• Show
Clear All
  • martialllaw
    • Jan 2012
    • Narangba

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
    How many kms on the car?.
    290600Km
    2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

• spot01
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by martialllaw View Post
      290600Km
      Ok, so it's only mid-life, but it's in the range where people have had viscous fan clutch issues develop - I hate replacing things unless sure they are the cause, but these clutches seem to be difficult to diagnose properly due to their "fluid" nature - there are quite a few threads on them if you want to read up on them.
      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• TIAB
        • Feb 2015
        • QLD

I just had exactly the same experience, have not taken the van away for a while 2.5T, done the gap a few times no problem. Yesterday headed off and when we hit the highway started offer heating, so much Aircon shut off. Checked fluids, Fan, Etc, no problems. It would only take 5 min to overheat at highway speed but slow or stopped would cool back down a bit.
        Pulled radiator out and found at least 40% blocked channels, as well as plenty of rubbish externally. decided to put whole new unit is as plastic tanks don,t take the heat too well and have done 180k.

Doing test run tomorrow and will let you know.

Comment

• TIAB
          • Feb 2015
          • QLD

All good, drove up our mountain with a passion and needle only just moved so radiators can get blocked, could have solved with rodding but decided on all new.

Comment

• Doowrag
            • Jun 2008
            • Gympie Qld

Originally posted by TIAB View Post
            I just had exactly the same experience, have not taken the van away for a while 2.5T, done the gap a few times no problem. Yesterday headed off and when we hit the highway started offer heating, so much Aircon shut off. Checked fluids, Fan, Etc, no problems. It would only take 5 min to overheat at highway speed but slow or stopped would cool back down a bit.
            Pulled radiator out and found at least 40% blocked channels, as well as plenty of rubbish externally. decided to put whole new unit is as plastic tanks don,t take the heat too well and have done 180k.

Doing test run tomorrow and will let you know.
            same here on the weekend towing about 950kg it heated up to 3/4 on the gauge, air con switched off then it would come back down and kick the air con back in. this was about a 20 minute cycle for about an hour till i got to my destination. i have the radiator getting pulled out today to check.
            2011 NT GLX - Hankooks, 2in Kings/Oztec, SmartBra, XTM Spotties, Warn XD9000, UHF, AutoMate, Ultraguage, Flat Rack, Awning, RedArc Dual Battery System... LOOKING TO BUY FACTORY SIDE STEPS...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X