• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gaz1
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Blue Mountains NSW

slow forum responses

For a couple of weeks now I have experienced very slow connection and loading responses from the forum - I've tried both Firefox and IE7 and they are basically the same. Sometimes the connection will time out, other times if I do a second click on the link I'm trying to load (after the first one has been stalled for a while) I will initially get a blank page and then it loads reasonably well.

Anyone else experiencing similar? Thoughts on what might be causing it? My other regular forums etc are not affected.

Gaz
    2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.
  • Stevie-Ray
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Peakhurst, Sydney

Hi Gaz,

Originally posted by gaz1 View Post
    For a couple of weeks now I have experienced very slow connection and loading responses from the forum - I've tried both Firefox and IE7 and they are basically the same. Sometimes the connection will time out, other times if I do a second click on the link I'm trying to load (after the first one has been stalled for a while) I will initially get a blank page and then it loads reasonably well.

Anyone else experiencing similar? Thoughts on what might be causing it? My other regular forums etc are not affected.

Gaz
    Sounds like it's your connection rather than your browser,(so stick with Firefox), I presume you're ADSL2+, so it's more likely Telstra stuffing it up for you!
    Try refreshing your connection, reboot modem by accessing modem interface(via browser), finally try briefly unplugging power from modem.

Hope that works. However, I'm certain that when there's high demand, Telstra gives priority to it's Bigpond customers (I'm with TPG), or maybe it just can't cope as their exchanges still don't have adequate capacity!
    I'm right across the road from an exchange that services a fairly large area & it still drops out. In fact, there are certain times when it's more likely to occur, eg; 3.30-4.00pm when the kids arrive home from school, approaching 1.00am when the off-peak times begin, & wet Saturdays!
    The sooner we have the National Broadband System, the sooner we can give Telstra the boot!

Cheers.
    Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
    "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• Darke Peak
      • Dec 2009
      • Adelaide, SA

I use a site called www.speedtest.net to compare connections and diagnose issues. Perhaps try this site next time you think it is lagging.
      2007 NS VRX Auto DID. Factory alloy bullbar. Narva 225 HID's. TJM Airtec Snorkel. Piranha Dual Battery system. Factory towbar. ICOM 440 UHF. 2" Bilstein/Lovell lift kit. Bushskinz sump guard and rock sliders.

Comment

• bakerboy
        "valued 3000+ member"
        • May 2008
        • Perth

uni is running a little slow today

If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

• Matatak
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2008
          • Perth

lol should try mine....

05 NP DiD Auto. 265/75R16, OME Suspension, ARB Dlx B/Bar, Warn Zeon 10-S, IPF HID's, Rear Drawer Setup, Pioneer Platform Rack, ARB 78l Fridge, GME TX3520SW UHF.

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2009
            • Peakhurst, Sydney

On Dial-up?

Originally posted by Matatak View Post
            lol should try mine....

Matatak, are you using Dial-up not ADSL/Broadband?

My father had in his shed a modem that CSIRO used, & it could transmit 64 bytes per minute! It was manufactured in 1969 & used a relay-breaker to send data down the line.

Cheers!
            Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
            "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• gaz1
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007
              • Blue Mountains NSW

Originally posted by Stevie-Ray View Post
              The sooner we have the National Broadband System, the sooner we can give Telstra the boot!

Cheers.
              Couldn't agree more, the NBN can't come soon enough for me. I live in an area on the fringe of Sydney and Telstra can't even provide us with ADSL2 - only ADSL, and we are the last house in the road that can access even that! They haven't touched the exchange for years, the cables in the street are seriously overloaded, the number of houses has probably doubled since we moved here and there has been no cable work done at all. We have certain times of day when the speeds drop dramatically - often in the late afternoon.

Anyhow, having had that little rant, I don't think my problem is related to the connection - all other forums and sites we regularly use are performing OK (insofar as our service performs). I've done all the modem turning off etc etc and unfortunately it's still this forum that is slow connecting.

Guess I'll just get used to it!

Gaz

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• gaz1
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • Blue Mountains NSW

Originally posted by gaz1 View Post

Guess I'll just get used to it!

Gaz
                Just a quick update............I am now of the view that this problem may be either an ISP or connection problem - but why it only affects this forum is the weird part.

I've connected to the internet via my mobile phone/Bigpond and the forum works fine but when I go back onto the copper ADSL/Eftel link, the problem continues. So I just get used to it.

Gaz

Comment

• gaz1
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Blue Mountains NSW

OK, the good fairy has fixed it! I still reckon it's the ISP that was causing my issues - a few days ago my Facebook connection started playing up, I was getting the white screen every time I tried to move to a different friend's page. This "just happened" one day - both home computers were doing the same thing but when I hooked them up to Bigpond via my mobile phone, Facebook worked fine.

The problem lasted about 24 hours and then Facebook started working, and guess what - the Pajero forum is now back to its proper rapid-response self.

I'm happy but seriously considering a change of ISP away from Eftel.
                  Gaz

Comment

• Ian Johnston
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2010
                    • Mount Gambier, SA

Try working on a VERY SLOW dialup system

I have broadband at home, which is hot and cold at times, but dialup at work. Work out in the bush, so dont have any choice.
                    2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
                    Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
                    2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine

Comment

• Fro
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2009
                      • Nundah, QLD

I'm happy with mine

2007 NS X, SWB, 3.2L Di-D, Automatic. Accessories: iCom UHF, Dual Battery System, Nudge Bar and an Engel for keeping the important stuff cold.

Comment

• Pickle
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2007
                        • All over Oz

Yeah nothing wrong with the server
                        Except when we go over our bandwidth limit.
                        Suprised no one had a grump about it being down nearly all day Sunday.
                        Dave
                        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Ian Johnston
                          Valued Member
                          • Feb 2010
                          • Mount Gambier, SA

I can be the 1st if you like Horrible weather, and no Paj forum
                          2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
                          Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
                          2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine

Comment

• marcthelegend
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2008
                            • Gosnells, WA

Mine use-to be alot faster, then they split the line when my dad got his unit built out the back and since then .. slow.

Think the router might be dying though, seems its getting worse and worse and worse as the days go on.

Oh and Pickle, I DID notice the site was down! had to go 4x4ing to pass the time I would usually check the recent posts!

Cheers

Marc
                            05 NP GLX 3.8 Auto. 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, Granke mk3 12,000lbs winch, Uniden UH015sx, HID spotties, Roof mounted light bar, Work lights, Upgraded stereo, Tinting, 2.5t tow, dual battery setup (homemade), Radar Renegade tyres, wired up dummy lights, Bushskinz Sump/Intercooler plates, home-made diff breathers (front and back) and a cheap ebay snorkel.

To-do:
                            brake upgrade, oil seals (again!!)

Comment

• Matatak
                              Valued Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • Perth

Originally posted by Ian Johnston View Post
                              I can be the 1st if you like Horrible weather, and no Paj forum

Lol maybe in SA.

WA had decent weather for a change so i was 4wding at the beach all day
                              05 NP DiD Auto. 265/75R16, OME Suspension, ARB Dlx B/Bar, Warn Zeon 10-S, IPF HID's, Rear Drawer Setup, Pioneer Platform Rack, ARB 78l Fridge, GME TX3520SW UHF.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X