• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iankim
    • Nov 2015
    • Perth

High beam piggyback install

High beam piggyback install on existed wiring on my paj.

As my bad drawing shows, Can i install piggyback on the where (1) shows? (I’d like to control the lights with my high beam switch on my steering wheel)
    By the way its stedi high beam piggyback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • rykiel575
    • Sep 2017
    • Sydney

Piggy back for actual power source or for the switch /control wire?
    2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

You haven't stated which vehicle you have, because not all our vehicles use H4 headlights.

Your Stedi piggyback is designed to plug in-line at the back of a H4 hi/low headlight, and the white plug is then used to energise the coil of your spotlight / driving light relay.

I'm not sure what your "circuit breaker" is, but using a 40A fuse to supply the power side of your driving light relay looks about right (depending on the power of your driving lights - 40A would do up to 500W, so I think you'll be alright). The fuse is to stop the wires burning if something goes wrong in the wiring downstream, so you need to ensure your wires are large enough to be protected by the fuse.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Greg59
        • Jan 2019
        • Townsville

I found the Stedi wiring loom did not suit my NX, so I used the way Vlad has previously posted. Easy, fast and neat.
        Attached Files
        NX

Comment

• Iankim
          • Nov 2015
          • Perth

High beam piggyback install

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
          You haven't stated which vehicle you have, because not all our vehicles use H4 headlights.

Your Stedi piggyback is designed to plug in-line at the back of a H4 hi/low headlight, and the white plug is then used to energise the coil of your spotlight / driving light relay.

I'm not sure what your "circuit breaker" is, but using a 40A fuse to supply the power side of your driving light relay looks about right (depending on the power of your driving lights - 40A would do up to 500W, so I think you'll be alright). The fuse is to stop the wires burning if something goes wrong in the wiring downstream, so you need to ensure your wires are large enough to be protected by the fuse.

I’m driving NM pajero 3.2 diesel. So do you think it will be ok to connect piggyback like the diagram.
          Well Led light is working fine at the moment but i just want to be able to control with high beam. To make it legal.

Last edited by Iankim; 17-03-19, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Iankim
            • Nov 2015
            • Perth

Originally posted by rykiel575 View Post
            Piggy back for actual power source or for the switch /control wire?

So you are saying (2) is the way to go?

Comment

• rykiel575
              • Sep 2017
              • Sydney

No dont take it from two.
              2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• Iankim
                • Nov 2015
                • Perth

Originally posted by rykiel575 View Post
                No dont take it from two.

So (1) is better? Or i can go for cable between switch and circuit breaker?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X