• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joffa
    • Jun 2012
    • Far Nth Qld

To sell or not to sell.

G’day guys. It’s time for me to part with my trusty steed that I’ve had from new. My question is this.....do I remove things like the Steinbauer and Alpine head unit to try to sell on their own? I see things like that for sale, BUT do they sell? Is there a market there? Just getting people’s opinions/thoughts etc. Thanks Joffa.
    2010 NT Platinum DiD. Pearl white, ARB matching colour deluxe bar,Steinbauer, 2.75 BD exhaust, dual batteries, Redarc elec brake controller, Cooper AT3, McHitch auto coupler & WDH, OME suspension lift & air bags with sleeves, Uniden radio, Bushskinz bash plates,
    Scanguage II. PWR trans cooler, Alpine INE-W9970 head unit. Clearview mirrors.

Towing Jayco Journey 17-55-9 OB.
  • spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

The trouble with removing things, unless they will fetch serious money, is can you put the standard gear back without leaving any traces, holes, etc., and is it worth the effort?

Do you want to use the extras in another car?

The extras may actually help sell the car, particularly if selling privately.

Personally, I usually wouldn't bother removing.
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Hatto
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2013
      • Mandurah WA

If you do remove stuff then I reckon selling it all off on the forum would be easy. I'd be interested in the alpine head unit depending on what it is. I'm sure the chip and a lot of other stuff would be of interest to others too. The trouble with selling a modified vehicle is that I reckon the mods (regardless of their costs) adds bugger all to it's worth. Unless it's a 79 series LC! Look at what you can pay for some of them! But for a car like the pajero, I dont reckon I'd sell mine with all the fruit still on it.
      Each to their own though.
      So what is this head unit you speak of???
      Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
      ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Hill
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2007
        • Adelaide

Joffa

I recently sold my 2011 NT. I left everything in it.

It takes quite a bit of time and money to set up another car. Factor this into your decision.

Hill
        200 Series
        AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• dhula
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • South of Perth

Here si what I'd do FWIW

Steinbauer - Take off and resell or transfer to new ride if it'll fit
          Dual batteries - Take off, sell what won't fit in new car (tray I'm guessing unless you're buying a new Paj) and use the rest to set up your new ride
          Redarc elec brake controller - Take off and use on new ride
          Air bags with sleeves - If you think it's worth the time and effort to take off and they'll work on the new car, take em off and reuse. If not then leave on
          Uniden radio - Take off/out and reuse in new ride
          Bushskinz bash plates - Take off and reuse in new ride if it's a Paj or else take off and resell to another Paj owner
          Scanguage II - Take off/out and reuse in new ride
          Clearview mirrors - Take off if you can put OEM mirrors back on with no damage then resell or use on new ride if it's a Paj.
          Last edited by dhula; 06-10-19, 01:34 PM.
          2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
          2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X