Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quinno
    • May 2008

Peter, what do you mean by yours "failed this test"? Did it trigger CEL? Blow up? Or was there some before and after pressure readings too high?
    2010 PB Challenger. Kings KCRR23 and 55H, sliders, front bar, warn winch, light force HID, 90L aux tank donated from NH Paj.

1992 NH GLX, 2.5L TD. Tough Dog lift 2", Alpine Engineering IFS mod kit, DieselGas, Piranha dual battery, ARB bar with Warn M8000, Outlander roof rack & boat rollers, 10ft tinny with 6hp, GME TX4000 UHF & Electophone SSB CB, custom fridge slide & false floor, window tint & Airflow snorkel.

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

Originally posted by Quinno View Post
      Peter, what do you mean by yours "failed this test"? Did it trigger CEL? Blow up? Or was there some before and after pressure readings too high?
      what I remember they watch the coolant levels rising and falling ... there are certain levels (mm) in the coolant overflow reservoir they are watching ... (it's like a flow chart they go by) ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Quinno
        • May 2008

If there is a flow chart they go by during the procedure, does that mean they should be documenting results?
        2010 PB Challenger. Kings KCRR23 and 55H, sliders, front bar, warn winch, light force HID, 90L aux tank donated from NH Paj.

1992 NH GLX, 2.5L TD. Tough Dog lift 2", Alpine Engineering IFS mod kit, DieselGas, Piranha dual battery, ARB bar with Warn M8000, Outlander roof rack & boat rollers, 10ft tinny with 6hp, GME TX4000 UHF & Electophone SSB CB, custom fridge slide & false floor, window tint & Airflow snorkel.

Comment

• littleriver
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2013
          • Queensland

Originally posted by Quinno View Post
          If there is a flow chart they go by during the procedure, does that mean they should be documenting results?
          Yes they documented all results.. although when asked for a copy of the flow chart they would not hand it over ..

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Michaelj15
            • Feb 2016
            • Sydney

Originally posted by Michaelj15 View Post
            Yeh will do - i mentioned radiator cap to mechanic and he seemed to think that was the earlier models, but it never hurts to double check!
            had a look this morning - no pressure from what i could tell. Here is a pic of the cap too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6020.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	981934

Comment

• Michaelj15
              • Feb 2016
              • Sydney

Not sure if anyone knows the mechanics of it...

however both times the gauge has gone up of recent i have had the heater (and air con) on full. Not sure if this is related (first time i had the problem it was a faulty gauge as it jumped up, but this is different now).

If i go up a hill or give it, and then stop. The gauge will just start rising....

Comment

• littleriver
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2013
                • Queensland

had a look this morning - no pressure from what i could tell. Here is a pic of the cap too.

[ATTACH]39714[/ATTACH]
                yeps that the upgraded cap ...

I know off topic but that battery looks a bit worse for wear ... over filled ? look's like acid spill on the filling point ? ...

Comment

• whereswes
                  • Feb 2015
                  • Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                  yeps that the upgraded cap ...

I know off topic but that battery looks a bit worse for wear ... over filled ? look's like acid spill on the filling point ? ...

Maybe not off topic and good pick up Littleriver. Any chance that it could be coolant blow off? Probably need to see trim panel on underside of bonnet to be sure.

Judging by the condition of the cap label, it hasn't been there long.

Cheers
                  Wes

* Actually, closer look and I think you're right on the center vent plugs. Looks like overfill.
                  Last edited by whereswes; 14-06-18, 12:32 PM.
                  2014 Auto PC Challenger, TJM Bar with Centre/Side LED Bars & 12,000lb Winch, Uniden UHF, ARB Rack with single row LED Bar & Awning, Safari Snorkel, Boos Bash Plates, 265-75R16 BFG KM2s, 100AH AGM Battery and Redarc DC-DC to power Waeco, Custom rear interior, HR Towbar, Combo suspension (Lovells front/ARB rear), Brown Davis LR tank, Diff Breathers, 2 1/2" S/S cat back, ScangaugeII, Munji EGR controller, Bushskinz side steps, DPChip, LM8,

Comment

• Lowlyf
                    • Jul 2018
                    • Brisbane

Is there any update on this?
                    2010 Chally w/ 88k kms, Roo Systems Exhaust, Nudge with light bar, 2" lift with rear airbags, HR Towbar, Elec Breaks, Torque Convertor, Roof Cage, Reverse Cam.

Comment

• Michaelj15
                      • Feb 2016
                      • Sydney

On my end - Mitsubishi wanted 'video footage' of the gauge rising, apparently a pic isn't good enough. So i got the video footage. Its going back in next week for further testing... and we will see.

Comment

• Michaelj15
                        • Feb 2016
                        • Sydney

Picked my car back up yesterday - service guys had it for 2 days.

They found the radiator coolant temperature sensor had corroded, thus giving the wrong temperature which was causing the overheating problems...

So far so good, and hopefully that is that .

Thanks to all for advice and support!

Comment

• old Jack
                          Regular
                          • Jun 2011
                          • Adelaide, South Australia.

Picked my car back up yesterday - service guys had it for 2 days.

They found the radiator coolant temperature sensor had corroded, thus giving the wrong temperature which was causing the overheating problems...

So far so good, and hopefully that is that .

Thanks to all for advice and support!

So this was a faulty coolant temperature sender unit giving an over temperature indication not only to the dash gauge but also the Engine ECU which will make the engine go into limp mode.

Not the first time I have heard of this happening, hence my question in Post #5.

Glad it is all sorted.

OJ.
                          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• bige
                            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                            So this was a faulty coolant temperature sender unit giving an over temperature indication not only to the dash gauge but also the Engine ECU which will make the engine go into limp mode.

Not the first time I have heard of this happening, hence my question in Post #5.

Glad it is all sorted.

OJ.
                            challengers have 2 temp sensors, one for the gauge,and one for the engine ECU
                            the temp gauge one won't cause the engine to go into limp mode

Comment

• old Jack
                              Regular
                              • Jun 2011
                              • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by bige View Post
                              challengers have 2 temp sensors, one for the gauge,and one for the engine ECU
                              the temp gauge one won't cause the engine to go into limp mode
                              Hi Bige,

Well I learnt something tonight, took me a while to confirm there are 2 engine coolant sensors. 1 for the dash guage and 1 for the Engine ECU fuel control, they are located next to each other on the passenger side of the engine towards to front and top.

OJ.
                              2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                              MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• crash486
                                • Jan 2018
                                • Blackheath, NSW

Had something similar on the Triton. ECU said all ok but the temp sender kept going into the red. Replaced and all ok.

Crash486

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X