Below Nav Bar

Collapse

NS-NT "Hot Fix Released" (Please Keep us informed of your fix too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frog
    Banned
    • Apr 2014
    • sydneyhills.com.au

Originally posted by Dev74 View Post
    Well I just got off the phone with the dealership and they're saying I have buckleys chance of Mitsubishi helping me out. They said the smash repairer isn't coming to the party so I'll have to go and pay for the repairs myself. The smash repairer has washed his hands of the issue and says he won't be helping out. I guess Fair Trading will have to be notified...

A clear case to name and shame

Comment

• Gus
      Administrator
      • Mar 2008
      • Traralgon. Vic

Originally posted by frog View Post
      A clear case to name and shame
      May be but against forum rules..

Suggest you take it higher very surprised if Mitsubishi don't back you as they paid for the fix & that fix has failed 😠
      VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
      NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Dev74
        • May 2012
        • Soldiers Point

I don't want to name and shame as ultimately it is up to MMA to fix this problem. I have lodged a complaint with the Office of Fair Trading and will keep you updated on the outcome. This could be useful to anyone else that may be going through the same issue as myself.

Cheers,
        Dan

Comment

• Dev74
          • May 2012
          • Soldiers Point

Office of Fair Trading

If anyone is having trouble dealing with Mitsubishi regarding rust reappearing after the hotline fix, get straight on to the Office of Fair Trading in your state. After battling with Mitsubishi for nearly 6 months to get the rust fixed, I had my issues sorted within 1 week of contacting the Office of Fair Trading. I have now had 2 dealerships get in touch with me to fix the rust and the car goes in for repairs on 14th July. And before anyone asks, all they are doing is scrubbing out the rust and repainting it again. The dealership has guaranteed me in writing that they will fix it again at no charge if it reappears.
          Cheers,
          Dan

Comment

• martialllaw
            • Jan 2012
            • Narangba

After 4 months of back and forwards between myself and the Dealer (post "FIX" i.e. clean off rust stains and seal gap in frame folds) I finaly had MMA agree to replace all 4 doors.
            Just over two weeks they had the vehicle for (Dealer called me in to drop of the Paj but had never bothered to book it in with the paint shop, the car staid untouched for the first week at the paint shop)

The attached pictures show the condition the car was returned to me in:
            • Both front doors hove an area on the leading edge of very thin paint with no clear coat.
            • The front passenger door has a number of rub marks (looks like these would have occurred during the reassembly of the doors)
            • The rear passenger door has a rub mark aprox 10cm long. (looks like these would have occurred during the reassembly of the doors)
            • Doors had been refitted with wet/soft paint on the inside of the window frames. this then squashed and distorted against the rubber seals.
            • The rear driver’s side door has scratches on the rear section from when the trimming has been refitted.
            • Seats had been trodden all over with dirty shoos.
            • Door trims had not been cleaned after fitment.

I took the car back to have these issues rectified. twice since they have contacted me to say that the car was ready fir pickup and twice I refused as not all issues where addressed. They have promised that it will finally be ready this Wednesday [EDIT: missed the Wednesday got it back Thursday] (fingers crossed).

The only saving grace has been that I have had a loan car, but the total time without my Paj is now over 4 weeks.

Love that car but don't love the service!

{EDIT}
            I picked up my PAJ on Thursday however on the weekend a couple of additional issues where found. These where not found earlier due to the lack of obvious appearance and that the vehicle had only been used by myself and no passengers.
            · Passenger Front door inside handle trim fell out when closing the door, on inspection the retaining lugs/clips where found to be broken ( this then prompted a further look at the vehicle)
            · Passenger Rear door inside handle trim is incorrectly fitted (sits forward of where it should be and sits proud at the bottom).
            · The rubber stops are missing from 3 of the 4 the doors
            Attached Files
            Last edited by martialllaw; 14-08-14, 12:33 PM. Reason: Job still not fully compleated :(
            2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

• Freddy
              • Sep 2014
              • Hamilton

Thanks Gus for your Input, to this discussion, it's been invaluable to me, as I've also got a rust problem on the same left rear door. I spoke to the dealership that there was an obvious problem, and told them of the Fix number. They were grateful as they said it would make it easier for them to approach Mitsubishi. They have taken pics, and with the fix No in hand I'm sure they will have a solution for me. Without this thread, I would not have known of the extent of the problem.

The dealership had not heard of it before!! 2010 VRX., thank once again Gus for continuing the thread, you guys are fantastic

Comment

• jc12456
                • Oct 2007

Hi guys - I have been told my car needs to go into smash repairer for a week so they can remove paint and apply rust prevention preservative - any thoughts on whether this will be a complete waste of time. Dealer telling me this is all Mitsubishi will cover.

My concerns is if it does not work I will be back to arguing with repairer and Mitsubishi about the fix. My car is coming up 4 years and 6 months old so my warranty has only 6 months to run - so last thing I want is the problem to show back up in 12 months.

Appreciate others thoughts.

