• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aussie_Dan
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Cairns

LWB NS/NT/NW all have the same brakes so all wheels from these models are 100% interchangeable (with the exception of the SWB, as these use the same brakes as the NM / NP). This does not mean that the 17" SWB wheels will not fit the LWB though, I would assume that they would.
    And as Glenn has just responded, it seems that 17" NP wheels fit too....
    Cheers, Dan.
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• 4wd26
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Bayside, Brisbane & Stradie

going wheeling (boys weekend) this weekend with a NW Pajero and a few tritons on various 17" wheel combinations, should have time over beers to check out a couple of combinations for interests sake.
      ML triton with some accessories
      National E Trek Libary
      Getting Out There

Comment

• danm
        • Jul 2013
        • Gold Coast

Right oh everyone and thanks so much for all the helpful responses. At the very least I now know that I'm looking for.

All the best.

Dan

Comment

• danm
          • Jul 2013
          • Gold Coast

Thanks 4wd26 - that'd be useful, and not just for me. Much appreciated.

Dan

PS While it's all going on you might just see three (it's all I need for my camper) 17" alloys not bolted on to anything - pop 'em in the back of you car and we'll sort something out when you get back. And we won't tell a soul!

Comment

• NFT5
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2011
            • Canberra

That'll be my NW and all the wheels will be well bolted on.

Open to an offer on all 5 of the factory wheels though. I hate them.
            Chris

Comment

• danm
              • Jul 2013
              • Gold Coast

Originally posted by Aussie_Dan View Post
              That is simple. It is because most people want to ditch their 18's and downsize to 17's!
              Good luck with the hunt. Be patient, keep looking and a set will come up.
              My brother (MoreliaMatt) picked up a set of 4 NT 17's only a month or so ago for a price so cheap it could almost be called theft! I don't think he is going to let his go though
              Cheers, Dan.
              Thanks Aussie_Dan.

Just re-reading this thread and your comment about everyone wanting 17" not 18" made me think - something I only do occasionally.

I'm not that fussy about wheel size. (Don't worry I know all the gags about "size does matter".) But I just need a wheel that fits both my MW and my trailer - so I don't have to carry a second spare on bush travels.

What'd be wrong with putting 18" wheels on my trailer? In a pinch I could use its spare on my 17" Pajero. I know you're supposed !to have same size pairs but would it be okay to drive a few hundred km to get out of trouble? Is this a bad idea? At least I'd rid the world of a few 18" wheels that nobody wants in the back of their man-shed. And it'd be cheaper for me - I like that.

I'm thinking that the reason 18" are unpopular is the cost/availability of good tyres to fit?

Dan
              Last edited by danm; 09-09-13, 06:07 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2010
                • Cairns

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that proposal Dan, if you can find 3x 18's at the right price. Choose the right tyre and you can also get 18's in LT construction (Bridgestone D697 for example) which would be highly recommended.
                It's not the rim size that has to match as such, it's the overall diameter of the tyre that really matters. So a 265/65x17 is going to be pretty much identical in diameter to a 265/60x18. It will be so close that you would probably never pick the difference.
                As you have said, your trailer wheels would then be fully useable on your tow vehicle.
                Be ruthless with the bargaining if you find a set of 18's for sale. Realistically, as people generally don't want the 18's, you should be paying less for them than you would a 17" alloy.
                One more thing to consider though, have you tried fitting one of the wheels from your Paj, onto your camper? I have tried with mine and the Paj wheel won't fit on my camper. The hub hole in the Paj rim is too small to pass over the hub of the camper. Only by a very small amount however. If I really wanted to, I could probably have the hubs put in a lathe and shaved down slightly. Only a very small amount of material would need to be removed to get the rim to fit. Make sure you check this first!
                Cheers, Dan.
                2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• martialllaw
                  • Jan 2012
                  • Narangba

Balistic offroad

Saw a great looking set of 17" ballistic Offroad rims on a NS/NT Shorty on the weekend (North Lakes QLD area).
                  If anyone knows the details (width, offset, suppler or cost) of these and if the LWB and SWB have the same wheel sizing.

cheers
                  2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

• TripleO
                    • Apr 2015
                    • Sydney

Steel wheels for NW pajero

Does anyone know of Dynamic steel wheels. They list wheels on their site to fit late model Pajero in 17".
                    Any info much appreciated.

