X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike m
    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by danm View Post
    I think this warrants referral to both the Motor Traders Assn in your state and the Office of Fair Trading (your state equivalent) - it's fraudulent and probably will flourish in the industry until prosecutions occur. Lots of drivers would speed and run red lights if there was no police, unfortunately.

Thanks for letting us know.

Just out of interest. I had mine done at 38,000km recently by an independent 4x4 mechanic. One of the sixteen valves did not need adjustment I'm told. The inlet valves were all tight ('valve recession') and the exhausts needed tightening. I could see where tools had been used on the engine cover and I got a few oily fingerprints on the paintwork for free!

Dan
    Hi, I would of been happy to see oily finger prints or an oil spill down side of the engine block etc mine always looked pristine after a service. Just thought they were very careful, their favorite trick is to touch the radio and move the seat, so you felt something had been done.
    Cheers
    Mike

Comment

• mike m
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Shano592 View Post
      This. Use a mechanic that you trust, and you will never have these issues.
      Hi, yes that is where I am going, I will only use MMA agents for warranty work if necessary.
      Cheers
      Mike

Comment

• mike m
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by pauld View Post
        Really simple answer - stop going to Dealers!
        Thanks mate I did have an underlying suspicion work wasn't being done however I was worried about warranty issues if it ever arose however MMA assured me it was OK to use any mechanic I was happy with.
        Money is hard to come by when retired never mind being taken for a ride.
        Cheers
        Mike

Comment

• mike m
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by mrbuttons View Post
          I've just had my NX in for its 30k service and valve adjustment was supposed to be part of the service. It cost me $800, why was yours only $500 ?
          wish i had taped my gopro running in there, now you've got me worried ..
          Hi, I only had the tappets done and the transfer case oil change, nothing else. The rest of the service was done on my caravan travels in Victoria.
          Cheers
          Mike

Comment

• starjunk
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2011
            • Sydney

Originally posted by mike m View Post
            Hi, yes that is where I am going, I will only use MMA agents for warranty work if necessary.
            Cheers
            Mike
            Likewise. I once told a dealer principal (who was trying to get me to look at the new outlander that was just been released) in the presence of the service manager, that I would never buy a new Mitsubishi again, and it was not because I didn't like the cars, but because I had to use them for warranty services. On the first service of my NP VR-X, I watched them from around the corner, lift the bonnet, kick the tyres and walk away from the vehicle, only to return half an hour later to close the bonnet, bring the car out and tell me that the service had been done. I was ropable.
            Not this little black duck.

Still nervous about taking my NS back to a dealer when the time comes for the passenger airbag recall to be done.
            The last mechanic I used on the other hand.... Well i knew the work had been done. I had just finished polishing the entire car by hand that week, and got it back from the mechanic covered in greasy handprints and smelling of old oil.... Hope they had a seat cover on.....
            '92 NH GLS LWB 3.0V6 A/T ...sold Please DON'T consider
            '06 NP VR-X LWB Turbo Diesel Sports A/T..sold Please consider
            '96 NJ GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T..sold . Loved that car
            '08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!

Comment

• erad
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Cooma NSW

I too am suspicious of dealer service - with just cause, I was burnt years ago. I have 2 cars still under warranty, and they both get serviced by the dealer - only because if something does break, it is less hassle to get it fixed under warranty. I mark certain hard to access points to see if they do get touched. Thusfar all the dealer claims to have done seems as it is was done. Whether it was done correctly, I cannot tell, but the last time was for tappet adjustment and certainly the rocker cover bolts and injector lines were touched and the car seems to be quieter, but maybe new oil made it that way - I cannot tell. All I know is that $900 for an oil change and tappet adjustment is WAY over the top. I am on a pension and don't like splashing my money around needlessly. I am at the stage of getting some warranty work done now, and the dealer seems to be doing the right thing by me so far.

Comment

• mike m
                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by portunus View Post
                mike m I have a 90k service coming up and am interested if the MM dealer in Wayville is the one you used to use
                No comment..

