X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digitout
    • Jan 2008

warning lights on dash

I have a NS V6 and my ASC, traction control light and engine light have come on and stayed on a couple of time over the past mouth, They do go off when i have driven a few km's turn off the engine and restart.
    Anyone else had this problem if so what was the cause?
  • coley_83
    • Mar 2012

Does your ABS light stay on too ??

Comment

• digitout
      • Jan 2008

yeap they all do
      drive alright no lose of power havn't put the ASC to the test to scared too

Comment

• digitout
        • Jan 2008

Well took the truck into Mitsubishi today.
        The fault code was cylinder 2 misfire, all they did was reset the code as the car was running fine. So now time will tell

Comment

• Dopo
          • May 2008
          • Toowoomba QLD

NS V6 Cylinder 2 misfire

Hi all. I have a NS V6 Pajero and keep getting the same fault, cylinder 2 misfire. Only happens on a cold start normally under 10 degree C. ABS and traction control lights come on then the engine warning light.

From talking to MM I understand the reason the ABS and traction control lights come on is if the engine is not operating 100% the ABS and traction control is disabled hence the lights. I have an OBD device so can read codes real time and clear the codes my self. It’s always cylinder 2 misfire and on a cold start. All MM dealer will do is clear the code and as the engine is warm when I take it there the fault can not be reproduced until engine is cold. I have replaced the timing belt and plugs at the 100000 km but still the same problem. So not plugs. Have also run a few tanks of injector cleaning thinking it may be a problem number 2 injector but no joy with that either. Next will be the coil pack and or lead at number 2 but having discussions with MM re doing that as a warranty fix.

Any one out there had similar problems and if so what was your fix. Thanks Dopo
          QLDer NS Manual GLX LWB 2008 V6 LPG Lovells 50mm lift ARB bar and 9500 LB Winch. 240Volt 300W on board.

Comment

• fryzy
            • May 2011
            • melbourne

Hi Digitout andDopo, I have been having the exact same issue as you with my NS V6. Always a cylinder 2 misfire when cold starting below 10 deg. As yet I haven't found a fix for it but will change the plugs and adjust valve clearances when I get a break from work. I was thinking of swapping a coil with another cylinder to see if problem moves and rule out the coil replacement as they are $$$. Please let me know if you find a fix as an annoying issue.

Comment

• pasniny
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by fryzy View Post
              Hi Digitout andDopo, I have been having the exact same issue as you with my NS V6. Always a cylinder 2 misfire when cold starting below 10 deg. As yet I haven't found a fix for it but will change the plugs and adjust valve clearances when I get a break from work. I was thinking of swapping a coil with another cylinder to see if problem moves and rule out the coil replacement as they are $$$. Please let me know if you find a fix as an annoying issue.
              Sounds like yr coil pack on your cylinder 2 is having issues

Comment

• digitout
                • Jan 2008

anyone found a fix for this problem?
                My truck has been at Mit's for 3 days now the dealer is talking to mit's aust to try to come up with a solution. But they have said they only have this problem with ones on LPG. So i know what the answer will be it a gas problem go and see a gas tech.
                I have said to them if they think its the gas disconnect the gas computer and see what happens. There answer was " we don't know how to do that and they are not gas tech so they wont."
                I keep you guys and girls informed

Comment

• fryzy
                  • May 2011
                  • melbourne

No fix as yet, were MM implying they had seen this before? What brand lpg do you have? I have the factory approved Impco system and have had it checked and serviced with no issues found. AG autogas told me the only way the gas system could cause this was if a gas injector had a slow leak and lpg was present in the cylinder when starting on petrol. Because it only happens starting cold at under 10c they dont belive this is the issue. I will try shuting gas off at tank and venting the low pressure line to see for myself.

Comment

• digitout
                    • Jan 2008

yes they have heard ot this before, and i have the impco system

Comment

• digitout
                      • Jan 2008

I got an answer back from the dealer today they seem to think its the valve clearance so there going to adjust them and see what happends

Comment

• dolphin
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2008

there is no valve adjustments on the petrol V6 engine . self adjusting hydraulic lifters .
                        NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• pauld
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2010
                          • Melbourne

Originally posted by digitout View Post
                          I got an answer back from the dealer today they seem to think its the valve clearance so there going to adjust them and see what happends
                          I'd be taking my car somewhere else!
                          2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• chris 4x4
                            • Jul 2010
                            • Joondalup WA

The NS V6 does have adjustable valves. Inlet are adjustable and normally set at 4 thou. Looking at other posts this is quite often opened up to 5 thou for cars running LPG. The exhaust valves are hydraulic and self adjusting.
                            2008 NS X SWB 3.8V6
                            ARB Sahara Bar, Lovell 50mm lift, Hella Rally 4000 spots, MMA Tow Bar, ARB dual battery cradle/Redarc BCDC1225LV Charger/100ah battery, Roof Bars and Side Awning, Uniden UH500SX CB, Cooper AT3's 265x70x16R, Bushskinz bash plates.

Comment

• fryzy
                              • May 2011
                              • melbourne

Originally posted by digitout View Post
                              Iam keen to see how you go, Iam going to do valve clearance and the plugs as soon as I can. I have also heard to adjust mivec engines on LPG to 5 thou.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X