• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Endorphin
    • Jun 2007
    • Australia

Dash squeaks and rattles

My front passenger side air vent (the one that is to the left of the glove box) squeaks and rattles a bit. I've taken the thing off a couple of times to re-seat it but it just comes back.

It seems to be the vent shell which is rubbing on the dash. Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this? I was thinking adhesive backed felt tape might work. If only I could find some...

Any other ideas? There are a number of rattles in this thing which are beginning to drive me nuts!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Mike
  • mrbitchi
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Brisbane

Use some stick on velcro dots, the "fluffy" side.
    Cheers, John.
    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• liam
      • Feb 2008
      • chadstone

you can buy the foam tape at any hardware store use this

Comment

• dolphin
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008

go to Bunnings they have it all.
        NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• Endorphin
          • Jun 2007
          • Australia

I end up getting some felt tape through these guys:

This website is for sale! cling.com.au is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, cling.com.au has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• john_char
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007
            • Perth - Not far north of the River

Nothing worse than squeeks and rattles. I thought my Paj is bad (which it's not), but my Jeep is shocking!!!!!
            Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

• Muzza
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Nsw

[QUOTE=john_char;24503]Nothing worse than squeeks and rattles. I thought my Paj is bad (which it's not),
              Dont have a dash rattle , but I have been chasing a squeek , only when cold in the centre consul, i found it today and fixed it , turned out to be a location pin between the 2 gears sticks on the consul, what a hassle to find. I hate noises
              Muzza
              Muzza
              2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
              2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
              2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• Endorphin
                • Jun 2007
                • Australia

I'm with you Muzza!

Comment

• green monster
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2008
                  • Adelaide

,,Easy fix just turn up the radio !!
                  NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• Greg
                    • Oct 2007
                    • Melbourne

...or fit some mud tyres:P
                    1989 NG Turbo Diesel, ARB Bullbar, IPF 900XS Lights, 31" Cooper S/T or 33" Simex Centipedes , 2" lift front and 3" back

Comment

• damn_oatesy
                      • Aug 2008
                      • Lismore N.S.W

I have always used medical tape.. Its stretchy soft and sticks forever.. It has solved so many rattles in my cars its not funny.. I once used it to hold my exaust in place!
                      RIP Dirt Ninja! You will be missed!

Comment

• Endorphin
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Australia

Originally posted by damn_oatesy View Post
                        I have always used medical tape.. Its stretchy soft and sticks forever.. It has solved so many rattles in my cars its not funny.. I once used it to hold my exaust in place!
                        Is it easy to come by? Can you get it in a chemist for example?

Comment

• damn_oatesy
                          • Aug 2008
                          • Lismore N.S.W

Not sure.. My mate is a nurse. she nicks rolls of it for me!
                          RIP Dirt Ninja! You will be missed!

Comment

• kaffine
                            • Jul 2008
                            • Perth

***WARNING THREAD HIJACK WARNING****

Hey guys since we're chattin bout squeeks and such my NM has this groaning / whining noise from the steering wheel almost every time I turn corners on all but hot days. I know its just some rubberseal rubbing on another bit of rubber but damn its annoying..Any other sufferers?

Cheers
                            Kaff...
                            Pajero NM GLS 2000: Driver and Passenger weather shields , Wish #1: dual batteries.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X