Comment

• mike m
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by erad View Post
                  I too am suspicious of dealer service - with just cause, I was burnt years ago. I have 2 cars still under warranty, and they both get serviced by the dealer - only because if something does break, it is less hassle to get it fixed under warranty. I mark certain hard to access points to see if they do get touched. Thusfar all the dealer claims to have done seems as it is was done. Whether it was done correctly, I cannot tell, but the last time was for tappet adjustment and certainly the rocker cover bolts and injector lines were touched and the car seems to be quieter, but maybe new oil made it that way - I cannot tell. All I know is that $900 for an oil change and tappet adjustment is WAY over the top. I am on a pension and don't like splashing my money around needlessly. I am at the stage of getting some warranty work done now, and the dealer seems to be doing the right thing by me so far.
                  Hi, I am also retired and money is harder to come by now, so I do like to get what I pay for. However, I still have faith in people doing the right thing and the majority I think do.
                  Cheers
                  Mike

Comment

• mike m
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by JoshF View Post
                    So what did Mitsubishi Australia say when you reported the issue?
                    Hi, when I rang MMA I told him to record the conversation I was having with him and to replay it to his manager. His reply basically was they are franchisees and they have no control of what happens in their workshops and I was entitled to take my vehicle to whom ever I wanted to so long as the work was performed as per the log book.
                    Cheers
                    Mike

Comment

• mike m
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by flyboy View Post
                      Name and shame?
                      I have the photos and the refund however the company employs many people who need an income and I don't really need the stress of what would happen.
                      Cheers
                      Mike

Comment

• mike m
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                        $539.80 wouldn't cover the cost of an NW valve adjustment and a service. What km service was it?
                        Usually you are looking at around the $1100 mark for service and valve adjustment. I know they dicked around with the service schedules so the 2nd scheduled adjustment fell outside of the fixed price period.
                        It used to be required every 30,000km, so the 30 and 60 services would fall under fixed price. Pretty sure most of them now have an adjustment at 30,000 then 75,000 and revert to every 30,000 after that. Sneaky bastards. I have decided with my Patrol I am going to service it myself and take the risk on warranty. With any luck the ZD30 will expire early and I can move onto a 6.6 litre duramax or similar.
                        Hi, I had part of the 105,000 service done in Victoria whilst I was caravaning, due to time constraints and the valve adjustment and transfer case done on my return home to SA. The vehicle is great just wanted it serviced properly by their authorized agent.
                        I think most new vehicles with the quality of lubricants these days could do 50000kms plus without doing any servicing and I think a small part of the industry maybe cutting corners due to booking in too much work.
                        Cheers
                        Mike

Comment

• slowcoach
                          • Apr 2014
                          • SA but travelling around Oz

No comment..
                          I know its a branch of that dealership but Morphett Vale used to be good to deal with....expensive but so are all MM dealerships.
                          I was happy with what morphett vale guys did 18mths ago before I took off touring around Oz.

I had issues in Broome last year when the dealer there did my 90,000km tappet adjustment and did not put a new seal kit in.
                          Got up the road 450kms and found oil leaks at 2 injector solenoids.
                          So even when they ( MM dealerships )do the tappets they dont always do it properly
                          TJM snorkel, Smartbar, Firestone air bags, SPV mod, Thumper Redback Extreme agm, Donaldson fuel filter, Bridgestone LT 697 AT, McHitch tow hitch 3.5t, Redarc 2550 bc-dc.

Comment

• pauld
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2010
                            • Melbourne

Hi, I had part of the 105,000 service done in Victoria whilst I was caravaning, due to time constraints and the valve adjustment and transfer case done on my return home to SA. The vehicle is great just wanted it serviced properly by their authorized agent.
                            I think most new vehicles with the quality of lubricants these days could do 50000kms plus without doing any servicing and I think a small part of the industry maybe cutting corners due to booking in too much work.
                            Cheers
                            Mike
                            If you're ever in Vic again and needing servicing send me a message I can recommend a private mechanic who has been doing my Pajeros for 8 years.
                            2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• flyboy
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2017
                              • SA

Currently arguing with these same thieves after a recent service.

Swore black and blue I’d never use them again after last time, but this time they’ve gone above and beyond in their stupidity.

I’ll keep the thread updated.

Comment

• Hill
                                Valued Member
                                • Sep 2007
                                • Adelaide

Flyboy
                                MM Service agent in Wayville completed my 90k service and sump reseal (warranty) a few years ago. Prior to service I clarified with MM should blue coolant be changed.

At the 90k service I had them sign the work they would complete with quoted price. Each pajero model has a designated service description. I had blue coolant change included in service which despite being signed off was not completed. A follow up phone call sorted this out. They did complain however I reminded them of MM recommendation and the service agreement they had signed.

Recently had inlet manifold cleaned and tappets checked at Wright Street Auto.

Tappets were still within spec so it looks like they were adjusted at 90k.

I trust Wright Street Auto. and I'll be taking my Pajero back to them when it needs additional work outside a basic oil and filters change.

Hill
                                Last edited by Hill; 24-11-17, 11:10 AM.
                                200 Series
                                AOR Quantum 4

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X