• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tate1984
    • Nov 2012
    • Newcastle

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
    Well lots of experience quoted on the LRA, so let me give you an opinion on the Long Ranger.

If I had my time again, I would go the LRA and 81L. But I believe this sits just marginally lower than the 60L long ranger??? In my mind the LRA is just a better made product. But I do need to say I have not suffered any issues with the Long Ranger (apart from a leaky seam - which in hindsight is why I believe I got the tank cheap in the first place, unknowingly). Its coped and survived the same abuse as the LRA examples above. It uses the same pump and switch so the LRA comments on those will be the same.
    Thanks for the info Sharkcaver. As I have the rear aircon, the 81l is not an option. Either 58L from LRA or 60 for the Long Ranger.

Originally posted by Kirkster72 View Post
    I hear what your saying, but after a lot of asking both here & two local 4x4 shops who deal with long ranger, didn't give me confidence when I was enquiring about the set up & installation hence me travelling from western Sydney to Artarmon Automotive, as they knew the ins & outs about my paj. They even said they usually have them in stock but just sold the last one! so when dishing that much coin out, personally don't mind wasting a day or two.
    cheers Bryan
    Thanks Bryan. I will give Artarmon Automotive a call later in the month and have a chat.
    The Car: 2007 V6 Exceed. ARB bullbar, LRA aux tank, Rhino Platform, Hankook A/T's, Lovells/Bilsteins, Polyairs, Dual batts, XXX HID spotties, Light bar, Abber water tank, Bushskinz. Still to come: Snorkel, winch & tidy up wiring.

The Camper: 2016 Patriot X1 Limited Edition

Comment

• Kirkster72
      • Sep 2013
      • Sydney

finally got my aux tank done & im very haapy with my choice
      Attached Files
      2008 nt gls 3.2 smartbar, runva ewx9500 winch, airtech snorkel, ironman / ome combo lift, smartbar, 75watt hid's, lightbar, dual battery, rear worklight, bashplates, catch can 65ltr waeco, 18ltr engel, ors draws/fridge slide, 58ltr lra aux tank ,blah blah blah!

Comment

• MSF
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2009
        • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Good to See Eddie, Chris and the boys looked after you..

Comment

• supazuk
          • Jun 2014
          • Katherine

If you want to pump the fuel a bit quicker there are Holley blue copy pumps
          on eBay that pump around 10 ltr a min @14psi. I have one on my flamethrower that has been 100% reliable
          Only cost $60
          2014 PC Challenger, TJM winch bar, RUNVA 9500 winch, MMA tow bar, $0.09 EGR resister mod, 114L fuel tank, narva 225 HID driving lights, scan gauge 2, uniden UHF, TAIT VHF, TJM battery tray, bush skins , dobinsons lift and plenty more to still do

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2010
            • Cairns

Nice one Kirkster. You will not look back!
            Cheers, Dan.
            2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• Scouter1
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2013
              • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by Kirkster72 View Post
              I hear what your saying, but after a lot of asking both here & two local 4x4 shops who deal with long ranger, didn't give me confidence when I was enquiring about the set up & installation hence me travelling from western Sydney to Artarmon Automotive, as they knew the ins & outs about my paj. They even said they usually have them in stock but just sold the last one!
              That was me, Eddie installed mine on Friday! He remarked on there being a bit of run on aux tanks They always do great work there, one of the best mechanics I have dealt with over the years.

Cheers,
              Stephen
              2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• Kirkster72
                • Sep 2013
                • Sydney

Originally posted by Scouter1 View Post
                That was me, Eddie installed mine on Friday! He remarked on there being a bit of run on aux tanks They always do great work there, one of the best mechanics I have dealt with over the years.

Cheers,
                Stephen
                That's cool Stephen, great service down there at artarmon, wasn't close to home,but don't mind the travel for good service.
                Cheers Bryan
                2008 nt gls 3.2 smartbar, runva ewx9500 winch, airtech snorkel, ironman / ome combo lift, smartbar, 75watt hid's, lightbar, dual battery, rear worklight, bashplates, catch can 65ltr waeco, 18ltr engel, ors draws/fridge slide, 58ltr lra aux tank ,blah blah blah!

Comment

• Aloa9061
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Sydney

Good to see so many people using Ed and Chris,

Seriously good mechanics.

Comment

• Scouter1
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2013
                    • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by Aloa9061 View Post
                    Good to see so many people using Ed and Chris,

Seriously good mechanics.
                    Just harder to get a booking now but definitely worth the wait.

Cheers,
                    Stephen
                    2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• MSF
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2009

You are not wrong there - I've known them and been going to them for over 25 years and even I have to wait longer now - ha ha ha

Comment

• Kirkster72
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Sydney

made a cover out of a truck mud flap as I think the hoses were prone to damadge
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Ian H
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2015
                          • Melbourne

Thanks to the info in this forum I've now had a 58L tank fitted to my NX (with rear AC) by LRA in Lilydale (Melb). The guys were very helpful and I'll be going back to discuss some springs soon. They use Kings and recommend them and some air bags.

The cost was around $1700 fitted and about $250 cheaper than I was quoted at ARB for the comparable Long Ranger.
                          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2013
                            • Sydney

I was just having a read of the Brown Davis LRA website to find the statement:
                            NEW AUXILIARY FUEL TANK GAUGE AND BUZZER

NOW SUPPLIED WITH MOST BROWN DAVIS AUXILIARY TANKS

FUEL PUMPS BURNING OUT IS NOW A THING OF THE PAST. BROWN DAVIS HAS DEVELOPED A NEW AUXILIARY FUEL TANK GUAGE, SWITCH AND BUZZER UNIT TO BE SUPPLIED WITH MOST BROWN AUXILIARY FUEL TANKS. THE SMALL UNIT IS NO BIGGER THEN A 10C COIN AND CAN BE MOUNTED NICELY IN VEHICLES DASHES.
                            NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• sharkcaver
                              "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                              • May 2009
                              • Perth

Never heard of one burning out yet. They are designed to run dry for a period without issue. Must be the crappy part BD supplies?
                              MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• MSF
                                Valued Member
                                • Jul 2009

Exactly..

A Buzzer on the pump when it runs dry is not a new thing..
                                My LRA one has had one since it was installed. When it runs dry it lets you know by making a loud tick tick tick noise.. I've never needed anything louder - it works perfect.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X