• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poohah
    • May 2017
    • australia

Rear Shock Absorbers, advice please

I've just changed my rear shocks for an Ultima brand, I bought them off Gumtree off a chap and they looked complete, I also checked their website and everything was there..

Anyway , when i removed mine there was a bush on the bottom section of the original ones..

The replacement didn't have any rubbers on the outside and slides around , took it for a drive and noisy as hell...are there special rubbers to buy to fill this gap?

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Ultima Rear Shock Absorbers to Fit MITSUBISHI PAJERO NM NP NS NT NW 00-16 at the best online prices at eBay!

this is what i bought, cheerrs
  • GHendo
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Northern NSW

I notice this is your first post, so welcome to the forum.

You should always install new rubbers with the new shocks and there should be a rubber above AND below the mounting point. I would have thought they would come with the shockers but you may have to buy new rubbers. I recently installed new Bilsteins in the front of mine all the necessary rubbers came with them.

Also, you should just tighten the nuts up ‘firm’ while the vehicle is off the ground, then tension them up when the weight of the vehicle is back on the ground.

Cheers

Geoff
    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• poohah
      • May 2017
      • australia

thanks Geoff

Thanks Geoff, all the rubbers were there for the top part, its the bottom part, it had a fixed rubber in it but it wasn't very wide, lets say 30mm and the gap was 50mm, the previous shock which i guess was standard had a sort of bush in it...this fitted all the way across..any ideas

Comment

• gaz1
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Blue Mountains NSW

From memory when I installed the Lovells on the rear of the NM, the lower eye of the shocker was fitted with a rubber bush that went the full width of the eye, and the bush had a metal tube in the centre.
        Here are the pages from the workshop manual covering that part of the rear suspension:

IMG_20170611_0001.pdf
        2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X