• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fbo974
    • Apr 2019
    • Reunion Island

This post falls very well, thanks to Yolo for opening it

So , here the story , my led lights in on

and the relay wired , it just misses the +86 relay to activate the lighting. When i put the +86 to +battery , lights works , so from this side is okay

I saw written on this post that on the Pajero, there is a grounding for lighting.

what i dont really find is , where is the Hi beam negative on low/hi beam "button" (i don't know the name in english , we call it "commodo" in french but did not find the correct translation ) here a picture

And the swith is this one , with a red led light when the bar is on

so if I understand well, and correct me if I'm wrong , the 86relay to switch A . +battery to switch + , and hi beam negative to switch earth , right ? Thankx 4 answer

Comment

• jrmc47
      • Jul 2011
      • Wonthaggi

I seem to remember some of the pajeros were Negative switching...maybe yours is ?
      NL Pajero gls.. TJM pro locker...front LOKKA...full reco 4M40 manual ...rear drawers ..ARB bullbar...Kings awning..Kings 9" led lights...Kings lightbar...1200lb winch...75 litre Evakool Fridge...agm second battery...DRL's....40 channel UHF....2 x 128 Channel UHF / VHF Handhelds...Kings recovery gear...Thumper compresser...ARB locker compressor

Comment

• Fbo974
        • Apr 2019
        • Reunion Island

Originally posted by jrmc47 View Post
        I seem to remember some of the pajeros were Negative switching...maybe yours is ?
        I guess it is, I'm just looking for grounding in Hibeam, and I can not find it

I find a wiring diagram

the wiring of the columb switching is a bit of a headache for me (D311) I can not find the hibeam earth , this is the only stuff i need

Comment

• NFT5
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Canberra

I think I understand what you are trying to do, using the original factory high/low beam switch. But it is not possible.

The switch only sends a signal to the computer, where the current is actually controlled so you cannot connect to D311. In fact, if you do, you could damage the computer because it does not use 12 volts.

To connect your switch you need to run a wire from the 86 connector on your relay, through the firewall, to your switch and then to ground.
          Chris

Comment

• Fbo974
            • Apr 2019
            • Reunion Island

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
            I think I understand what you are trying to do, using the original factory high/low beam switch. But it is not possible.

Exactly , this is what i wanted to do

The switch only sends a signal to the computer, where the current is actually controlled so you cannot connect to D311. In fact, if you do, you could damage the computer because it does not use 12 volts.
            Ooohh okkk

To connect your switch you need to run a wire from the 86 connector on your relay, through the firewall, to your switch and then to ground.

But , i do that , the led bar will work only with the switch , if i want it to work with hibeam on , i need to take a positive from the headlight , right ?
            Anyway, thank you for these clarifications, I appreciate

Comment

• Fbo974
              • Apr 2019
              • Reunion Island

So , this is were i taked the Hibeam positive (Red/Yellow wire)

And know it works great in combo with Hibeam when switch is on

Thanks a lot for this post , and help

Comment

• NFT5
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2011
                • Canberra

Originally posted by Fbo974 View Post
                But , i do that , the led bar will work only with the switch , if i want it to work with hibeam on , i need to take a positive from the headlight , right ?

Yes. Take your switching feed from the high beam at either the headlight or at the relay box, run to the 85 contact on the relay then out via 86 to your switch inside.

This way your LEDs will only work when the high beam is on, or, by turning off the switch, you can have high beams without the LEDs.
                Chris

Comment

• Fbo974
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Reunion Island

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
                  Yes. Take your switching feed from the high beam at either the headlight or at the relay box, run to the 85 contact on the relay then out via 86 to your switch inside.

This way your LEDs will only work when the high beam is on, or, by turning off the switch, you can have high beams without the LEDs.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X