View Single Post
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by josmond View Post
So I hooked up the WDH today, just did a quick test and didn't dial it in precisely, but rough measurements (also car was on a bit of a sideways angle, need to do again on fully flat):

Front wheel:
No Van: 515
Van (no WDH): 525
Van (WDH): 520

Back wheel:
No Van: 600
Van (no WDH): 560
Van (WDH): 565

So reduce the front lift from 10mm to 5mm.
My socket wrench didn't fit in the provided socket for tightening the chains, so that was just by hand tightening, I'll go to Bunnings and get a proper socket for it which should hopefully allow me to tight properly and bring the front back down the extra 5mm.

What's the recommendation with the Anderson WDH for reversing, tight maneuvering, or rough roads etc?
To get to my parking spot on the drive way, i do have a bit where the car and van are at quiet different angles going up a slope to the levelish ground at the top. Hoping that I don't need to disconnect to get up over that.
This is all progressing Josh

Once you have the Anderson hitch set up correctly it will be interesting to hear how your towing experience has changed.

No need to disconnect the Anderson WDH when reversing or when going through drains, as long as the trailer movement is within the articulation range of the 50mm ball. This is one of the major benefits of using an Anderson WDH.
https://andersenhitches.com/Catalog/...ion-hitch.aspx

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .