• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

RESPONSE Wireless Tyre Pressure Monitoring Kit - Review

Creighton's TJM have given me a "RESPONSE" Wireless Tyre Pressure Monitoring Kit to try out/review..

Good news is after I have completed the review this set will go up for grabs at a very cheap price!

Very easy to fit.. I checked Tyre pressures cold 1st up 36 PSI all round..
    Made sure no air leaks, (Soapy water & a mirror), as the instructions ask! All good there..

Was spot on too! Easy to program, all pressures smack on 36 PSI..

After a 15 minute run they were all up to 39 PSI which tells me my 4 PSI rule is/will be pretty close to spot on a trip..

R/R Price $199

Forum Members Price $179

Gus.
    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

That's pretty good of Creightons . Be watching with interest how these perform.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Jimbo2
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2012
      • Bendigo

Does it do the caravan as well.

This looks like a very good and simple system.
      3 Questions:
      • Does it have sufficent range to cover the Caravan/ Trailer as well
      • Will it cope with 6 Sensors instead of 4
      • Are extra sensors availble for purchase- how much?

Jim Boyer
      2013 NW GLX-R Factory Locker, TC mod,Dual Battery, 240V inverter, Anderson Plug, Fire Extinguisher. GME TX3500 UHF Radio, MM Alloy Bar, ORU 12000lb Winch,EGR mod, Fancy wheels, 33" Pirelli ATR Tyres, LRA Aux tank, Custom bash plates & Rock sliders, Ultra Gauge, ARB Compressor, LED Light bar, little mods around the cabin. Kings Std Ratecoils & Ultimate Shocks, Firestone HP airbags, Airteck Snorkel, Hema 6. Towing: Starcraft outback

Comment

• Gus
        Administrator
        • Mar 2008
        • Traralgon. Vic

G'day Jim,
        Yes very simple system but good quality too.
        . No* - I will be doing a review on one that has a relay for Van/trailer at a later stage. *(Jenene has asked the Rep if they plan to have relay for Van/trailers).
        . No - Budget unit made for Vehicle with 4 wheels
        . No - If lost you can't get a replacement. However if faulty they will replace while under warranty.

Gus.
        Last edited by Gus; 23-04-13, 11:50 AM. Reason: Edited in replacement details

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Gus
          Administrator
          • Mar 2008
          • Traralgon. Vic

After a trip to the Lakes last week & Berwick yesterday I can report that these budget "RESPONSE Wireless Tyre Pressure Monitoring Kits" work a treat all tyres showed 40PSI, (except right front 39), right on the money using the 4PSI rule. On checking the tyres cold thismorning using the same gauge all were spot on 36PSI with the front right just under 36 so I'll put the 1PSI down to the fact the gauge goes up in increments of 1PSI..

I also had a play reducing the pressure & the alarm works as stated 25PSI.. I didn't inflate a tyre to 46 & then drive to check if it sounded at 48PSI.

So if your after a Wireless Tyre Pressure Monitoring Kit, for your vehicle only, the "RESPONSE" gets a Thumbs Up from me!

Forum Members Price $179

Test/review set $160 + freight at cost. (1st to Post they want)

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• GHendo
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Northern NSW

Gus, if you need to air down your tyres, do you have to remove the sensors from the wheel before you can do this?

Geoff
            03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Gus
              Administrator
              • Mar 2008
              • Traralgon. Vic

Yes Geoff in fact I would remove them prior to heading off road..
              Simple enough to remove & refit the plastic box that comes with the kit has my plastic valve caps in so just air down swap & your away..

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• martialllaw
                • Jan 2012
                • Narangba

Originally posted by Gus View Post
                Yes Geoff in fact I would remove them prior to heading off road..
                Simple enough to remove & refit the plastic box that comes with the kit has my plastic valve caps in so just air down swap & your away..

Gus.
                Gus, Why would you not refit them after airing down? are they too fragile for off road use?
                2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

• Blinky Bill
                  Valued Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • Bellingen NSW North Coast

What about H2O?

Originally posted by martialllaw View Post
                  Gus, Why would you not refit them after airing down? are they too fragile for off road use?
                  Great question martiallaw.

My home is on the end of a road that many would probably consider to be 'off road'.

I need to cross a creek every time I drive to town. Depending on the season, the depth ranges from being a dusty hole, to about knee height.

Would these be okay in water like that?

Cheers - Wayne
                  2013 NW Platinum Auto DiD - Tow bar, rubber mats, MM GPS, MM neoprene front & rear, ARB compressor, Safari snorkel and Bridgestone D697's.

Daily transport & tug for 2000 Kimberley Kamper.

My 'one day' list:
                  * ARB air lockers
                  * Bilsteins, Lovells & 50mm lift
                  * nudge bar

Comment

• Gus
                    Administrator
                    • Mar 2008
                    • Traralgon. Vic

No not fragile at all, the reason is the low pressure alarm is preset, (fixed), at 25PSI which is what I'd lower mine down to off Road in most cases & 20PSI in sand otherwise if over the 25PSI yes you could refit..

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• martialllaw
                      • Jan 2012
                      • Narangba

Originally posted by Gus View Post
                      No not fragile at all, the reason is the low pressure alarm is preset, (fixed), at 25PSI which is what I'd lower mine down to off Road in most cases & 20PSI in sand otherwise if over the 25PSI yes you could refit..

Gus.
                      So essentially these are for road use only it would be nice if these had an adjustable alarm as the price and ease of fitting would have made these a great accessory.
                      2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

• Gus
                        Administrator
                        • Mar 2008
                        • Traralgon. Vic

It would have been good yes..

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X