antennae, cargo barrier, dual side awnings, RTT, shovel holder, spare wheel lift

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2019
                          • Brisbane

Originally posted by MyExceed View Post
                          Appears pricing has been slightly changed. I jumped on MMA website yesterday and did the old 'build' your MY20 Pajero.

The only accessory I added was a towbar, God knows why they don't just fit them all with one at the factory as Ford does with the Ranger.

I reckon a GLX at that price (before haggling) is bloody good value in the current market. My NS is rightly nervous in the garage
                          I agree! I started my journey looking at Prados, currently driving A Triton being A machinery salesman, maths doesnt stack up against Pajero whom has more engine same tranny & long proven history. Far better value & i'm almost convinced its a better car! 2018's are selling on Carsales mid $40's & thats the advertised prices

Comment

• Ozzz
                            • May 2019
                            • Brisbane

Long time reader, first time poster. I was looking at Pajero for a long time and finally persuaded my wife to go with me for a test drive 3 weeks ago at the cost of testing prado at the same time ( she likes prado). On the day, I got a pretty good deal at 2019 exceed at 55K (when my wife pointed to the prado next door). I thought giving my wife few weeks time, I should be able to park that beautiful exceed into my garage (thousand words not mentioned here how I have described new life with pajero). last week I heard no more Exceed coming and visited the dealer again. NX was sold to a fellow including nudge bar and tower bar as his retirement gift! And, dealer out of stock of Exceed! I took this as a great opportunity to nail down a GLS ( I do miss the leather seat tho). I will post soon when my Gls arrives.
                            My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• MyExceed
                              • May 2014
                              • Hobart, Tas

Originally posted by Ozzz View Post
                              Long time reader, first time poster. I was looking at Pajero for a long time and finally persuaded my wife to go with me for a test drive 3 weeks ago at the cost of testing prado at the same time ( she likes prado). On the day, I got a pretty good deal at 2019 exceed at 55K (when my wife pointed to the prado next door). I thought giving my wife few weeks time, I should be able to park that beautiful exceed into my garage (thousand words not mentioned here how I have described new life with pajero). last week I heard no more Exceed coming and visited the dealer again. NX was sold to a fellow including nudge bar and tower bar as his retirement gift! And, dealer out of stock of Exceed! I took this as a great opportunity to nail down a GLS ( I do miss the leather seat tho). I will post soon when my Gls arrives.
                              Did you get a 2020 GLS, I love my music and the Fosgate system in my NS Exceed is awesome, it'd probably sway me into a 2020 GLS if a 2019 Exceed wasn't available
                              Mark

NS Exceed V6, xrox bar with domin8r 12000lb winch, The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift, 265/70/17 BFG A/T, LED spots, LED fog lights, 40" roof mounted lightbar, OCAM alloy rack, dual batteries, Boos bash plates, diff breathers, Garmin 67LMT GPS, Tyredog TPMS, Uniden UHF, Engel MR40f in rear drawer system, external phone antennae, cargo barrier, dual side awnings, RTT, shovel holder, spare wheel lift

Comment

• Ozzz
                                • May 2019
                                • Brisbane

Did you get a 2020 GLS, I love my music and the Fosgate system in my NS Exceed is awesome, it'd probably sway me into a 2020 GLS if a 2019 Exceed wasn't available
                                Bingo. I thought i signed the contract for a 2019 GLS same as dealer thought. I was a bit confused about the VIN on the contract since it looked like a 2020. On the delivery day, a 2020 GLS with 12 speaker showed on. lol.
                                My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X