• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rodsfromday
    • Jul 2017
    • Kingaroy

Four wheel drive mode

With my Outlander, when it rained, I used to select 4x4 mode on the selector and then drove like that in the rain.
    Now is that possible with the Pajero as well. This is my first 4 wheel drive car so not really too clued up with the ins and outs of it. I read through the owners manual but would like someone to explain it in layman's terms, please.
    Thanx
  • Seigried
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2016
    • brisbane

I drive mine in 4h nearly all the time.
    If you dont have the manual there is a simple explanation here

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• spot01
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Adelaide

Yes, it is possible.

Your NS has Super Select, with 4 settings on the transfer shifter:
      4LLC
      4HLC
      4H
      2H

You can use 4H on bitumen as the centre diff is unlocked. This is recommended when towing (refer card in driver's sunvisor) and very useful on wet bitumen or hard dirt roads, gravel. etc. I use 4H if driving on a mixture of bitumen & gravel roads, as you don't have to remember to take it out of locked 4WD (4HLC) when going back onto the tar. 4H is also very useful when pulling off onto the unsealed verge & starting off again. You can shift between 2H & 4H (& 4HLC on loose surfaces) whilst moving at up to 100kph with the wheels straight ahead & lift off the throttle. When the lights go solid, the shift is complete. You MUST always stop the vehicle completely before shifting to or from 4LLC (Low range). When stopped, put in neutral if an auto or it won't shift.
      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• rodsfromday
        • Jul 2017
        • Kingaroy

Thank you, guys. That is exactly the explanation I was after. Will definitely be using the 4H from now on.

Comment

• Ozzyal
          • Sep 2017
          • Rushworth

Super select is the main reason I stay with Mitsubishi . So easy .

Comment

• Merts
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2011
            • Bendigo Vic

Originally posted by Ozzyal View Post
            Super select is the main reason I stay with Mitsubishi . So easy .
            I agree. When I was looking for a twin cab ute, I considered a few, but at the end of the day, the combination of value for money and the far superior 4WD system on the MQ Triton won me over. Being able to drive all 4 wheels on the bitumen is a big advantage when towing or when sections of the road are slippery.
            Merts
            Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
            Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X