• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • claytspb
    • Jun 2018
    • maryborough

ScanGauge 2

How good is the Scangauge 2.
    I have done a couple of trips towing the caravan and the difference in my new driving style with a Scangauge and a TDI chip fitted has made it a bit easier on the nerves.
    Before it was hard work moving the auto up and down depending on the hills or head wind or both while trying not to cook the auto. Now I can watch the auto fluid heat up and so far I have been able to manage the temp range changing speed or gear to suit.
    Best $235 I have spent on the PB I reckon.I have the engine water temp. and auto fluid temp on the screen at all times.
    The TDI chip was dearer but I have found a setting (4) that gives me more power and has not affected economy at all. I don't change it at all when not towing.
    The install was a breeze too.
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Hi Kerry,

Good to see you are "managing" the shortfalls of the auto trans, without a Scanguage or similar it is impossible to know what is going on with engine and auto temperatures.

The next best thing you can do is fit either Lockup Mate or Auto Mate, you will see further reductions in ATF, Engine air inlet and engine coolant temperatures as well as an increase in fuel economy. During the development and testing of these products I deliberately set out to cause an auto trans limp mode on many occasions but was unable to.

OJ.
    Last edited by old Jack; 09-01-20, 10:33 PM.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• claytspb
      • Jun 2018
      • maryborough

Auto lockup

Hi OJ, Thanks for that reply. I have read a couple of articles on auto lockup devices and can see the advantage. Unfortunately my health has been a bit off last 6 months and I have lost all but a couple of odd jobs so money spent on the vehicle is limited as is future trips. I decided to just go with scangauge and performance chip for now.
      I am a old mechanic and only do minor repairs and service to the PB when needed.
      Love to get a Pajero but.
      Cheers
      Kerry

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011
        • Adelaide, South Australia.

No problems Kerry,

There is a huge thread discussing how best to manage the auto and prevent limp modes, post 8 gives you a easy rpm vs speed guide to keeping the TC locked up but it only works in 4th and 5th gears because the factory program only locks these gears up.

Happy reading.

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2016
          • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by claytspb View Post
          Hi OJ, Thanks for that reply. I have read a couple of articles on auto lockup devices and can see the advantage. Unfortunately my health has been a bit off last 6 months and I have lost all but a couple of odd jobs so money spent on the vehicle is limited as is future trips. I decided to just go with scangauge and performance chip for now.
          I am a old mechanic and only do minor repairs and service to the PB when needed.
          Love to get a Pajero but.
          Cheers
          Kerry
          Mate save your money and download Torque Pro to your phone tablet. Cost less than $20.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X