• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mudguts1
    • Sep 2010
    • Harrington Park, NSW

Another Platinum

Hi All,
    Yes another thread about the platinum so please be civil. I have today placed an order for a platinum NT petrol auto-ironbark in color with scuff plates for the kids to aim at,alloy b/bar, tow bar,etc .
    This is my first foray into diamond territory after having a GU patrol which I had to trade after my wife became pregnant and did not like climbing into a 6" lifted truck.
    A truck is a fair description of it even before it was lifted as when I test drove the Prado/Pajero recently It was clearly evident that much had changed in 8yrs.
    I have many questions to ask but will start with this, I wish to change the tyres to AT upon receipt of vehicle and have contacted a couple of tyre retailers for quotes and they have asked what size/brand/model tyre is fitted?
    Can those who have recently received their Platinum's please tell me the info on the tyres as to what was originally supplied from the factory?
    Anyway thanks in advance and our family are looking forward to getting dirty again.
    Cheers, Brad.
  • Bing
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2009
    • Currently QLD

Congrats. Bridgestone Dueller H/T 265/65/17. I think Zero and Dion's have Bridgestone as well.

I have seen the earlier/first arrivals with yokohama Geos.
    2010 Platinum LE. Cool Silver, Auto, DiD, MM Rear Difflock. HD MM Tow bar and Lift Kit. Buzz Racks.

Comment

• The Zero and CoPilot
      • Aug 2010
      • Hervey Bay

Originally posted by Bing View Post
      Congrats. Bridgestone Dueller H/T 265/65/17. I think Zero and Dion's have Bridgestone as well.

I have seen the earlier/first arrivals with yokohama Geos.
      Yes congrats on your choice. We love the Ironbark colour. Affirmative, our tyres are as Bing states.

Cheers
      2010 Pajero Platinum, Ironbark, DID auto, factory lift kit rear door,colour coded Arb Deluxe bar, Avenger winch 9500 lb, full tint all round, Uniden 7760NB UHF radio, triple Thule roof racks, Airtech snorkel, Arb rooftop touring tent and awning, factory towbar, Hayman Reese WDH, dashmat, windshields,headlight/bonnet protectors, scuffplates, sheepskins, full Bushskinz underbody protection, Bilsteins and Lovells -towing 21'6 Sunland Winton

Comment

• Mudguts1
        • Sep 2010
        • Harrington Park, NSW

Gee you guys are fast on the replies and I thank you for them.

Comment

• njclifford
          • Aug 2010
          • Brisbane

I was thinking of the same thing.

Bob Jane HAD a special for 265x65(or 70? can't remember)x17 Dueller AT (LT version, delivered by mistake so going cheap), all 5 replaced for $625!!! It was a FANTASTIC price.

But I did a fair bit of reading on the Dueller HT (stock tyres), and for me, mainly soft camping and beach driving, I decided to keep the HT.

The last two 4wd's I had (Prados) I ALWAYS changed, but they had Grand Trek's on them and were not that good.

Comment

• Marty V
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2008
            • Cranbourne, Vic

Yeah they all have the same Bridgestones...I changed mine to BFG A/Ts in the same 265/65/17...Was aiming for the Micky Thompson ATZ 4 Rib in the 265/70/17 but it makes getting the spare wheel cover on very tight...and i got over riden on the decision...

Gotta say i'm very impressed...Virtually no tyre noise considering the reasonably aggressive tread...

We get trade pricing and i think they were about $305 fitted...The Micky's were about $370

Comment

• Mudguts1
              • Sep 2010
              • Harrington Park, NSW

Bob jane just gave me an exchange price of $800 for 4 x 275/65/17 BFG A/T, how does that sound? Does the spare wheel cover still fit with the slightly larger tyres.

Thanks again.

Comment

• Marty V
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2008
                • Cranbourne, Vic

Originally posted by Mudguts1 View Post
                Bob jane just gave me an exchange price of $800 for 4 x 275/65/17 BFG A/T, how does that sound? Does the spare wheel cover still fit with the slightly larger tyres.

Thanks again.
                Sounds cheap to me...

Only way to know for sure is to take the car down and get them to fit up the spare first and try it...Might have a bit more of a gap on the side but with any luck it'll still attach ok...If the spare goes ok then go for the rest...

I did read somewhere a fella recon'd that 265/70/17's were an illegal fit in SA...

Comment

• peter92
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • maryborough queensland

marty, sent email to you
                  regards peter
                  used to be nl 1999 auto,3.5lt petrol.
                  now 1994 80 series cruiser diesel wagon
                  bull bar side steps, mags,dual batt system,2 waecos 35lt,40lt h/reese towbar,103amp agm batt, 500w inverter. narva spotties, uniden uh7700nb uhf 40 ch narrow band, 2.5kva inverter generator
                  SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

• njclifford
                    • Aug 2010
                    • Brisbane

That sounds like a GREAT price.

My local 4wd shop were asking over $1200.... but I think they would just dispose of the Duellers.

Comment

• Marty V
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2008
                      • Cranbourne, Vic

Originally posted by njclifford View Post
                      That sounds like a GREAT price.

My local 4wd shop were asking over $1200.... but I think they would just dispose of the Duellers.
                      Yeah thats more inline with what we get charged (for 5)...The local tyre shop recons the deman for the standard Bridgestones isnt there...and that most people go for something better...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X