Comment

• stevemc181
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2012
                      • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by TripleO View Post
                      Does anyone know of Dynamic steel wheels. They list wheels on their site to fit late model Pajero in 17".
                      Any info much appreciated.
                      It states on their vehicle fitment list that they don't fit 2007 Onwards LWB Pajeros due to brake caliper clearance.
                      2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                      3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Chooseboost
                        • Nov 2014
                        • Western NSW

It would be great if we could compile a list of all possible wheel options for the NW.

Speedy Grande 17x8 I have been told fit but cost around $260 each. Yes you would be able to haggle cheaper.. But still x5 = $$
                        2013 NW VRX - ARB Deluxe bar, TJM 9500lb winch with synthetic rope, MT STZ's 265/60/18, UHF, Tough Dog Suspension Lift, Bushskinz Intercooler/sump guard and transmission guard, Bushskinz rock sliders, Boo's rear bash plate, Airtec snorkel, ARB diff breathers, Aurora 5w 20" lightbar, Rhino Pioneer Roof Rack. Second set of tyres on 17" challenger rims - Hankook Dynapro MT's 265/70/17. Kalahari Black awning.
                        Check out my YouTube page!
                        4x4therapy

Comment

• Kiwoz
                          • May 2014
                          • Bunbury, W.A.

Hi all,

Been a bit "noncomprehendo" for a while and just noticed the first post.

Danm, I have done this very thing over the past few weeks, but could be shot down in flames for the way I'm doing it.

Bought a set of 4 PX Ranger wheels, 17" with good Dunlop AT22s on them from Gumtree for what I considered to be a good price. I then bought a set of 2" spacers for the trailer as it was set-up to suit GU Patrol originally. The Ranger rims fit the rear end only on the NW but I reckon there'd be a way to sort the problem with a front flat on the tow beast.

There are quite a few 17" 45-50mm positive offset rims appear periodically on Gumtree.

Good luck with finding something to suit yours, Bruce.
                          2013 NW GLX-R Auto. Hankook LT265/65x17 Dynapro ATM. Polyair. 120ah Lithium in 3rd row well, Ctek D250s Dual controller with tiltable 125w Elcheepo solar panel on Prorack S46 flush-mount bars. Primus 45ltr Fridge/Freezer. EGR sorted. Platinum front seat covers. Twin USB socket beside RDL switch. Bluetongue compressor hidden in LHR panel. Rear door table. 1400 kg scissor jack.
                          2011 Coromal 511 Magnum XC with 120ah Lithium and Enerdrive DC2DC charger.
                          2005 Pioneer Onyx.(for sale)

Comment

• stevemc181
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2012
                            • Thornlie/Perth

There is more to wheel fitment than just the offset, don't assume because a wheel has the correct offset that it will fit. The issue with the Paj is the Front brake calipers will not clear most aftermarket wheels, even with the correct +46 Offset.

The main factor to look at is what the manufacturers call the 'X' factor or caliper clearance factor. This is the rake of the wheel away from the mounting face, most wheels simply don't have enough rake. Even some wheels with a lower positive offset still won't fit. The safest way to find out if it fits, is to actually try it and make sure you try it on the front.
                            Last edited by stevemc181; 21-08-15, 09:28 PM.
                            2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                            3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Kiwoz
                              • May 2014
                              • Bunbury, W.A.

Steve,

Well aware of this and that's the reason I said they only fit the rear.

Luv this place coz it says I'm "junior member", Bruce.
                              2013 NW GLX-R Auto. Hankook LT265/65x17 Dynapro ATM. Polyair. 120ah Lithium in 3rd row well, Ctek D250s Dual controller with tiltable 125w Elcheepo solar panel on Prorack S46 flush-mount bars. Primus 45ltr Fridge/Freezer. EGR sorted. Platinum front seat covers. Twin USB socket beside RDL switch. Bluetongue compressor hidden in LHR panel. Rear door table. 1400 kg scissor jack.
                              2011 Coromal 511 Magnum XC with 120ah Lithium and Enerdrive DC2DC charger.
                              2005 Pioneer Onyx.(for sale)

Comment

• TripleO
                                • Apr 2015
                                • Sydney

Thanks Steve,

I got told by Opposite Lock in Brookvale Sydney that they fit. Looks like I'll have to go for the OEM rims.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X