• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speedyantz
    • Aug 2017
    • Perth

Speed-sense cable or connection point NL 1999

Hi

I have purchased a new Kenwood stereo for my NL and for the wireless apple car-play to work correctly it needs a speedo sense cable connected from the stereo ????? does anyone have any wire diagrams or any idea where this runs from to the speedo. Or can I get this from the ECU any help would be helpful.

Regards Anthony
  • stumagoo
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • Perth WA S.O.R

the speedo sends a signal to the ecu and to the diagnostics port - but its modified by the speedo (through a reed switch or similar) so if the ecu input works then pin 14 on the OBD2 port will give you access to it otherwise you need to intercept the raw signal prior to the dash cluster (easiest place is at the back of the cluster)

The ecu signal also goes to the auto trans controller so you can probaby intercept it there as well if you have an auto - if you have a manual I am unsure if the loom is dual purpose and has the plug available but the auto ecu is located above the clutch pedal location so even if you have a manual there may be a plug there. the Wire for that would be a yellow one with a white trace
    1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
    *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
    1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• brw0513
      • Apr 2018
      • Brisbane

Hi speedyantz.

I don't have any experience with Kenwood stereos. But are you telling us you need a speed signal or are you asking?

My recent experience with Sony AV players is that they need to see the handbrake applied to enable the video playback functionality. I presume this is intended to ensure videos can only be played while the car is parked.

Is the handbrake signal enough for your Kenwood unit? Maybe Kenwood only want to allow Bluetooth initial pairing when the car is stopped?
      Ian B
      1998 NL SWB 6G74 Manual

Comment

• stumagoo
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2014
        • Perth WA S.O.R

I see you are in Perth.... depending on where you are there are a quite a few of us around the city that would be happy to help out, I myself am just north of Kwinana I am happy to help locate the required wires one evening if you want
        1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
        *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
        1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X