View Single Post
Old 11-09-20
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzz View Post
Hi, I was digging a lot with 4wd gps setup. And I have found most members are either using a dedicated gps unit(in dash or portable) or tablets with 4wd app with maps.

Last few hours I was on the tablet and app path, all of sudden a silly idea popped out. Why cant I use my mobile phone with 4wd maps? Has anyone use this combo?
It's not such a silly idea, and yes, you can do it. I tried it, but the screen was too small, so I'm now using an 8" android tablet. I wanted 8", as I wanted it near the top of the dash, closer to my line of sight, and thought a 10" tablet would be too intrusive.

A 6" phone screen may not sound a lot smaller, but phone screens are getting taller, not wider, and a 2:1 aspect ratio isn't as user friendly for mapping as 4:3.

I also run OziExplorer on my aftermarket head unit, but the display is further away from line of sight, and can get some horrid reflections.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box