• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BROOMZPAJ
    • Mar 2010
    • Geelong

Not crazy yet TC

I saw it too TC.

A message from China me thinks. Remember thinking that the Chinglish was pretty good.

Or maybe it's just that we're both going crazy.

The drink solution sounds like a good 'un.
    2012 MY12 NW Exceed 3.2 DiD
    Cool Silver - Nudge Bar - Bonnet Protector - Cargo Liner - Sports Roof Rack Cross Bars - UltraGauge - Bushskinz IC & Sump guards - T'EYES CC3 head unit with integrated front & rear cameras - Trap Mats - EGR control - Travall Pet Barrier - Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus - 2" lift via Bilstein shocks/struts & King springs.

Comment

• longy
      • Oct 2009
      • ACT

Originally posted by grumpy03 View Post
      Hi folks, I am a newby so apologies if the following info is already known to everybody! I have recently picked up a new 2010 Activ Pajero and was disappointed that the ipod connectivity (via USB) and direct access to the 6-stacker were both lost. Also I was really cheesed off with the quoted price for a dealer-fitted connecting cable.

Cheers

Peter

yes, it's ridiculous the price they ask for a ipod cable.

So I went the way of burning my MP3s to a DVD (you can burn to a CD) and playing it through the MMCS DVD player, you can fit 10 of thousands of songs (from your originals of cause ) on a DVD and you don't have to bring you ipod around and you don't need to worry about any recharging of an ipod, and if the disc gets scratched or damage just make another one.

All the control works from the steering wheel (vol, skip to next song), so I found it a much better alternative then an ipod cable, and best still, it only costed .30c for a blank DVD!

Comment

• Marty V
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2008
        • Cranbourne, Vic

Originally posted by grumpy03 View Post
        Hi folks, I am a newby so apologies if the following info is already known to everybody! I have recently picked up a new 2010 Activ Pajero and was disappointed that the ipod connectivity (via USB) and direct access to the 6-stacker were both lost. Also I was really cheesed off with the quoted price for a dealer-fitted connecting cable.

My wife and I have recently started touring. We each have a generic brand MP3 player with 3.5mm headphone sockets (mine is Sansa). Yesterday I went to Jaycar in Melbourne and spoke to one of the young assistants (you know, the guys who look about 13 but have degrees in astro physics) and he sold me a 1.5 metre long cable with 3.5mm stereo plug at one end and the red and white RCA plug at the other. It was a Digitech part no. WA7014 and it cost me $6.50. We plugged it into the Paj glovebox , selected "AUX" and it worked beautifully.

I also tried out my little portable CD player (one of those that are not much bigger than a CD disc) and it worked great as well, so I will use it in future instead of having to tilt the MMCS screen to feed in single CD's. The CD player was an Aistar A5252 from Dick Smith (about $35).

At this stage we are leaving the MP3 and CD players in the glove box but I will shortly get an extension cable and run it through the console to the bin under the armrest, so we can plug in our chargers and there will be no visible wiring in the car. Of course we can still use the volume controls on the car stereo, so I don't know why I would bother spending any more money just so I could select songs using the car controls. Those on the players are just as easy.

Oh, I just had the spare wheel lifter kit fitted along with the top half-cover and we love it. It actually looks like a more natural position than the original and easily clears the hitches etc on our horse float and caravan.

Cheers

Peter

Sorry Peter, I would think you already know this but i cant understand why you would use your portable CD player in the car?

You do know that you can play CD's with your Sat/Nav dont you? Just hit the 'Tilt' button on the lower left, then hit the left side of the screen where it says "Disk in" or whatever...The screen flips down and you stick the disk in the slot...

Comment

• grumpy03
          • Jun 2010
          • Melbourne

ipod connection to MMCS

Hi Longy,

Thanks for your excellent solution - which I had not considered because I am hopeless at converting file formats when burning DVD's. Fortunately my grand-daughter taught me (how embarrassing) and I'm half way through making my first "Paj Trip Music" DVD. My son has done the same thing with e-books for listening on long trips.

Yes Marty I did know about the CD hiding behind the MMCS but did not want to have to tilt the screen so frequently after losing the 6-disc stacker. The DVD is the perfect fix for my needs.

Cheers to both and thanks again,

Peter

Comment

• JohnnyK
            • Jun 2010
            • Sydney West

No USB on NT Active Paj

Just picked up an Activ Paj a few days ago and was amazed to learn that it DOES NOT have a USB connection on it. Yes Ipod, and that range of products, but NOT USB. What year is this??? (Keep rubbing those sticks together...)
            I thought surely not...but Keith of resourceit.com.au confirmed the fact, and from the work he seems to have done with the MMCS, and links here to his page, I imagine he should know.
            Unbelievable, but thankfully it has a DVD to play MP3/WMA from as well as blutoof...
            Cheers,
            NX Pajero, The Final Frontier...

Comment

• djeev1
              • Mar 2012
              • France

Hi all

I see in this topic that some of you were able to burn all MP3 files to a DVD and read it as a data disc in the MMCS.

In my case I'm in France and I do have Pajero 2007, I'm still waiting to get it, yeah it is still at the mithsibishi company (being prepared). Well and I saw a lot of topics saying that you can not read data DVD's (only data CD's and Video DVD's can be read).

Could someone here give me more info about this please....

Thanks a lot

Comment

• Dev74
                • May 2012
                • Soldiers Point

Try burning the DVD as an mp3 disk. I do that on my mac with Roxio Toast. Just make sure you keep folders for albums so you don't lose the song order. I have done it this way and it works a treat.

Cheers,
                Dan

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X