• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wasarangie
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2010
    • Ocean Grove

Wittnal how did you go with this problem?
    SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

• WITTNALL
      • Jun 2010
      • Don Valley Victoria

Still working on it, as there are still no codes coming up on the computer its like finding a needle in a haystack. As things would have it the car ran perfectly on the Tuesday, so its a matter of getting the car back to the dealer on a bad day. I dont think its just as simple as the tyres throwing the computer out. We have had ALOT of rain which seemed to make things worse especially with the green lights on the dash.
      Im just a bit over it all at the moment.
      MY 2010 PB LS Challenger White Auto:-Full tint, ARB Deluxe bar with driving lights, Safari Snokel, Mickey Thompson MTZ 265/70/R17's, IPF 900SX Spotties, Kaymar rear step bar/wheel carrier/tow bar, Longrange Automotive 136ltr long range auxiliary tank, King Springs / Koni 40mm lift...

Comment

• Ballfyboy
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2007
        • Brisbane

Keep with it. Ours went into limp mode 24 times on our Cape York trip. At least I had a fault code even if they could not work out why it was coming up..... Had it back to the dealer in Brisbane this time and they have replaced the manifold so hopefully ours will be fine from now on.

Its shitty when you know something is not right on a new car when you have just spent quite a fair sum of money.

IMO when they blame things like the tires being a different size that is just being lazy and I think they are taking you for a fool. While mine was just in I got a call giving me grief over a 50mm suspension lift! They told me that I need to lengthen the brake hose or it will snap. Considering I have been on a 6 week trip over some of the most roughest bastard tracks not to mention all the work at LMP & Levuka and the brakes still work speaks for itself. Then they called me to say that the lift has made the vacuum hose for the diff lock come off and "I NEED TO COME AND PICK IT UP AND GET A NEW LONGER ONE PUT ON, BRING IT BACK SO THEY CAN CLEAR THE FAULT CODE AND TEST DRIVE IT". I was obviously under the impression that they called themselves a friggen service department for a reason. After explaining that I dropped it off to them to service and that surely somebody there could cut 30 cm of vacuum hose off and push it on I was put on hold and eventually told that yes it could actually be done. When my wife picked it up we were charged $180 dollars for the 30 cm piece of said vacuum hose!!! I cannot wait until I get the customer satisfaction report for that one.

On top of all that I sill don't believe that the lift had anything to do with it as I am quite sure that the new rear shocks only have about another 10 or 15 mm actual travel. I am going to take one off and compare it to the old ones that I have kept when I get a chance so I know I am 100% correct before going right off.

Sorry for the rant and hijack. If you don't get any satisfaction go to another dealer and give the MM hotline a call and tell they you are going to buy a Prado. After I did that things actually started happening.
        NX Pajero with a ARB Frontier LR tank and some semi-big ideas.

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Peakhurst, Sydney

Have them check the sensors...

...as its more likely to be a damaged or faulty sensor at the axle that's causing your problem. Different tyres shouldn't cause an issue like you've described but water in a sensor could.

Cheers
          Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
          "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X