Comment

• martialllaw
                  • Jan 2012
                  • Narangba

For my mind any "repair" if rust is already visible will be a complete waste of time.

I would strongly recommend pushing the issue to have whatever doors are affected replaced. (I hope you have a better dealer and repairer than I had over 7months and counting and job still not finalised)
                  2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

• AndyCaro
                    • Apr 2014
                    • South Coast NSW

Our NT Rust problem saga

Ok, time to put in our two cents worth.
                    We found the rust in the top of our rear doors. Were told by our local Mitsubishi dealer (which we will not name here yet but depending on the outcome will do so).
                    The dealer took photos (twice, the first time apparently in not enough detail so we were asked to go back and have it re-done which we did).
                    Were then told to get two quotes for the repairs from panelbeaters, which we did - both said the same that the rust issue could only be fixed by replacing the doors due to where the rust is.
                    Gave the quotes to the dealer who forwarded them on to MMAL.
                    MMAL came back and asked for a third quote from another panel beater (they named the one we were to use) - and surprise, surprise were given the same answer and a quote for replacing both rear doors.
                    MMAL then told our local dealer that they believed the rust repair would work and (we presume) that we - or the dealer - had to find a panel beater prepared to do the work.
                    We asked our dealer if we had problems with rust reappearing down the track, would MMAL repair it for us - were told yes, but when asked for this in writing - were refused.
                    At this stage, we told the dealer that unless we got this in writing, the next step for us would be to approach Fair Trading NSW to get them to take up the case. Was told that they would approach MMAL again with this information and to wait until this was received.
                    So yes, it appears that MMAL are walking away from the problem - which is obviously a design fault, so we will see where it proceeds from here.
                    Will keep the forum posted on the outcome.

Comment

• martialllaw
                      • Jan 2012
                      • Narangba

AndyCaro,
                      Welcome to the MMAL runaround. I wish you luck and hope that you stick to your guns.

Comment

• AndyCaro
                        • Apr 2014
                        • South Coast NSW

Originally posted by martialllaw View Post
                        AndyCaro,
                        Welcome to the MMAL runaround. I wish you luck and hope that you stick to your guns.
                        Thanks! Oh don't worry we will be doing that. After spending more than we ever had on a car that we hoped would last us well into retirement we ain't backing down...

Comment

• Ryksie
                          • May 2013
                          • Mooroolbark

Getting door replaced

Melbourne outer east MM dealer did all the work for me. Getting rear door replaced next week.

Comment

• AndyCaro
                            • Apr 2014
                            • South Coast NSW

Finally we have won our fight

Originally posted by AndyCaro View Post
                            Ok, time to put in our two cents worth.
                            We found the rust in the top of our rear doors. Were told by our local Mitsubishi dealer (which we will not name here yet but depending on the outcome will do so).
                            The dealer took photos (twice, the first time apparently in not enough detail so we were asked to go back and have it re-done which we did).
                            Were then told to get two quotes for the repairs from panelbeaters, which we did - both said the same that the rust issue could only be fixed by replacing the doors due to where the rust is.
                            Gave the quotes to the dealer who forwarded them on to MMAL.
                            MMAL came back and asked for a third quote from another panel beater (they named the one we were to use) - and surprise, surprise were given the same answer and a quote for replacing both rear doors.
                            MMAL then told our local dealer that they believed the rust repair would work and (we presume) that we - or the dealer - had to find a panel beater prepared to do the work.
                            We asked our dealer if we had problems with rust reappearing down the track, would MMAL repair it for us - were told yes, but when asked for this in writing - were refused.
                            At this stage, we told the dealer that unless we got this in writing, the next step for us would be to approach Fair Trading NSW to get them to take up the case. Was told that they would approach MMAL again with this information and to wait until this was received.
                            So yes, it appears that MMAL are walking away from the problem - which is obviously a design fault, so we will see where it proceeds from here.
                            Will keep the forum posted on the outcome.

Just a quick note to tell the forum that we have 2 new rear doors fitted and all looking great. Thanks to the forum for the helpful replies and advice to contact Fair Trading NSW. This was the 'kick in the pants' necessary for MMAL to support our local dealer and do the right thing by their customers. BTW: Our local dealer is Nowra Car City. They have been supportive and helpful in a difficult situation for them and we thank them for their efforts.

More info on our blog if anyone is interested: http://www.greynomadblogger.com/vehicle/finally-success

Comment

• TheTaipan
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2009
                              • sydney

That's great news

Bluff from retailers, motor dealers et al is the name of the game thinking they will wear you down and give up.

Comment

• Phil woods
                                • Jan 2015
                                • Western australia

Hey guys. New member here. I stumbled across this site when researching my new car. I found it really useful so thanks for all the info.

Anyway I got myself a 2010 rx in blue, it's a stunning car but has the very start of the rust issue on both rear doors.

It's still got manufacturers warranty and I'm going to the dealer tomorrow so wish me luck.

From the info I've got off here, it's basically rusting from the inside out so I won't be happy until I get new doors. I'll keep this thread posted.

Cheers.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X