• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bushrat
    • Apr 2010

Intercooler hoses

Hi guys,
    FYI, I had recently split the throttle body side intercooler hose on my PB and approached Mitsi for a new one and was quoted $150.00.
    In the end I ordered a set of Plazmaman silicone Triton intercooler hoses, replacing both hoses for $195.00.
    The old hosess had to be cut away from the intercooler ends but apart from that it was an easy job and they’re a great fit.
  • PeePee
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2012
    • Brisbane

Bugger, I just replaced both mine with genuine jobs at $250 each.

The place that does my services now tried to order in the silicone jobs but couldn’t get them, we waited over 2 months for them with no success. I will pass on the details for next time. Challenger seems to be running real nice now with new hoses on.
    MY12 LS Challenger (cool silver) - 7 seater with ARB Deluxe Bar, IPF Driving Lights, Safari Snorkel, Stainless Bashplate, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Redarc electric brakes, ERPS, Dual Battery (Redarc DC/DC), Icom UHF, Rhino sports bars / platform, ARB Awning and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.

Comment

• MiteeWidge
      • Mar 2014
      • Townsville

Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
      Hi guys,
      FYI, I had recently split the throttle body side intercooler hose on my PB and approached Mitsi for a new one and was quoted $150.00.
      In the end I ordered a set of Plazmaman silicone Triton intercooler hoses, replacing both hoses for $195.00.
      The old hosess had to be cut away from the intercooler ends but apart from that it was an easy job and they’re a great fit.
      Thanks Bushrat. Thats handy to know. How many K's on your PB. Just chasing a guide as to when to replace mine.
      2011 Challenger 30th Anniversary Manual , OEM nudge bar , GME 3100 UHF , seat spacers , OEM tow bar , Rydge Ryder Awning , Dueler 265/65/17's , Munji egr , Ultragauge , ABR Sidewinder Flyer dual battery box , TJM Gold 4000 suspension , Plazmaman Intercooler hoses , Stedi ST4K 28'' light bar , 2 Stedi 7'' Type X , Pedders 5899 cones , Provent 200 catch can .

Comment

• russ1
        • Feb 2011
        • adelaide

Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
        Hi guys,
        Hello Bushrat, can I ask what the inside of your old hoses looked like? Any oil or something else that might suggest others including myself (new motor last month) should look at replacing as a preventative measure to increase engine life? thanks.

Comment

• Bushrat
          • Apr 2010

Lots of oil inside the hoses, not sure what caused the split though. Just noticed a lot more exhaust smoke than usual and a loss of some power. Well worth a physical check of the hoses. 160k on mine.

Shop for Silicone Intercooler Hoses and save with Automotive Superstore! Get the best price, fast shipping and genuine parts to your door.
          Last edited by Bushrat; 04-08-18, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• PT75
            • Sep 2017
            • SE Suburbs, Melbourne

I think a company called forefront industries does silicone hoses also

Comment

• MiteeWidge
              • Mar 2014
              • Townsville

Just purchased the full set for $280 from the Automotive Superstore. This includes the hose behind the grill in front of the intercooler. This one looks as though the grill panels will need to be removed to gain access. Will report back on the degree of difficulty once they arrive and are fitted up.
              2011 Challenger 30th Anniversary Manual , OEM nudge bar , GME 3100 UHF , seat spacers , OEM tow bar , Rydge Ryder Awning , Dueler 265/65/17's , Munji egr , Ultragauge , ABR Sidewinder Flyer dual battery box , TJM Gold 4000 suspension , Plazmaman Intercooler hoses , Stedi ST4K 28'' light bar , 2 Stedi 7'' Type X , Pedders 5899 cones , Provent 200 catch can .

Comment

• irsa76
                • Jun 2015
                • Queanbeyan

Did a day trip to Cooma yesterday and saw a Triton that looked like he'd lost an intercooler hose. My Challenger has been squeeling like it's got a boost leak for the last week, had a look this morning and sure enough the hose from turbo to intercooler looks to have started to fail.
                2013 PC Challenger LS. TJM Steelbullbar, 9500lb winch, Ultimate suspension, Polyair bags, ceramic tint and MM4x4 Lockup-Mate.
                And lots of dreams.

Comment

• irsa76
                  • Jun 2015
                  • Queanbeyan

So, pros and cons for hard pipes vs silonon hoses? I definitely need a new set now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
                  2013 PC Challenger LS. TJM Steelbullbar, 9500lb winch, Ultimate suspension, Polyair bags, ceramic tint and MM4x4 Lockup-Mate.
                  And lots of dreams.

Comment

• RedlinePajero
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Barbados

Hey just checking if these were the same hoses you used? They work straight back?

Shop online for Mitsubishi ML MN Triton Upgrade 2.5L or 3.2L 4WD Intercooler Piping. Buy Car parts and bikes parts from Plazmaman.com.

Comment

• Bushrat
                      • Apr 2010

Yep, that’s them, went straight on.

Comment

• Redtag
                        • Aug 2015
                        • Adelaide

So, pros and cons for hard pipes vs silonon hoses? I definitely need a new set now.

Good question, also what the pros and cons of silicone vs OEM rubber, other than cost?? Stronger?
                        Redtag
                        Charcoal PB auto, 2012. Pretty bog standard at the moment - nudge bar and IPF HID driving lights (bodgy retrofit by previous owner!), factory rear difflockt, Bushkins for intercooler and front diff, Toyo OPAT 265/65/R17 LT, profile bars and Oztrail awning, Ultragauge Blue, EGR plug n'play, Automate and paddles.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X