• Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Learning to fly

Guess what I bought

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Great first flight .. well chosen music ...

You did really well in surburbia ... ours ended up on the roof of our house....

Looking forward to your 4wd adventure films ..

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• sharkcaver
      • May 2009
      • Perth

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
      Great first flight .. well chosen music ...

You did really well in surburbia ... ours ended up on the roof of our house....

Looking forward to your 4wd adventure films ..

haha, I went into speed mode, flew too far, then couldn't see what direction it was pointed to bring home. Thought I was going to loose it on someone else's roof too. Bit of a clacker moment.
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
        • May 2009
        • Perth

A week under the belt and I've learnt a few things.

#1, 2 batteries for the spark ain't enough

My Journeys

Comment

• denmonkey
          • Oct 2017
          • Newcastle NSW

defo need 3 batteries or more to get some good time out of it to make it worth going to the park etc.

Did they ping you on youtube for copyright on the music yet

cheers Brett

Comment

• littleriver
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2013
            • Queensland

Originally posted by denmonkey View Post
            defo need 3 batteries or more to get some good time out of it to make it worth going to the park etc.

cheers Brett
            Just use people whom sang covers . Or remix . no worries 😉

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• denmonkey
              • Oct 2017
              • Newcastle NSW

not sure that gets you away with it.
              I've seen a a couple of cover singing websites, that had to stop doing covers due to copyright which I thought was odd. They could do originals but no longe covers.

I also had a mate who was filming at a car show and walked past a car with a radio playing in the back ground. He got pinged for that he wasn't happy .
              Couldn't happen to a nicer prick

cheers Brett

Comment

• sharkcaver
                • May 2009
                • Perth

Originally posted by denmonkey View Post

cheers Brett

Not yet

All depends on the copyright. I've only had one vid pulled out of the 91 on my channel. Most are flagged not for monetisation and a few are restricted in certain country's, but as said, only had one pulled.

PITA really, trying to find some decent non copyright music is a pain.

My Journeys

Comment

• denmonkey
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Newcastle NSW

yeah, I don't think they care if its not monetized, otherwise they pinch any money it makes and send it to the 'artist' like thats the entirety of the video. 50/50 would be more fair I reckon.

I agree, very very hard to get decent music. I'm considering a subscription to a supplier for more options.

cheers Brett

Comment

• Ian H
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2015
                    • Melbourne

Nice video over the water. I remember the first time I did that and it was bloody scary. I still have trouble when I'm on a cliff top and send the thing out over the edge

I get those Youtube emails every time when I have a music background but they all say it's no big deal, just a notice.

I did a test of the 'follow me' function on my last trip, works well. (no music on this, it was just a test)

Some drone footage of the Paj out of Broken Hill.
                    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Turorit
                      • Oct 2016
                      • Adelaide

Nice work mate

What phone/tablet are you using with it?

I attempted a "follow me" video out in The Painted Desert but had signal issues and "obstacle detected" issues.

Finally landing after a small tantrum & flat battery, I discovered a fly had been minced through the props & stuck on the obstacle sensor, hence why the Spark refused to go anywhere!
                      2013 NW GLX. 285,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar, Boo's bashplates, 4x4 Tough Winch, underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator, D697 265/70r17, Rhino tracks & vortex bars, DIY rear drawers, Waeco CF40, 60L water bladder, 2.5m awning, Vlad TC mod, Provent 200, TJM Airtec, Uniden UH8060.
                      --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

• Ian H
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2015
                        • Melbourne

Mine's a Mavic Air. I had a P4 but sold that 'cos I wanted something smaller.

I use an iPad Mini now and find it fits nicely in the holders under the control unit.

I did have a Samsung tablet previously but found that the DJI drones seem to talk to Apple tablets better than they do to Android.
                        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• denmonkey
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Newcastle NSW

How do you find the range on that one Ian?

I looked at those real hard when a mavic pro popped up at the right price.

Still not 100% sure I made the right choice.

happy as with the pro but you always wonder .

I love the range on the pro . for the price, wont be upgrading any time soon.

theyre all so portable now.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                            • May 2009
                            • Perth

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                            Nice video over the water. I remember the first time I did that and it was bloody scary. I still have trouble when I'm on a cliff top and send the thing out over the edge

I get those Youtube emails every time when I have a music background but they all say it's no big deal, just a notice.

I did a test of the 'follow me' function on my last trip, works well. (no music on this, it was just a test)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C1mgQ9hmgA
                            Yep one shot I never published was a clacker moment. Over the ocean, low bat warning going off and I couldn't see what way it pointed to get it back to shore. In the end, I saw dunes on the screen and headed to them. Wasn't game to put RTH to the test before I used it in a controlled environment.

Nice one on the vid. That last vid, I used 4 intelligent flight modes. Active trac (follow me), dronie, helix, circle. Yet to use active trac on the Paj, but it's coming.....

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                              • May 2009
                              • Perth

Originally posted by Turorit View Post
                              Nice work mate

What phone/tablet are you using with it?

I attempted a "follow me" video out in The Painted Desert but had signal issues and "obstacle detected" issues.

Finally landing after a small tantrum & flat battery, I discovered a fly had been minced through the props & stuck on the obstacle sensor, hence why the Spark refused to go anywhere!
                              Im using a small samsung J5 phone. Thinking a tab may be better, but you have to spend a motza for a tab with a daylight viewable screen.

haha, that's funny. near the start of my 2nd vid, you get a quick glimpse of a butterfly. Its guts ended up all over the front sensor and its body too.
                              Attached Files

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X